Ooltewah @ Oak Ridge

denlron

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard that Ooltewah might have an illegal player, i only heard it through hear say, i have no proof to back this up, but is there some kind of investigation going on over there?

ok that is enough of bringing this up on every thread about ooltewah football....quit talking rumors, there has been nothing said to prove anything for or against ooltewah's program, just leave it alone people, i'm sure you will find out one way or another if that is true

Give me a break. They guy said he didn't know if it was true and asked if anyone knew for sure. Don't get your panties in a wad. Sounds like you might know something and are hiding from the truth.

Ole Dad

ok that is enough of bringing this up on every thread about ooltewah football....quit talking rumors, there has been nothing said to prove anything for or against ooltewah's program, just leave it alone people, i'm sure you will find out one way or another if that is true

Nope just a rumor. No investigation. Someone wrote a letter about a player being ineligble. Totally untrue and the allegations were proven untrue. ;)

I have heard that Ooltewah might have an illegal player, i only heard it through hear say, i have no proof to back this up, but is there some kind of investigation going on over there?

OH yeah and......Owls by two touchdowns ;)

Nope just a rumor. No investigation. Someone wrote a letter about a player being ineligble. Totally untrue and the allegations were proven untrue. ;)

Give me a break. They guy said he didn't know if it was true and asked if anyone knew for sure. Don't get your panties in a wad. Sounds like you might know something and are hiding from the truth.

Ole Dad

kinda funny when a one hit wonder with somewhere between one and 20 posts asks this question everytime Owls are mentioned. Give it a break and line up and play em.

That was Monroe's first year at Ooltewah and he came in late at that. You have your opinion. Do you think the fact Benny Monroe as coach has anything to do with their early high state ranking? I do. Voters respect and know what he can do.These players DO NOT think they have arrived. They have never been here before! I know when Monroe was at Cleveland ,and you can use Maryville as an example, those teams know how to win. That is part of it. Coach Monroe teaches teams HOW to win. I think this team is very tallented BUT you have to give credit to Coach Monroe in a BIG way. This team WILL be as prepared as they can be. It will be up to them to execute. I think they will. ;)

ImaOwl and deniron,

You both have very good points, and I certainly would like to see a Chattanooga team go into the playoffs undefeated.

As for Monroe coached teams, there were a couple of times I was surprised at how far below their potential the Owls team played under Monroe last year. That was a very talented team, and several times I felt the personnel was not used properly--like the linebackers were far too conservative for the talent they had.

I do agree that Farragut's QB was a good scrambler; I watched the game on TV, but I also thought Ooltewah played far too much zone defense. One on one coverage would have been just as good as what they did.

It won't be Monroe overlooking Oak Ridge. I am far more concerned about the players thinking they have "arrived." They have had a better year than everyone predicted, and sometimes young teams don't respond well to the pressure. Oak Ridge will play a stout defense against them. Hopefully, Monroe has filled in some of the gaps I saw in the secondary. If so, maybe you guys are right.

And deniron, I would agree, that if both teams brought their "A" games to the field, I would give the advantage to Ooltewah by quite a bit. But surprising things occur on the footbal field.

We'll see, but I am still picking the upset; but must admit I hope I am wrong.

lovehsfootball, you may be right and more power to the Owls if that is the case. I have coached sports for a number of years and I know a little about how young people respond. Hopefully, your Owls will have the maturity to play beyond youthful inconsistencies. If so, they will probably win; and I do believe that Ooltewah is getting a lot of respect they didn't get in the past because of coach Monroe.

One has to admit that there were a couple of times this year against Cookeville, William Blount and Farragut, that these Owls looked like they were not going to pull it out. On the other hand, good teams win those close games, and no teams seem to go through a season playing it perfectly.

Good luck to both teams!

I bet one of the most surprised people of all is Coach Monroe that they are undefeated at this point. Coach Monroe is an OLD SCHOOL COACH or an Ole Ball Coach. I asked him at the beginning of the season how the Owls were going to be this year. He will Never say "good" He reminds me of Lou Holts talking. He whines an crys always. That is just how he is. This isn't a bad thing. He is a perfectionist and his his own toughest critic. That is why he is so great in my opinion. They do seem to find a way to win this year. Not to make anyone mad but as much as WB has had bad luck this year Ooltewah has had good luck. But you see, I don't think it is all LUCK. Just good coaching with a bit of luck now and then. Only my opinion. Good teams and coaches find ways to win. Coach Monroe ALWAYS has.

lovehsfootball, you may be right and more power to the Owls if that is the case. I have coached sports for a number of years and I know a little about how young people respond. Hopefully, your Owls will have the maturity to play beyond youthful inconsistencies. If so, they will probably win; and I do believe that Ooltewah is getting a lot of respect they didn't get in the past because of coach Monroe.

One has to admit that there were a couple of times this year against Cookeville, William Blount and Farragut, that these Owls looked like they were not going to pull it out. On the other hand, good teams win those close games, and no teams seem to go through a season playing it perfectly.

Good luck to both teams!

Ole Dad

He is getting his panties in a wad just like I am. In every Ooltewah thread people speak of this "ineligible player". It has been going on for 2 weeks now and it is getting old. Some parent wrote a letter to the TSSAA about a player that went to Bradley last year and is now at Ooltewah. Nothing has happened or will happen. I think this will be a great game. Oak Ridge has the athletes to stop Ooltewah. Whoever has the least amount of turnovers wins!

www.oakridgesports.com check out what your coach said about our offense and running back!

kinda funny when a one hit wonder with somewhere between one and 20 posts asks this question everytime Owls are mentioned. Give it a break and line up and play em.

well my last name was getting monitored before every post so it took forever for me to post, as you can see i joined last week. Wow your all big with your 500 posts on a highschool football message board.

Wow why are you even on here talking. You are just as guilty as us for getting on here talking on a high school footbal board. WOW!

i started by asking a question about a rumor people are hearing in kingsport, i dont talk on these boards like "i think we'll win because of ..... and list a lot of reasons". Then these ooltewah fans get all agitated because people are questioning one of there players. Thats why i was on this thread