Volunteer Preparing for Cocke County

vhs57

Volunteer needs to win out to qualify for post season play. Coacke County may be one of the most over looked teams in the Five Rivers Conference. Volunteer will use the coming week to prepare for a brewing conference showdown!

Edited by vhs57

Volunteer needs to win out to qualify for post season play. Coacke County may be one of the most over looked teams in the Five Rivers Conference. Volunteer will use the coming week to prepare for a brewing conference showdown!

Stop making rediculous post that no one cares to read about.....

Volunteer beat Daniel Boone and everyone knows but no one cares. Volunteer isnt going anywhere in the future so deal with it.

I was at the M'town East/Volunteer game, and still can not believe Volunteer has won a single ball game. They were small, very slow, etc etc.. And now they are talking playoffs.

But you weren't at the Central, Crockett, Greenville, and Boone games. There has been steady improvement over the last few weeks for the Falcons. Volunteer would still lose to Mo East and Mo West if we played this Friday but you would see a different ball club than you saw earlier in the season.

And about the playoff talk, I think if you have a shot at the playoffs it should be okay to talk about it. When you get eliminated is when you need to talk about next season.

This should be a heck of a game.

Cocke County took Boone (100% healthy Boone at that time) to the last play of the game, when CCs pass into the end zone from the 14, down 8 points with 30+ seconds left, fell incomplete.

Obviously, we know what Volunteer did to Boone last week.

Is it a jekkyl and hyde Volunteer team (given its performances to Sullivan North and East and the pounding from Morristown East, but its rebounded with wins over a competitive Crockett and Sullivan Central and Boone and a loss in a shootout to Greeneville), or was Boone overrated?

This game has came down to the last play in 2001 when CC had to stop Volunteer late up in Church Hill and in 2002 when CC allowed a VHS kid to get 300+ yards and rambled down to the 1-yard line on the next to last play of the game and stuffed him as time expired.

The 2003 game was a blowout, but 2004 saw VHS get their first win of the year in Week 10 as VHS blocked a last second FG attempt from inside their own five yardline. Last year, CC had the ball 60 yards away from the tying/winning score with 2 minutes left and had to insert a frosh QB (the starting QB quit before the drive) before his screen pass was picked off for a VHS TD.

I anticipate another exciting game between these two teams, as seeing as their offenses are putting points up (finally for Cocke Co) and their defenses are struggling as of late. The advantage for VHS is that their offense is likely more experienced at the skill positions (WRs), as CC went to two new WRs last week because their senior wide outs dropped about every pass from a QB whose stats last year at Mount Juliet would've been tops in the Five Rivers.

But you weren't at the Central, Crockett, Greenville, and Boone games. There has been steady improvement over the last few weeks for the Falcons. Volunteer would still lose to Mo East and Mo West if we played this Friday but you would see a different ball club than you saw earlier in the season.

And about the playoff talk, I think if you have a shot at the playoffs it should be okay to talk about it. When you get eliminated is when you need to talk about next season.

You are right.. They have evidently made drastic improvement, and as a football fan I would love to see them play again to see the differance.. Did they made players changes or just better execution?

The brewing confrence showdown ypur reffering to i hope is CC.Cause if your talking bout useing this week to get ready for next week,your gonna be on here crying Saturday morning that i promise u..CC is no joke, they are a dangerous team to be playn for you guys right now.Regaurdless of last week this is the one game that they believe they can win.Meaning they will be playn you guys with confidence the one thing thats hurt them in earlier games.You guys on the other hand was loud early but after early season woes u got quiet(on the board).You became more focused and won some ballgames.Now this week you got threads running everywhere youd think you won the super bowl Friday.You havent did nothing yet i mean nothing!Go ahead and get caught up in excitement cause the future looks brighter.But in that your gonna lose the focus that turned it around and got you to this point.Better quit thinking what may happen and do the work to make it happen.Unless your satisfied sayin well at least we beat Boone this year, but if you want to make the playoffs and do something meaningful better get back to the focus and determination that gave you this :rolleyes: oppertunity.

You are right.. They have evidently made drastic improvement, and as a football fan I would love to see them play again to see the differance.. Did they made players changes or just better execution?

One move on the D-Line and another kid subbing in at Fullback occasionally. I think they are just sick of losing and are playing tough ball right now. Everybody has a whole lot more fire in them when they play and I think the Coaches have found out how to get to them in practice. They have gotten better each of the last three or four weeks and now they have had a small taste of success and are hungry for more. I just hope they don't overlook Cocke County this week because they will lose if they do.

Stop making rediculous post that no one cares to read about.....

Volunteer beat Daniel Boone and everyone knows but no one cares. Volunteer isnt going anywhere in the future so deal with it.

The post 57 made was not rediculous. it's fact. A MEast win over Greeneville (which is very possible) and two Volunteer wins and they're in. MuddDoggs11 you need to look at the standings and the remaining schedule before you start mouthing off.

The post 57 made was not rediculous. it's fact. A MEast win over Greeneville (which is very possible) and two Volunteer wins and they're in. MuddDoggs11 you need to look at the standings and the remaining schedule before you start mouthing off.

Well DandDD ..... I know Volunteer has imporved alot over the season. Volunteer should beat Greenville because they are terrible this year. And IF Volunteer gets to the playoffs, good for them. They have a great running back that can do big things for them.

All im tryin to say is you shouldnt be gettin your hopes up. Wouldnt wanna hear anymore crying from you falcons.