best player in 1A

Fence Jumper

It's Got to be the Skogen Kid. You just don't have those type numbers in 1A. I mean it is very, VERY rare you have that dominate reciever in Single A. What are his numbers now this year. Last year they were astonishing. Oh yeah, and they are GOOD!!! That's what matters. Some one can be that good, but when you are that good and lead a team the way he has, that's a MR. FOOTBALL.

What are his stats?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joel Essenburg, #1,TCA. Haven't seen anyone that effects the outcome of a game more than Essenburg. He doesn't have the numbers others have put up because he put several games away so early. On O at WR and wingback he is a TD threat anytime he touches the ball. On D he has made several key ints including the one to seal the win over USJ. Throw in several punt and kickoff returns for TDs and you have one of the best all around players around.

These are not exact but pretty close

1300+ yards receiving, 22 tds, (20) rec. 69 receptions

Ok. How long has he played in all his games? Marco has only played a full game once. Collinwood. Now look at his stats. If we left him in in the second half, I can assure you that he would have 45 touchdowns, 3000 yards rushing no problem. And the beginning of the season was horrible for us, but we have improved a ton. I guarentee you if you saw him you would be singing a different tune.

This is not impressive and I will tell you why.....

Mt. Pleasant plays noboyd- absolutely nobody- they play terrible terrible football teams and are in one of the weakest regions in 1a if not the weakest- FCS- beat ezell- harding 35-12, and mt. pleasant got beat by ezell- if mt. pleasent was in region 4 or 3 for that matter they wouldn't make it to the playoffs.....

SKogen is ( injury free) mr. football hands down- he owns almost every receiving record in tn. state history, owns all the career records, and is the most dominating player on the field in single a. And they play real football teams- (look at what they did to south pitt)

I just knew sooner or later I was gonna read this bull.

Put Marco Dailey on your team and you wouldn't even know Seth Skogen. mTp

plays good teams in this region the same as yall play good teams in yalls region.

Our region losers stinks to yall as well as yalls probably stinks to us. The problem is your winners and we're winners of our regions; and if mTp were in 4 or 3 you might not be makin it to the playoffs. We're not 3x Region Champs for nothing. See ya soon!

And I sure don't remember hearing about Seth Skogen and yalls team the past two years we've made it to the 3rd round in the playoffs. B)

Marco Dailey is beyond doubt the best in 1a. And anyone who sits and compares

what one team does to another by scores is just a dipstick. Everyone knows what can happen any given Friday nite............ANYTHING!

Edited by Big Bigby

I just knew sooner or later I was gonna read this bull.

Put Marco Dailey on your team and you wouldn't even know Seth Skogen. mTp

plays good teams in this region the same as yall play good teams in yalls region.

Our region losers stinks to yall as well as yalls probably stinks to us. The problem is your winners and we're winners of our regions; and if mTp were in 4 or 3 you might not be makin it to the playoffs. We're not 3x Region Champs for nothing. See ya soon!

And I sure don't remember hearing about Seth Skogen and yalls team the past two years we've made it to the 3rd round in the playoffs. :D

Marco Dailey is beyond doubt the best in 1a. And anyone who sits and compares

what one team does to another by scores is just a dipstick. Everyone knows what can happen any given Friday nite............ANYTHING!

I am going to try and help you, if you are "helpable". First, you discredit your point by calling names, dipstick or whatever. You have a good point regard Dailey so don't ruin in defense by name calling, it makes you look ignorant. Second, receivers and running backs are a hard comparison. Skogen averages over 20 yards every time he touches the ball. Daily's average would be less. Dailey has more yards, but he also has more touches. It is a tough comparison. Both young men have been successful enough to be considered, and for that matter, to win it. Does Skogen have the advantage being a senior? Some say yes others no. As for the past two years, Skogen has right at 150 receptions and 3,000 yards, so he too has been pretty busy.

I am going to try and help you, if you are "helpable". First, you discredit your point by calling names, dipstick or whatever. You have a good point regard Dailey so don't ruin in defense by name calling, it makes you look ignorant. Second, receivers and running backs are a hard comparison. Skogen averages over 20 yards every time he touches the ball. Daily's average would be less. Dailey has more yards, but he also has more touches. It is a tough comparison. Both young men have been successful enough to be considered, and for that matter, to win it. Does Skogen have the advantage being a senior? Some say yes others no. As for the past two years, Skogen has right at 150 receptions and 3,000 yards, so he too has been pretty busy.

You make some very good points. Plus, you have to think about the fact that Temple is not one-dimensional. They don't rely fully on Skogen. They have 3 other guys that average around 100 yards per game: Josh Smith, Joey Skogen, and Kameron Ridley. Seth could have higher numbers in his stats if Temple went to him more. Of course, the same is true about Josh, Joey and Kameron.

With that being said, Seth has to be one of the best players in 1A (if not the best).

You discredited yourself from the beginning in the first post I replied to by calling

our region " the weakest ", " terrible ", and a bunch of " absolute nobodies ". And you want to be a little upset by " dipstick ". Get a grip man. Defending your thoughts by saying I'm ruinin mine by name calling and I used one and you used several. WOW! Who's looking ignorant now by your standards :D

As far QB/RB versus WR, thats where I make my point about why Marco deserves this award more. Everytime the ball is snaped Marco touches the ball, he's the QB,

so of course he has more touches. And Marco starts in the backfield with the ball

having to rush up the field against 11 defensive players not just 1-2 DB's like a WR. Skogen sounds like a dog gone good player now don't get me wrong but he does have those stats in recieving yards not rushing AND with the help of a good QB to be getting those kinds of receptions.Now ask yourself which of the two is harder to do? Marco gets his No.'s by his own talent and does it from a much harder posistion to do it from. Though given, its pretty difficult also to find kids in HS to catch the ball with consistancy but not as hard to find a kid who has the talent to put up the numbers Marco Dailey has from the backfield.

As far as everyone thinking he got those stats because he's the only one who runs the ball. You might want to talk to Jay Stoops, Bubba Clifton, Bo Butler, and Kyle

Bayes before you go there. And you still never reponded to where your team was or how they did in the '04-'05 playoffs, since we're" terrible and weak". I'm sure you finished ahead of us. I give you props though for sticking up for your guy :thumb:

You discredited yourself from the beginning in the first post I replied to by calling

our region " the weakest ", " terrible ", and a bunch of " absolute nobodies ". And you want to be a little upset by " dipstick ". Get a grip man. Defending your thoughts by saying I'm ruinin mine by name calling and I used one and you used several. WOW! Who's looking ignorant now by your standards ;)

As far QB/RB versus WR, thats where I make my point about why Marco deserves this award more. Everytime the ball is snaped Marco touches the ball, he's the QB,

so of course he has more touches. And Marco starts in the backfield with the ball

having to rush up the field against 11 defensive players not just 1-2 DB's like a WR. Skogen sounds like a dog gone good player now don't get me wrong but he does have those stats in recieving yards not rushing AND with the help of a good QB to be getting those kinds of receptions.Now ask yourself which of the two is harder to do? Marco gets his No.'s by his own talent and does it from a much harder posistion to do it from. Though given, its pretty difficult also to find kids in HS to catch the ball with consistancy but not as hard to find a kid who has the talent to put up the numbers Marco Dailey has from the backfield.

As far as everyone thinking he got those stats because he's the only one who runs the ball. You might want to talk to Jay Stoops, Bubba Clifton, Bo Butler, and Kyle

Bayes before you go there. And you still never reponded to where your team was or how they did in the '04-'05 playoffs, since we're" terrible and weak". I'm sure you finished ahead of us. I give you props though for sticking up for your guy ;)

First of all I am sorry that I did not explain, but the comments you refer to were not written by me, I am borrowing this sight because I don't have my own, I don't know about what you wrote, but I would not have said that. Second, your comparison about a running back going vs. 11 and a receiver only 1/2 reveals a bit of football ignorance. (Ignorance is not being critical, stupid is critical it means you can't learn, ignorant means you haven't YET learned). I guess it could be argued that Marco just has a very good O-line, just like Skogen has a good QB. Also, the running backs usually put up better numbers than receivers, (if you are looking at yardage) so are all rb's better than receivers? I return to another question, have you seen Skogen play? If so, then your opinion means a bit more, if not, then it would seem the better posture to root for your guy but without saying he is necessarily "better", when you really don't know.

I think Marco will be up for Mr. Football and could win it, if he does I will cheer for him, it seems as though he is very deserving. If it goes the other way, and Skogen wins it, I will cheer as well, perhaps a bit louder. But I would guess and you can help me out, that Marco would exchange Mr. Football for a Gold Football...as I know Skogen would.