Ooltewah @ Oak Ridge

denlron

I like the Owls in this matchup, although it depends on their mental preparedness. They need to go into Oak Ridge with an attitude...not a cocky attitude, but an attitude. This is their region, and it's going to stay that way. At least that's what it needs to be. They need a quick strike first TD an then they need to kick 'em while they're down! Go Owls!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well OR turned ball over 6 times against SD don't think (may be wrong) Owls have turned it over more than once in a game. If you watch Owls as much as you claim Jeremy is no surprise the vast majority will say he should have started last year, Jeremy is much more comfortable in pocket, poised, and has a stronger arm than Zach. (Not to mention he is 6'2 and not 5-8). Owls are team to beat this year, but must prove they can stop the pass (DB) They can stop Riverdale rush, nobody will run against this front 7.

I'm talking about the rest of the state had no idea that Woods would be this consistent. From the couple of times I have had to see them play, I would agree that he probably should have started in front of his brother.

Pretty big talk to say no one can run against their front seven. Riverdale is not "nobody." Ask McCallie.

I like the Owls in this matchup, although it depends on their mental preparedness. They need to go into Oak Ridge with an attitude...not a cocky attitude, but an attitude. This is their region, and it's going to stay that way. At least that's what it needs to be. They need a quick strike first TD an then they need to kick 'em while they're down! Go Owls!

I agree, if they are going to win this game, they must come in with an "attitude". If they don't, they will give life to an Oak Ridge program that is down and will be enjoying senior night. The old saying goes like this, "you let a team you are supposed to beat stick around and they will stick it to you."

Oak Ridge will be no pushover for the Owls; the Cats are young as well, but they have some really good athletes, and they don't want to lose on their home field.

I am telling you. There was a letter written by a opposing school stating a player for Ooltewah lived in a different zone (bradley). It was investigated thoughly and it was proven that the player lived in Ooltewah and the house they claimed the player lived in was empty. There was nothing shady or questionable. Only a rumor started and disproven 100%. Allegations were dropped immediately.I guess anyone can accuse any team of stuff like this just to cause trouble. They caused NO trouble. Only rumors on Coacht. The Owls are FOR REAL this year. Coach Monroe is a classy guy and would not play anyone that is questionable. Just someone trying to distract and cause trouble for the Owls. I assure you this has ALL been dropped. GO OWLS!

I'm beginning to think there may be some truth to this rumor. If it wasn't true I believe it would go away. Usually where there is smoke, there's usually fire. How bad would that stink for Ooltoewah if it was true and they had to forfeit games.

Alright. I'll just put what I think is gonna go down. I DO believe Ooltewah Will win this game, but that is my job, I am a junior at Ooltewah. ANYWAY. Lets have a little flashback (i know its 2006, not 2005, maybe it is just because im use to college fooball where they ALWAYS bring up last years match-up) Last year, Oakridge finished in a 14-7 loss to Ravenwood. They finished with the Number 1 strength schedule and their only regular season blemish was against the Owls. (Yes, it was at Ooltewah and the Owls played a heck of a 2nd Half, not that the same thing could happen in Oak Ridge to Ooltewah) Ooltewah lost a TON of players last year, and many people thought that they would not be able to bounce back, especially the way they are. I think that Ooltewah is better this year, rather than last year.

Uhm... i just realized that half of this isn't even about the game... hmm....

Okay! Ooltewah's 8-0 Momentum will play a huge mental factor for the Owls in their last tough match-up of the season. I think Ooltewah's booming offensive will pave the way, and Ooltewah's defense will be ready for the run. If Oak Ridge's QB wasn't injured I would put this game a lot closer, but with Oak Ridge's team more 1 dimensional I believe Ooltewah will be able to concentrate and stop run. Ooltewah stopping the run is the major key (in my opinion) of this game. Offensively, if Ooltewah stays healthy through out the game, putting points on the board won't be a problem for the Owls.

Overall

Ooltewah(-12½) @ Oak Ridge(+12½)

27-14 F

Defensive Keys:

Ooltewah: Stop the run. Pressure the inexperienced, back-up QB and force bad decisions and, ultimately, turn overs.

Oak Ridge: Penetrate the backfield and stop Brian Marshall. Do NOT blow coverage.

Offensive Keys:

Ooltewah: Execute the long ball to open up the rushing game and play-action pass. ZERO turnovers.

Oak Ridge: Find a spark with your replacement QB and allow him time to make decisions. Paul Bingham must have a 150+ yard game if they expect to win.