Henry County vs... no one haha

You didn't go to the mound last year? Melrose has about 10% of their fans who are jerks looking for trouble. They sit on the visitor side, right next to you, and shake keys in your face while they chant "GET YO' KEYS OUT!" In other words telling you to go back home. All this while drinking and smoking substances.

BUT about 90% of their fans (the true fans) will be tailgating, cooking, stopping you to welcome you to the mound, and so on. It's just another case of a few bad apples give the whole bunch a bad name. I don't mind going back there at all. If you didn't go last year and you do go this year whatever you do, DON'T eat before you get there. There will be more food there than you have ever seen!

:D turkey legs and ;) gun fire fun for the whole family!!!

Edited by cougarmike

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If ya'll want to see a big ball game and can dish out the gas money, you should come watch Dickson Co. at Franklin.

How has Henry Co.'s season been goin? Where are yall going to finish in the region, and how has McNairl doing this year. He gave Dickson fits.

Did yall beat JCM last friday?

I have to say though, if someone shakes a set of keys in my face, well we'll just say that they will have to have them removed from their throat at the ER along with any cowbell I can find.

Sounds good in here but PLEASE don't go there with that though in your head. Be sure to read post from Coach81. He is giving you good advice :lol:

If ya'll want to see a big ball game and can dish out the gas money, you should come watch Dickson Co. at Franklin.

How has Henry Co.'s season been goin? Where are yall going to finish in the region, and how has McNairl doing this year. He gave Dickson fits.

Did yall beat JCM last friday?

Couga14 We are 5-4 :lol: A little upset with how the season has gone so far. However, we will rebound and BEAT Melrose in the 2nd round and then if Munford makes it to the third we will beat them and make it to the semi's. Not for sure who we would play then.

Best of luck vs Franklin . I'm sure glad we aren't in that region anymore. How do you think we would turn out in that region? I think we would be fighting for the 4th spot. I hope you guys pull off the win. That makes our schedule look better.

not that we need it. <_<

The Real Mom of #77

I have to say though, if someone shakes a set of keys in my face, well we'll just say that they will have to have them removed from their throat at the ER :thumb: along with any cowbell I can find.

I must say, when I read this earlier today, I visualized this in my head and immeddiately burst out into uncontrollable laughter! :D

Real Mom, you've got spunk i'll say that!

I'm still smiling as I type this! This is soooooo funny!

As they use to say back in the 90's ... "You go girl!"

LOL ... :D

According to the TSSAA website, listed below are the current region standings in 4A for regions 7 & 8 on Tuesday, October 17, 2006.

____________________________| ~~ Region ~~ |---| ~~ Overall ~~ | _______________ Regional Opponents __________|

Team ............ Class ... Region .. | W-L .. Off / Def |---| W-L .. Off / Def |Defeated ............................................... To Play

Munford ........... 4A ....... 7 .......| 4-0 ..... 89 / 53 |---| 6-3 .. 258 / 148 | .. Jack. N.S., J.C.M., Hen. Cnty, Har. Cnty ... Brighton

Hen Cnty ......... 4A ....... 7 .......| 3-1 .... 117 / 65 |---| 5-4 .. 234 / 162 | .. Har. Cnty, Brighton, J.C.M. ..................... Jack. N.S.

Brighton .......... 4A ....... 7 .......| 2-2 ...... 68 / 81 |---| 5-3 .. 183 / 127 | .. Har. Cnty, J.N.S. ................................... Munford

Har Cnty .......... 4A ...... 7 .......| 1-3 ...... 60 / 87 |---| 4-4 .. 196 / 148 | .. Jackson Northside ................................... J.C.M.

J.C.M. .............. 4A ....... 7 .......| 1-3 ...... 61 / 80 |---| 3-5 .. 124 / 136 | .. Brighton ................................................ Hardin County

J.N.S. ............... 4A ....... 7 .......| 1-3 ..... 80 / 109 |---| 3-5 .. 128 / 205 | .. Jackson Central-Merry ......................... Henry County

____________________________ | ~~ Region ~~ |---| ~~ Overall ~~ | _______________ Regional Opponents ________________|

Team ............. Class ... Region ..| W-L .. Off / Def |---| W-L .. Off / Def |Defeated ......................................................... To Play

Melrose ........... 4A ....... 8 .........| 4-0 ..... 136/25 |---| 7-1 .. 182/57 | .. Mem. East, Kingsbury, Fairley, Ral-Egypt ........... Mem. N.S.

Fairley ............. 4A ....... 8 .........| 3-1 ........ 92/26 |---| 7-2 .. 263/55 | .. Ral.-Egypt, Mem. East, Mem. Northside ............. Kingsbury

Mem. East ........4A ........8 .........| 2-2 ....... 82/85 |---| 4-4 .. 193/205 | .. Mem. Northside, Kingsbury ............................... R.E.

Ral.-Egypt ....... 4A ....... 8 .........| 2-2 ....... 96/70 |---| 2-6 .. 124/216 | .. Mem. Northside, Kingsbury ............................. Mem. East

Kingsbury ........ 4A ....... 8 ........| 1-3 ........ 81/87 |---| 1-7 .. 148/241 | .. Mem. Northside ............................................. Fairley

Mem. Northside 4A ....... 8 ........| 0-4 ......... 8/202 |---| 0-7 .... 8/402 | ..................................................................... Melrose

Looking at 7-4A, it seems appearent that if JCM loses to Hardin County, then the playoff seeds will be as follows: 1) Munford, 2) Henry County, 3) Brighton, and then Hardin County. If JCM wins, then it's 1) Munford, 2) Henry County, 3) JCM, 4) Brighton. Correct me if I am wrong. Just for the sake of conversation ... I'm going to assume that Hardin beats JCM.

Looking at 8-4A, it's pretty clear who the four seeds will be. The only determining factor will be who wins the East/Kingsbury game. The winner of that game will get the 3 seed and the loser will be number 4. Again ... correct me if I am wrong. Again, for the sake of conversation, I'm going to assume East wins that game.

Under this scenerio ... the pairings would be as follows and this is how I see it going:

Round 1:

Melrose hosts Hardin County ~~~> Melrose wins

Henry County hosts Mem. East ~~~> Henry County wins

Munford hosts R.E. ~~~> Munford wins

Fairley hosts Brighton ~~~ Fairley wins

Note* -- Memphis East is playing tremendously better then what they were doing at the beginning of the season and I would not consider it a huge upset if Memphis East were to beat Henry County.

Round 2:

Melrose hosts Henry County ~~~> Melrose wins

Munford hosts Fairley ~~~> Fairley wins

Note #2* -- Fairley is not the same Fairley of last year. They have a stingy defense and a prolific offense. They gave up 13 points in the first game against 5A Whitehaven and 14 points to Melrose. All other teams have been held to one TD or a doughnut in the scoring column. No one has really talked about them and they are flying under the radar. I truly believe that they have what it takes to get to the 3rd round this year.

Note#3* -- Henry County has played a tough schedule ... this will be a hard fought game. I think that the suffocating Melrose 'D' pulls this one out for them.

Round 3:

Melrose hosts Fairley ~~~> This is where the rubber meets the road ... I pick Melrose ONLY because I think their 'D' is slightly better then Fairley's.

Well ... that's how I see it as of today folks. Time may have me change my mind. If things go as I predicted ... then that's how I'm going to call it.

OK ... let's get some dialogue going. Rip my picks to shreds if you like. Give use yours picks! Let's have some fun with this thing! I want to hear from just about everybody. I laid the ground work ... you guys take it and run with it! Let's hear what you have to say!

I appologize before-hand if I didn't get your school colors correct. I also appologize if you can't make head nor tails of the upper portion ... It looks different in the preview of the editing word processing section then it does when it is posted ... I tried to clean it up some.

Edited by kwc

Couga14 We are 5-4 :D A little upset with how the season has gone so far. However, we will rebound and BEAT Melrose in the 2nd round and then if Munford makes it to the third we will beat them and make it to the semi's. Not for sure who we would play then.

Best of luck vs Franklin . I'm sure glad we aren't in that region anymore. How do you think we would turn out in that region? I think we would be fighting for the 4th spot. I hope you guys pull off the win. That makes our schedule look better.

not that we need it. :thumb:

Personally, i believe 6-5a has been the best region in the state for the past few years. This year has been the best year yet for the region, and if HC was still in it then there would be no doubt it was the toughest. It's hard to say where you would go in the region, you would be battling it out with Ravenwood, Indy, and Brenwood. You could probably go anywhere from 4 to 6.

Good luck the rest of the season, I would love to see both of us in Murfreesboro

If Brighton beats Munford, which they might if Munford takes this game lightly since they have already won 1st place and don`t want to get players hurt, and JCM beats Hardin then its Brighton in 3rd and JCM in 4th.

If Northside beats Henry Co. (Unlikely but possible in this crazy year) then Northside would get 4th and Brighton 3rd I believe.

I would rather be discussing HC versus Open Date than to be talking this far into the future. It makes more sense. One game at a time is all we need to worry about, although I have to admit I would like to see Munford again. Does anyone besides the earlier poster see an upset of East over HC (going against my own advice) as not being a huge surprise? I know nothing about the Memphis teams, so this is not a slam, but a sincere question.

Edited by realredpride

I would rather be discussing HC versus Open Date than to be talking this far into the future. It makes more sense. One game at a time is all we need to worry about, although I have to admit I would like to see Munford again. Does anyone besides the earlier poster see an upset of East over HC (going against my own advice) as not being a huge surprise? I know nothing about the Memphis teams, so this is not a slam, but a sincere question.

It is good to see you back on board my RRPrideful friend!! You worry the YANKER again however, as three distinct personalities have come into play within the same paragraph. One of you wants to discuss the "open date" while another of you entertains the idea of a rematch in round three and then yet another of you wants to discuss the possible first round game with East!!!!! As a JCM fan, the YANKER is deeply distressed that the NS game was not included in your post!!!! So sit back, take a very deep breath, and try to rid yourself of those personalities of the future my "Much Discussfulling-Open Daterful-Futuristically Sensefulling-Munforditisly Admitful-Easterful Upsettering-Know Nothinger-Unslamfully Sincereful-Frighteningly Northsideless" friend!!!!!