William Blount at Bradley Central

TG24

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep! Those standings are correct. The Govs are in with a victory over Heritage, or a Oak Ridge loss to Farragut.

Well that's great. I can honestly say most Alcoa Fans pull for Coach Meadows as he was well liked. Now, since I live in the Tri Cities, I will chime in. WB can beat DB as I have seen both. Scott will have them ready I'm sure as he is an excellent playoff coach. The key is to hang on in the opening salvo with DB. Coach Clark likes to jump on teams fast. If they hang on, I will take Coach Meadows tactically over Coach Clark. Heck we remember 2001 when the Govs did it in K'port. Coach Monroe and the Owls did it two years ago. Remember the key is survive the opening salvo which will include many post patterns, go for broke attempts at block punts, punt returns and such. Good Luck, I will be there pulling for the Govs.

Well that's great. I can honestly say most Alcoa Fans pull for Coach Meadows as he was well liked. Now, since I live in the Tri Cities, I will chime in. WB can beat DB as I have seen both. Scott will have them ready I'm sure as he is an excellent playoff coach. The key is to hang on in the opening salvo with DB. Coach Clark likes to jump on teams fast. If they hang on, I will take Coach Meadows tactically over Coach Clark. Heck we remember 2001 when the Govs did it in K'port. Coach Monroe and the Owls did it two years ago. Remember the key is survive the opening salvo which will include many post patterns, go for broke attempts at block punts, punt returns and such. Good Luck, I will be there pulling for the Govs.

It's good to know that there are fans pulling for the Govs up there in the Tri-Cities! This Gov fan will be pulling for Alcoa to win it all again, too! I appreciate the insight on DB as well, it sounds as though the Govs may be able to pull the shocker!

TG , lets talk. You are talking about beating DB and you beat Bradley by a touchdown? What in the world happened tonight. They gave the scoring during the Ooltewah game and we all about died. Sorry Bradley, But they are HORRIBLE. WHAT HAPPENED??? Things could be bad at DB quick. And you still have to play Heritage.

It's good to know that there are fans pulling for the Govs up there in the Tri-Cities! This Gov fan will be pulling for Alcoa to win it all again, too! I appreciate the insight on DB as well, it sounds as though the Govs may be able to pull the shocker!

TG , lets talk. You are talking about beating DB and you beat Bradley by a touchdown? What in the world happened tonight. They gave the scoring during the Ooltewah game and we all about died. Sorry Bradley, But they are HORRIBLE. WHAT HAPPENED??? Things could be bad at DB quick. And you still have to play Heritage.

To tell you the truth, I will have to get back to you on what happened tonight. I was unable to attend due to medical reasons. I would love to have this conversation next Tuesday, however. I can assure you, though, that this score was no indication of anything from William Blount. A win is a win, I'm sure there were just some mistakes, and every team plays a bad game. It's a good thing to have this one out of our system come playoff time. Coach Meadows will have his team ready to destroy Heritage, and the same team that should be 8-1 now, not the team that played Bradley within 8, will show up in Kingsport, ready to show the state what all WB fans know now. The Govs have proven it all season long, they're for real. Just wait until the third, and you'll see too.

The Govs looked pretty bad tonight early falling behind 13-0 before rallying to score 21 in the second quarter. But, as Coach Meadows said after the game, he would much rather win ugly as we did tonight than to lose pretty as we have done in the past. Before we look to far ahead, we still have to beat Heritage. Should we get the opportunity to play DB, I believe we will be in the game. We have been in every game we have played this year with the exception of the Maryville game. Ooltewah, currently rank second, scores with 9 seconds to beat us. Farragut, we lost in OT, Sevier County, currently ranked 9th in the state (I think), we won. You cannot count the Govs out of any game. With that said it will certainly be a momumental task to have to travel to DB and pull off a win. Ooltewah did it last year, the Govs did it several years ago with Reese McMahan at QB.

Should be interesting.

Bradley jumps up early 7-0 and then blocks a punt and scores from 1 yd away to take a 13-0 lead into the 2nd quarter. WB finally finds some life with a Garner run and WB cuts the lead to 13-7. With 2 minutes left in the 2nd QT, Bradley has a 4th and half a yard from midfield and they elect to go for it. WB gets a favorable spot and they hold. They then score on the next play as Darran Walker goes over 1,000 yards for the season on a 48 yd run. WB leads 14-13. Bradley, then trying to make something happen with 1 minute left in the half, throws a pick at the WB 24. WB is able to score 4 plays later after 2 long runs and a long throw. They score with 4 seconds left and take a 21-13 lead into the half. The 3rd quarter involved fumbles by both teams. It looked as though it was going to be another crazy finish as Bradley completes a long pass down to the WB 2 with 4 minutes left. However, on the play, QB was knocked out. On 1st and goal, BC loses 2 yards. On 2nd and goal, BC loses 1 more yd. On 3rd and goal, BC loses 2 more yards. BC then takes their last timeout and QB is sacked on 4th and goal. We were sure OT was going to happen, but the WB defense stood up. WB then takes the ball, picks up 2 first downs......and then, takes 2 KNEE DOWNS to ice it. It was interesting and I was very impressed with the improvements of Bradley. Moody ran the ball very well. WB played very average on Friday night, and, of course, made the game exciting. That is the benchmark for the 2006 Govs. Many will predict a blowout next week against Heritage, but I would be careful. Heritage will find any possible steam left to try to keep WB out of the playoffs. It could be another close one regardless of what it looks like on paper.

Bradley jumps up early 7-0 and then blocks a punt and scores from 1 yd away to take a 13-0 lead into the 2nd quarter. WB finally finds some life with a Garner run and WB cuts the lead to 13-7. With 2 minutes left in the 2nd QT, Bradley has a 4th and half a yard from midfield and they elect to go for it. WB gets a favorable spot and they hold. They then score on the next play as Darran Walker goes over 1,000 yards for the season on a 48 yd run. WB leads 14-13. Bradley, then trying to make something happen with 1 minute left in the half, throws a pick at the WB 24. WB is able to score 4 plays later after 2 long runs and a long throw. They score with 4 seconds left and take a 21-13 lead into the half. The 3rd quarter involved fumbles by both teams. It looked as though it was going to be another crazy finish as Bradley completes a long pass down to the WB 2 with 4 minutes left. However, on the play, QB was knocked out. On 1st and goal, BC loses 2 yards. On 2nd and goal, BC loses 1 more yd. On 3rd and goal, BC loses 2 more yards. BC then takes their last timeout and QB is sacked on 4th and goal. We were sure OT was going to happen, but the WB defense stood up. WB then takes the ball, picks up 2 first downs......and then, takes 2 KNEE DOWNS to ice it. It was interesting and I was very impressed with the improvements of Bradley. Moody ran the ball very well. WB played very average on Friday night, and, of course, made the game exciting. That is the benchmark for the 2006 Govs. Many will predict a blowout next week against Heritage, but I would be careful. Heritage will find any possible steam left to try to keep WB out of the playoffs. It could be another close one regardless of what it looks like on paper.

The blocked punt was a real set back in momentum for the Govs, Bradley was all fired up, last game for the seniors at home (ever) and as ugly as thier offence was it was effective with #1 like a pinball slowly bouncing from one Gov to another and kinda just falling ahead for 6 or 8 yards a shot. Maybe just as importantly it came right after the Walker fumble at the Gov 14 yard line stopping a drive that would have tied the game. Now after those two costastrophies Bradley really BELIEVES they can win the game and rightly so, they have the lead 13-0 and if not for the very questionable decisions made by the Bradley coaching staff in the final 2 minutes of the first half they may very well have won the game. And by the way what happened on the blocked punt, looked to me as if the Bradley defender came right up the middle untouched for the block?? That's really bad timing because I talked to the punters Dad and he said that one day during practice last week one of the second team kids crashed into Kase during punting drills and later that night they were at BMH getting X-rays of his kicking leg. He said the X-rays were negative but Kase had a terrible looking knot right above his ankle on the shin bone and that he was very sore, probably kicking at about 70%. And then last night after the blocked punt I noticed he was limping and saw him look up in the stands to someone, his Dad I guess motioning to his kicking leg and shaking his head. Hope he's ok, how important is that kid in the playoffs? Have you heard anything?