Volunteer earns respect with big win over Daniel Boone

vhs57

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

#1 Its the Kingsport Times News and DB is the only High School in Kingsport.

#2 DB is undefeated and ranked #1 in the state.

#3 It was DB's Homecomming.

#4 The only reason DB is getting any coverage in the paper is because Gate City stinks so bad the don't want to embarress them with coverage.

#5 It was only Volunteers third win of the season.

#6 Daniel Boone is overated.

#7 Volunteer is in Church Hill, start your own newspaper.

#8 Your a cry baby

#4 The only reason DB is getting any coverage in the paper is because Gate City stinks so bad the don't want to embarress them with coverage.

#8 Your a cry baby

#9 If anyone should know about being overated it would be a D-B fan.

1. Dobyns-Bennett is only 1 of 3 high schools in Kingsport. (Sullivan South and Sullivan North are also within the city limits)

2. The people who run the Kingsport Times-News are the same people who run the Johnson City Press. They fail to realize that if they wish to increase their readership outside of the downtown area of their respective cities, they should give equal coverage to those same areas.

3. The coverage reflects the arrogant air that surrounds a school like D-B or Science Hill, which is a shame, because most of the fans of these schools are not like that, it's just that they get represented in public by people with the attitude of WaCoJaCo, which makes them look bad.

4. Congratulations on a good win, and that's from a Boone fan.

#8 Your a cry baby

Haha... awsome post.

Vhs57.... I dont wanna hurt your feelings to bad but honestly if you was the editor of a newspaper what do you think people want to read about???

1. A school that is number one in the state, they have players that go play division1 college ball and has a good chance to win state.

OR

2. A tiny little school in Church Hill that has only won 3 games, they beat a team that isnt very talented because boone has no one in their confrence except both morrisontown teams and no one knows anybody that plays for volunteer but Barlow.

But i dont want to take away credit for beating boone. Volunteer had a great game and congrats for that.

Edited by MuddDoggs11

#8 Your a cry baby

You're an idiot, you never even attended DB.

Ok WaCoJaCo it is your turn to grace us with your DB witt.

You know, I look foward to this time of year and reading your post on the T. You always have the answer that I and several others are looking for. Your top 10 is as good as I have ever seen. I just don't see how you are always on the cutting edge and so far ahead of so many people in football knowledge.

What do you expect from the Kingsport Times? They have never covered area sports very well. In their defense is the amount of time it takes to cover area sports in relation to the press time to print the Saturday paper. I did not buy a Saturday newspaper so I can really not comment on what was in it or wasn't in it. I learned several years ago ( in the 80's ) when Volunteer beat Dobyns Bennett 3 years in a row that anything against DB sports would not get much press. I just wonder if Karns would have pulled off an upset if it would have made the front of the sports page?

The Kingsport Times should cover Kingsport sports first , starting with the most important games for the three schools inside Kingsport city limits ( DB, South, and North ). Then they should cover the other schools.

As far as Volunteer earning respect Friday, probably didn't happen. Except for the respect of some people from Boone. One win over a good team will only win you some respect if you beat the teams you are supposed to beat and then upset a team or two that you aren't supposed to beat. Volunteer probably got the attention of Cocke County and Cherokee, their two remaining opponents, you will not get overlooked. If you want respect, earn it on the field. I think people should respect you as you are very much improved since the first couple of weeks of the season. Who cares about the comments on this or any other forum or any good or bad press in the local news. Take care of business on Friday night and everything else will take care of itself.

1. Dobyns-Bennett is only 1 of 3 high schools in Kingsport. (Sullivan South and Sullivan North are also within the city limits)

2. The people who run the Kingsport Times-News are the same people who run the Johnson City Press. They fail to realize that if they wish to increase their readership outside of the downtown area of their respective cities, they should give equal coverage to those same areas.

3. The coverage reflects the arrogant air that surrounds a school like D-B or Science Hill, which is a shame, because most of the fans of these schools are not like that, it's just that they get represented in public by people with the attitude of WaCoJaCo, which makes them look bad.

4. Congratulations on a good win, and that's from a Boone fan.

You only had 4 reasons.....I had 8. Besides, your reasons show a hatred for DB, not DB arrogants as you claim. If you live in Gray, start your own Newspaper and quit whinning, You make Daniel Boone people look bad.