best player in 1A

Fence Jumper

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You discredited yourself from the beginning in the first post I replied to by calling

our region " the weakest ", " terrible ", and a bunch of " absolute nobodies ". And you want to be a little upset by " dipstick ". Get a grip man. Defending your thoughts by saying I'm ruinin mine by name calling and I used one and you used several. WOW! Who's looking ignorant now by your standards :lol:

As far QB/RB versus WR, thats where I make my point about why Marco deserves this award more. Everytime the ball is snaped Marco touches the ball, he's the QB,

so of course he has more touches. And Marco starts in the backfield with the ball

having to rush up the field against 11 defensive players not just 1-2 DB's like a WR. Skogen sounds like a dog gone good player now don't get me wrong but he does have those stats in recieving yards not rushing AND with the help of a good QB to be getting those kinds of receptions.Now ask yourself which of the two is harder to do? Marco gets his No.'s by his own talent and does it from a much harder posistion to do it from. Though given, its pretty difficult also to find kids in HS to catch the ball with consistancy but not as hard to find a kid who has the talent to put up the numbers Marco Dailey has from the backfield.

As far as everyone thinking he got those stats because he's the only one who runs the ball. You might want to talk to Jay Stoops, Bubba Clifton, Bo Butler, and Kyle

Bayes before you go there. And you still never reponded to where your team was or how they did in the '04-'05 playoffs, since we're" terrible and weak". I'm sure you finished ahead of us. I give you props though for sticking up for your guy :wacko:

He does it all by HIMSELF?? No one snaps him the ball , or blocks for him? There is never an optiion back for the defense to think about when he's coming out of the backfield? Does he play D by himself and field punts setting HIMSELF up in good field position? Does he call the plays , watch film all week , develop game plans ,? Does he mix the gatorade and run it out on the field to HIMSELF during timeouts? How about paint the field for home games and drive the bus on road trips, does he do that as well?

I'm sure this kid is an outstanding ball player but to say he does it all himself with his own talent is ludicrous. I have never seen this kid or his team play but to have those kind of numbers he has to have an amazing team around him, maybe he does deserve the award but to have a RB/QB rush for that many yards I would say there is more than one Lineman and possibly a FB on that team that equally deserves the award.

He does it all by HIMSELF?? No one snaps him the ball , or blocks for him? There is never an optiion back for the defense to think about when he's coming out of the backfield? Does he play D by himself and field punts setting HIMSELF up in good field position? Does he call the plays , watch film all week , develop game plans ,? Does he mix the gatorade and run it out on the field to HIMSELF during timeouts? How about paint the field for home games and drive the bus on road trips, does he do that as well?

I'm sure this kid is an outstanding ball player but to say he does it all himself with his own talent is ludicrous. I have never seen this kid or his team play but to have those kind of numbers he has to have an amazing team around him, maybe he does deserve the award but to have a RB/QB rush for that many yards I would say there is more than one Lineman and possibly a FB on that team that equally deserves the award.

I agree- for you to say marco does what he does on "his own talent" is absurd- obviously he has talent however, I am pretty sure he has other people in the back field and possibly a group on the O-Line who do a decent job....!!! keep up the great posts!!! haha

Actually MP's line from what i heard is not as good as it was last year.

Mckenzie Rebels has the best.

Do you say that because you are a McKenzie fan? I'm not a Temple fan and believe Larson is pretty good and this is his first year to play football (as a senior). He took apart the Pirate defense worse than any qb has even in a bad year for the pirates. Only QB that I know of to do that to the pirates was Lance Wheaton and the Midway Greenwave and the pirates won the game anyway. Wheaton had a better arm than Peyon Manning . . . a bad shoulder kept him from playing in a game at UT. That is what I'm basing my opinion on. I haven't seen a 1a or A qb that good since Wheaton.

I was extremely impressed with larson last week....he's got a great touch, nice placement on the ball and makes good decisions...

I have to say that skogen is the best player in 1a-Obviously he can play on the offensive side of the ball and is the most dangerous kid per touch in the state, but defensively he is very good as well... he is one of the leaders in chattanooga in sacks, has two defensive tds this year.... and in the SP game I counted 4 or 5 tackles for loss, tackles for loss is another category in which he is in the top in the city of chattanooga...

How many tackles per game does he have? how many sacks on the season? and how many tackles for loss?

I also was told vanderbuilt is recruiting him to play defense only.....

THis + all the offense is the reason he is THE best player in the state single a.....

How about next time you read the topic title of the thread before you start barking.

We are talking about the " BEST PLAYER IN 1A " not the best team. :justwrestle:

Joel Essenburg, #1,TCA. Haven't seen anyone that effects the outcome of a game more than Essenburg. He doesn't have the numbers others have put up because he put several games away so early. On O at WR and wingback he is a TD threat anytime he touches the ball. On D he has made several key ints including the one to seal the win over USJ. Throw in several punt and kickoff returns for TDs and you have one of the best all around players around.

Glad to see Joel Essenburg of TCA get some well deserved recognition. I agree with all of your comments. There may be players that have done more on offense or more on defense, but I doubt there are any that have more TD's, Tackles, AND Interceptions. I believe thru 9 games he has close to 1,000 all-purpose yards, 12 TD's, close to 100 tackles and 8 Interceptions. And don't forget the most important stat...a 4.0 GPA.