ELIZABETHTON AT CENTRAL

orange and black

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched a bit of the Cyclone practice today and I was surprised at the lack of a 'sense of urgency' by the entire team (players & coaches alike). They appear to be ripe for the pickin so maybe Central will solve thier season by ending Betsy's slim chances for a playoff spot? Coach PLess seemed to be saying all of the right things after practice concerning 'urgency' but who knows if it soaked into the Cyclone players skulls. Kind of a short week because of weather........better take advantage of the next two days. <_<

CYCLONE PRIDE!!

I watched a bit of the Cyclone practice today and I was surprised at the lack of a 'sense of urgency' by the entire team (players & coaches alike). They appear to be ripe for the pickin so maybe Central will solve thier season by ending Betsy's slim chances for a playoff spot? Coach PLess seemed to be saying all of the right things after practice concerning 'urgency' but who knows if it soaked into the Cyclone players skulls. Kind of a short week because of weather........better take advantage of the next two days. :thumb:

CYCLONE PRIDE!!

GLEE THEY SHOULDNT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST TWO GAMES OF THE YEAR TO FEEL URGENCY PLAYERS AND COACHES ALIKE! PLUS IN TALKING WITH THE COACHES IVE FOUND THEY JUST WANT THE SEASON OVER AND THAT ISNT FAR TO THESE KIDS!WITHOUT SUPPORT FROM YOUR LEADERS ANY ATTEMPT AT SUCESS SHALL SURELY FAIL! GOOD LUCK TO YOU CYCLONES THAT STILL SHOW PRIDE IN YOUR GAME AND HEART!

GO CYCLONES

What we don't realize is Elizabethton not only has a shot still at the playoff, but they have a very good shot at the #3 seed in the conference. With a TN High defeat of Johnson County, and if Elizabethton can beat Central and Johnson County the next two weeks, this 2-6 team will be looking at probably Mo. East in the first round of the playoffs. All the Cyclones can do is control their end of the deal. They still, however need either East or Central to beat Unicoi in the last two games becaue Unicoi has the tiebreaker. With all that said, why give up now???? Their is no doubt in my mind this Cyclone team can win out and become the #3 seed in the MLC. I've seen the Cyclones play twice this year, and I know what kind of a player Smith is. He is a natural competitor and a joy to compete with. If his team will buy into a positive attitude, their will be smiling faces in Betsy town, 9 days from now. If their is any doubt in the Cyclones players then I gurantee you this miraculus turnaround will not happen. High school football is the best game their is, and stories like this make it so great. All we can do is sit back and see if these kids believe in themselves like they did in the first half against D-B which seemed like a century ago, but the realistic thing is, it was the same group of guys, and the same coaching staff, just with a different attitude. These Cyclones have 2 games left to prove their worth and save their, what everyone was ready to quit on, season.....

Cyclones- 24

Cougars-17

Edited by ftball89

What we don't realize is Elizabethton not only has a shot still at the playoff, but they have a very good shot at the #3 seed in the conference. With a TN High defeat of Johnson County, and if Elizabethton can beat Central and Johnson County the next two weeks, this 2-6 team will be looking at probably Mo. East in the first round of the playoffs. All the Cyclones can do is control their end of the deal. They still, however need either East or Central to beat Unicoi in the last two games becaue Unicoi has the tiebreaker. With all that said, why give up now???? Their is no doubt in my mind this Cyclone team can win out and become the #3 seed in the MLC. I've seen the Cyclones play twice this year, and I know what kind of a player Smith is. He is a natural competitor and a joy to compete with. If his team will buy into a positive attitude, their will be smiling faces in Betsy town, 9 days from now. If their is any doubt in the Cyclones players then I gurantee you this miraculus turnaround will not happen. High school football is the best game their is, and stories like this make it so great. All we can do is sit back and see if these kids believe in themselves like they did in the first half against D-B which seemed like a century ago, but the realistic thing is, it was the same group of guys, and the same coaching staff, just with a different attitude. These Cyclones have 2 games left to prove their worth and save their, what everyone was ready to quit on, season.....

Cyclones- 24

Cougars-17

All the right words at the correct time. You are the desirving ones based on your effort and your sportsmanship. Good luck from the South Side! :thumb:

Then come the Cow Towners. What a tangled web thou hast weaved. The only way out is to play your best ball of the year and I read this thread and hear of 'no fire in the oven'. Quiters? or Go Getters?

There are go getters out there but they are out there on their own. This team doesn't play inspired all the time. There are guys like 74 (my favorite), 8 (another trooper), 11, 52, 44, 41 and so and so that leave thier hearts on the field while a couple of seniors and a bunch of underclassmen cut up on the sidelines always letting someone else fight the battle for them. You watchit every game. The same guys and no one says a word to them. Im not talking about Price or 21 and a very few of the underclassmen,b ut most of them just want a uniform. Well u guys that lay it on the line u just keep doing that and you will be able to look back and be proud of what you gave to your team while the others play their game on Nintendo in shame. I hate to say it but change is coming. There is no way around it that I can see. By 09 maybe things will be back on track. Until then I am one to stand by the warriors of the Cyclones and am proud of them no matter what.

77 should be benched for countless personal fouls not to mention all the other penalties. He is an embarassment to the high school. There was several screaming at him this past friday. Enough is enough. You watch him come off the field and no one says anyting to him?? Surely they are not being taught to play that way? None of the other players do it.

I have been saying most of the same things for the past 2 or 3 years.

Finally everything has came to a head at EHS. It has been slowly building and now it has happened. Some players and some coaches get by with whatever and noone has enough guts to say anything.

I feel sorry for the kids because you are only 17 playing highschool football once.

I wouldn't know the AD if he walked in right now but he needs to clean house and if he will not then he needs to go also. The only way the sports program will get any better is to start over.

Stevie Wonder can see what the problems are so surely Payne can see and if not I can be his seeing eye dog. (No jokes please)

I know some on here will be done at season's end and I will miss arguing and agreeing with them but I think we are finally on the same side and 3 years ago I was in Seattle and you'll where in Boston and now we are in Iowa.

All very interesting but still yet, the focus can not be taken off of the task at hand. Winning the next game one play at a time. It takes the entire team each play and I agree, not all understand that, but what the staff has to work with is what they have.

One play at a time..........

CYCLONE PRIDE!!