Dickson Co at Franklin

faninthestand

Shane Bishop had the best arm at Dickson, it was just under utilized.

I agree about Shane Rayburn, I have never seen a back with as many moves.

Back in 88 we had Jeff Vaughn and he was as good as you get at running back.

But Shane is unreal with his moves and speed you think you have him stoped but he leaves you in his dust. And we get him back next year.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen both. DC is a better team and they should be able to wear Franklin down just like Independence did. They've also got a passing game that is very difficult to predict.

Franklin will definitely put up the points though, the DC defense isn't as solid as it probably needs to be to make a deep run in the playoffs.

DC 31

Franklin 23

Independence didnt wear down Franklin, obviously you havent seen Franklin play this season cuz they dont get worn out. Franklin can pull this one off they can stop passes and can stop whatever running game dickson has to bring. Im just alittle woried about the offense but theyre gunna pull it together by Friday night.

How can you make a fair comparison of both the defenses (Riverdale/Franklin)...Riverdale has given up more points (81) than Franklin(58) this year. So, what are you basing your comment about Riverdale being on a "completely different level".

Well if you havent seen both teams play (which i have) you cant talk intelligently on the subject! you may have, and if so you would know that riverdale is just a better team all around then franklin. The comparison isnt close. Riverdale looks and plays like a small college team, Franklin doesnt! Franklin doesnt have athletes like riverdale, and doesnt have the coaching either!

There was a game between Franklin and R'dale a couple of years ago and we all heard that Franklin was gonna whip R'dale like a red headed step child. Thing is it didn't quite work out that way. :ph34r:

Then there was the spring scrimmage between them right after the Blue Cross Bowl and Franklin got it even worse, so yes I think we can say R'dale tends to play at a different level year end and out. ALOT of R'dale's current players played in that scrimmage!

I think this game between Dickson and Franklin will be a good one. Especially now that DC has discovered they can actually pass and are NOT one dimensional anymore.

Hold on Ole Dad - I don't remember anyone from Franklin claiming they were going whip Riverdale like a red headed step child. I recall the Franklin fans being proud of what the 2004 team had accomplished when all the pundits called for it to be a rebuilding year and no better than 5th in their region.

I recall everyone in Franklin expecting a close game, one that didn't materialize obviously - but let's not rewrite boasts of a but wooping by Franklin fans.

Back to this game - Franklin has the athletes on defense who are quick to swarm to the ball, and are more than adequate in the secondary that Dickson County may become one dimensional.

An earlier poster commented on Franklins offense struggling this year. That is an absolute fact - too many mistakes (holding, false starts, fumbles) have hurt the production of this unit. Yet all that said, Franklin still has averaged 28.4 Points per game against a strong schedule according to Coacht SOS stats. The last few weeks, the turnover bug seems to have been corrected, if the penalties subside - they could be dangerous. And if they can get Campbell off and running - good night.

Independence didnt wear down Franklin, obviously you havent seen Franklin play this season cuz they dont get worn out. Franklin can pull this one off they can stop passes and can stop whatever running game dickson has to bring. Im just alittle woried about the offense but theyre gunna pull it together by Friday night.

We can all talk our talk and that all fun. Come friday night at 7:30 THE TALKING STOPS AND THE HITING STARTS. I have not seen Franklin play this year but I sat just up from them at the Indy & Ravenwood game and they looked pretty big from where I sat. I'm sure they can put the old smack down on you. And I have seen Dickson every game this year and they may not have the D Franklin has overall but they know how to take you to the wood shed. This are to very physical football teams and friday will see just who can get the most physical. DC 17 Franklin 14 ;)

Well if you havent seen both teams play (which i have) you cant talk intelligently on the subject! you may have, and if so you would know that riverdale is just a better team all around then franklin. The comparison isnt close. Riverdale looks and plays like a small college team, Franklin doesnt! Franklin doesnt have athletes like riverdale, and doesnt have the coaching either!

As a matter of fact, I have seen both teams play this year...your comment was about defense not overall team!! I truly believe that Riverdale is a better team than Franklin. You attempted to compare their respective defenses and I asked what you based your comments on. Both teams have very good defenses and very good coaching staffs. No need for you and Ole Dad to start bashing Franklin.

There was a game between Franklin and R'dale a couple of years ago and we all heard that Franklin was gonna whip R'dale like a red headed step child. Thing is it didn't quite work out that way. ;)

Then there was the spring scrimmage between them right after the Blue Cross Bowl and Franklin got it even worse, so yes I think we can say R'dale tends to play at a different level year end and out. ALOT of R'dale's current players played in that scrimmage!

I think this game between Dickson and Franklin will be a good one. Especially now that DC has discovered they can actually pass and are NOT one dimensional anymore.

Your absolutely right---Riverdale did play at a different level last year.

How can I send you the tape of the game? Maybe then you'll believe me.

Don't tell me that I obviously haven't seen Franklin play this season when it's pretty evident you haven't a clue as to what you're talking about.

As a matter of fact, I have seen both teams play this year...your comment was about defense not overall team!! I truly believe that Riverdale is a better team than Franklin. You attempted to compare their respective defenses and I asked what you based your comments on. Both teams have very good defenses and very good coaching staffs. No need for you and Ole Dad to start bashing Franklin.

Your absolutely right---Riverdale did play at a different level last year.

I have all the respect in the world for franklin! All i was saying is that i dont believe dickson will be held to 10 points. And i still dont, but it will be a great game. I cant wait till friday!!!! Go Cougars!!

How can I send you the tape of the game? Maybe then you'll believe me.

Don't tell me that I obviously haven't seen Franklin play this season when it's pretty evident you haven't a clue as to what you're talking about.

You know that Ravenwood are the two best Willamson Co. teams and Ravenwood will be the reason Indy doesnt make it to the playoffs. I remember what happened that game Franklin kept yall down till the middle of the third and then our qb got hurt and we put in our used to be 3rd string qb who didnt need to be in the game then Franklin put back the starter (who supposedly had a concussion). maybe we will have the joy of seein another match up between these two schools in the playoffs but i doubt it cuz yall arent gunna make it.

Shane Bishop had the best arm at Dickson, it was just under utilized.

I agree about Shane Rayburn, I have never seen a back with as many moves.

You are right couga14 Shane Bishop was a very good QB. We beat RIVERDALE his junior year, at TOMAHAWK STADIUM. That year we should have won the state. One of the best teams Dickson ever had. Shane Rayburn is a very exciting running back. He has great moves and has good speed. He reminds me of another running back we had at Dickson in 88 and 89. JEFF VAUGHN. MR. FOOTBALL FOR 3A IN 89. He was and still is the best high school football player I have ever ever ever seen, and I have watched my share of High school Football over the years.

You are right couga14 Shane Bishop was a very good QB. We beat RIVERDALE his junior year, at TOMAHAWK STADIUM. That year we should have won the state. One of the best teams Dickson ever had. Shane Rayburn is a very exciting running back. He has great moves and has good speed. He reminds me of another running back we had at Dickson in 88 and 89. JEFF VAUGHN. MR. FOOTBALL FOR 3A IN 89. He was and still is the best high school football player I have ever ever ever seen, and I have watched my share of High school Football over the years.

U should have saw Troy Fleming he was probably the best running back to ever come out of Tennessee but was so big and strong he was changed to Fullback.