Region 5-3A Standings (Heading Into Week Nine)

Big Country

No!!!!

Why would you pick Spring Hill to beat Page by 3 td's when Page beat Marshall co and Marshall co beat Spring Hill.?

That loss to Page can still rear its ugly head.

Not sure if it will be by 3 TDs, but I think SH will beat them pretty handily.

Spring Hill has a lot of momentum from the second half against Cheatham County, and they had a week off to rest. This team hasn't gone to the playoffs in 8 years, and they don't want to get this close and lose it. They'll play Page with a passion. I think this will be their best game of the year thus far, as they've only gotten better as time's gone by.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BC, can we lose our last two & still sneak in if certain other things happen ?

Not that we'd need to.

Yes there is a scenario where that happens:

If Marshall Co. lost out, Spring Hill split (meaning that they beat Page & lost to Creek Wood), Creek Wood lost to Giles Co., & Page lost out then the Tigers from Lewisburg would be playoff bound. It's not too far fetched to say that any of those things mentioned couldn't happen. Here is what that scenario would result in:

1.) Lipscomb: 9-1 (7-0)

2.) Giles: 9-1 (6-1)

3.) Cheatham Co.: 5-5 (4-3)

4.) Marshall: 3-7 (3-4): beat both CW & SH head-to-head :lol:

5.) Creek Wood: 4-6 (3-4)

6.) Spring Hill: 4-6 (3-4)

7.) Page: 3-7 (2-5)

8.) Montgomery Central: 1-9 (0-7)

Yes there is a scenario where that happens:

If Marshall Co. lost out, Spring Hill split (meaning that they beat Page & lost to Creek Wood), Creek Wood lost to Giles Co., & Page lost out then the Tigers from Lewisburg would be playoff bound. It's not too far fetched to say that any of those things mentioned couldn't happen. Here is what that scenario would result in:

1.) Lipscomb: 9-1 (7-0)

2.) Giles: 9-1 (6-1)

3.) Cheatham Co.: 5-5 (4-3)

4.) Marshall: 3-7 (3-4): beat both CW & SH head-to-head :lol:

5.) Creek Wood: 4-6 (3-4)

6.) Spring Hill: 4-6 (3-4)

7.) Page: 3-7 (2-5)

8.) Montgomery Central: 1-9 (0-7)

assuming CW will lose to Giles this week and beat SH in the week after is there any chance CW will be in the playoffs??

You have a really big head that lewisburg will beat Giles. Isn't Hightower injured??

That'll play a huge factor in that game, but we will absolutely wait & see.

OK i don't know who keeps getting on my name but it's starting to wear a little thin. Anyway back to football. I agree that i think if a Marshall Coutny player is running his mouth like that then he's is in for a big surprise. There's no room to talk like that when we've already clenched a playoff spot and are one win away from clenching homefield advantage, when Marshall County is still battling to even get in to the playoffs :D .

assuming CW will lose to Giles this week and beat SH in the week after is there any chance CW will be in the playoffs??

Yes there are a couple of scenarios where if that happens then the Red Hawks will could get in. They'd hold any possible tiebreakers over Page & Spring Hill AND if Page did beat SH the Red Hawks would be sitting pretty with a win in week ten. They'd get in if there's a three-way scenario involving them, Page, & Marshall. Why???? They all beat one another, Creek Wood & Page would have the overall wins total over Marshall, & CW beat Page head-to-head.

Anymore questions folks???????

I think Big Country has a great scientific approach. I think he arrived at his pick for Spring Hill over Page......by the following....keep in mind this is true "rocket science"

Marshall co beat SH...Page beat Marshall co....Marshall co beat CW....Cheatham clobbers Marshall....Then SH rolls over Cheatham co.....Creekwood clobbers Page....and then Cheatham clobbers CW.......so obviously Spring Hill should beat Page??????

You have FIVE 3-5 teams battling it out in this region...Who gets hot????

No....and I think with Big Country's picks....it is time to revert to his earlier W/L with Page and Page wins....sorry BC ....just funnin.

Big Country, I ripped you earlier this year..but I must say, I like how you explain these scenarios to where everyone can get it....Now, do you think Spring Hill is playoff bound? I see you've predicted them to beat Page....but I haven't seen any Creekwood predictions.

I must agree. I did rip you eariler on in the season also. I just thought that you were a biased person, but now i see you have no favorites. Good picks this week.

I must agree. I did rip you eariler on in the season also. I just thought that you were a biased person, but now i see you have no favorites. Good picks this week.

Just think BC, in 2 more weeks you get to deal with a whole different set of people that are going to try and rip ya. :D

Just kidding, most of us know hat you keep us informed on 5-3A and we try and do the same for you in 6-3A. Looks like we have a chance at having some real good playoff games this year. :thumb:

Thanks to you all for your kind words. I will try my best to keep the updates coming throughout the remainder of this week as well as next week.

Spring Hill was impressive in their losses to Columbia Central, Giles Co., & Fairview. They should have beaten Marshall Co. back in week zero but a truckload of turnovers killed them. They made the plays they needed to down the stretch and took full advantage of Cheatham's miscues to rally in the second half and win that one two weeks ago. That game has them rolling and they should be healthy after last week's rest. I like them to beat Page, even though the Pats are confident now that they're back in the hunt & coming off of a win over Mont. Central, because Smith & McCaster are playmakers. It's okay though bulldog because if Page does win & Cheatham beats Mont. Cent. then the Cubs are in control of their own destiny as far as obtaining the #3 spot goes (assuming of course that DL beats Lewisburg). I'd be more than willing to admit that I was wrong and play in Rudderville come week ten with a playoff spot on the line if that happens.

Hey montague. You guys have a wild region going over there this year as well. South Side appears to be the clearcut #1 but they could still lose to Lexington, assuming that the Tigers win against a non-healthy FW team this week, and enter as the #2 seed. Lexington is #2 at worst with a win this week. Bolivar beat FW head-to-head so they'd be #3 with a win over Liberty (FW finishes #4 by beating Chester Co.). If Liberty beats Bolivar in week ten then FW is #3, based on their overall win total, and Liberty is #4 (because they would have beaten Bolivar head-to-head). We do know that South Side is a team that has the potential to win it all this year and that they're going to be a very difficult out. That Sycamore collapse that they had in 2003 probably won't ever happen again to Jerry Hayes bunch. Lindsay is a very underrated and underappreciated coach at Lexington. All they do is win and he is never given his due credit. Fayette Ware is in with just one more win, which they'll beat Chester either way, and we know that they are very big and athletic and could pose some problems if they play to their potential. What we don't know if who's going to win the Bolivar-Liberty game in week ten. That's what it's going to come down to in all likelyhood to see who's in and who's out.

Region Standings after tonight:

1.) Lipscomb: 8-1 (6-0): Region Champions!!!

2.) Giles: 8-1 (5-1): #2 & hosting an opening round game.

3.) Spring Hill: 4-5 (3-3): #3 with a win; out with a loss.

4.) Cheatham: 4-5 (3-3): need a win and they're in; #3 w/ win + SH loss.

5.) Marshall: 3-6 (3-3): need CW to beat SH & CC to beat Page & they're likely in.

6.) Creek Wood: 3-6 (2-4): need a win & Page to beat Cheatham.

7.) Page: 3-6 (2-4): need a win & for Giles to beat Marshall.

8.) Mont. Cent.: 1-8 (0-6): Eliminated from Playoffs!!!!

I HAVEN'T MISSED A REGION PICK IN TWO WEEKS NOW :thumb:

Week Ten's Games:

Mont. Central at Lipscomb

Marshall at Giles

Cheatham at Page

Creek Wood at Spring Hill

That's as simple as I can put it folks so with that in mind lets look forward to a crazy week in this wild region ;)

Edited by Big Country