Warren County @ Sequatchie Co.

Sequatchie

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many Pioneer fans are going to make the short drive over to see the game? :huh:

I'm guess there will be about 300 fans (not counting the band) from Warren Co. Many of us have not been to SC before. Should we bring stadium seats? Lawn chairs? Our own hot chocolate?

How many Pioneer fans are going to make the short drive over to see the game? ;)

Ill say one thing; Sequatchie County's folks were "class" last year when they came to Warren County and I only hope we can return the favor this Friday night, win or lose. I know their team has had to struggle this year but we know what that is like !! Good luck and I hope we can all enjoy a good night of high school football.

I've heard this stadium is nice and will hold our crowd.

Let's remember...this is the Indians "bowl game". They've got nothing to lose and will pull out all the stops at getting a win versus a team that is three classifications ahead of them.

Our kids... and fans... cannot afford to get cocky...or we could lose this game. We still need to realize that this is a team standing in the way of us getting to .500 for the season and play with the same intensity as last week.

We have a shot to go 4-1 on the road this year (2-1 versus 5A teams).

Plus, Back-to-back non-losing seasons could mean alot to this program...considering where we've been.

GO PIONEERS!!!

Let's remember...this is the Indians "bowl game". They've got nothing to lose and will pull out all the stops at getting a win versus a team that is three classifications ahead of them.

Our kids... and fans... cannot afford to get cocky...or we could lose this game. We still need to realize that this is a team standing in the way of us getting to .500 for the season and play with the same intensity as last week.

We have a shot to go 4-1 on the road this year (2-1 versus 5A teams).

Plus, Back-to-back non-losing seasons could mean alot to this program...considering where we've been.

GO PIONEERS!!!

Great facilities...while you are there, walk over to the baseball field, very nice.

Good food and very nice folks.

I'm guess there will be about 300 fans (not counting the band) from Warren Co. Many of us have not been to SC before. Should we bring stadium seats? Lawn chairs? Our own hot chocolate?
The bleachers are concrete so stadium seats/cushions would be fine and make it more comfortable. The concessions stands should have all you need!

I would some what disagree with that while any win would be nice I would think next week would be the Indians bowl game against border rival Marion County as SC hasn't beaten them since 1991 and (I think) a win would get the Indians into the playoffs???

Here is a link to pics of the home side at SCHS the pics aren't that great but you get an idea. The visiting side is only 5 or 6 rows high but stretch across from the 15-20 yard line on both sides and is a great view.

Link: Sequatchie County Stadium

Also if anyone needs directions from McMinnville take Hwy. 8 to Hwy. 111 turn right toward Dunlap when off the mountain take the Dunlap exit onto Hwy 127 and go through town turn right at the redlight (just after McDonald's) and the Sequatchie Co. schools will be in view the HS is on the right (past BILO).

Edited by Sequatchie

Great facilities...while you are there, walk over to the baseball field, very nice.

Good food and very nice folks.

Did you know they are adding on at the baseball Stadium? I haven't been up to the field but they are building I think they said a locker room and maybe something else and its connected to the home dugout. You need to check out the new track as well if you haven't seen it.

Did you know they are adding on at the baseball Stadium? I haven't been up to the field but they are building I think they said a locker room and maybe something else and its connected to the home dugout. You need to check out the new track as well if you haven't seen it.

I knew they were going to add on, just didn't know they started. The field is always well kept and don't change the bleachers. A field of dreams. Yes, the track is great. I think your facilities are great. I also think most of the folks there are very nice . Good luck in rebuilding the program.

Edited by wingman10

The bleachers are concrete so stadium seats/cushions would be fine and make it more comfortable. The concessions stands should have all you need!

I would some what disagree with that while any win would be nice I would think next week would be the Indians bowl game against border rival Marion County as SC hasn't beaten them since 1991 and (I think) a win would get the Indians into the playoffs???

Here is a link to pics of the home side at SCHS the pics aren't that great but you get an idea. The visiting side is only 5 or 6 rows high but stretch across from the 15-20 yard line on both sides and is a great view.

Link: Sequatchie County Stadium

Also if anyone needs directions from McMinnville take Hwy. 8 to Hwy. 111 turn right toward Dunlap when off the mountain take the Dunlap exit onto Hwy 127 and go through town turn right at the redlight (just after McDonald's) and the Sequatchie Co. schools will be in view the HS is on the right (past BILO).

Great point on the rivalry and possible playoff implications. I just know that it would go down as one of those games that Sequatchie County folks would talk about for the rest of their lives if the Indians pulled the upset. Those games scare me greatly.

Loved the shots of the field and the directions.

Any suggestions on great places to eat before the game?

I hope we make a good showing on... and off the field Friday night.

GO PIONEERS!!!

Guest dare_2_dream

I wish the Indians the best of luck, but I see the Pioneers winning this one by 40+...

Wow. Wish them luck and then tell them they are going to get murdered. I love it.