Carter McMasters or Philip Jurick ?

3ball30

I have seen Carter play many times and I am certain the only interest any schools have in him at this point is his height. He may break 7 foot by the time he graduates but he is going to really have to work harder than he has in the past to make it in the SEC. Obviously, he is still young and a ways to go but at this point, but I just do not see anyone giving him a chance unless they need someone to Windex the backboards?

He is pretty easy to shutdown and in no way was he a "big" contributer to Grace's success last year.

Carter was only shut down by teammates who could light it up last year. He was the center piece of the defense that beat Temple four times last year.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did anyone notice that this was a thread last year? I haven't taken the time to read all this stuff cause I believe it is mostly ER and Grace people going back and forth. Since I am from Temple here's my opinion, although some might not care. I favor Carter. I believe Jurick is more physical down low, but he seems slower and tends to be lazy. Carter has more speed and ball handling. He's not that much greater than Jurick, but I feel overall he is a better player. Last time I saw the two play (not against each other) I compared and felt Carter can do more. But I could be wrong. This season hasn't started. :angry:

And I would not say Carter was a big contributor to shutting down Temple. I would say Eldridge, Jeff, Dilts

Edited by PBG030

What about the fact he shoots better than most guards? He runs the floor better than most big men. And a coach from the University of Georgia said that Carter (during his sophmore year) was more skilled than ANY of the post players on Georgia's team. Sounds to me like he has a little more going than just his size.

Sorry, but thats not saying much...Considering Georgia is one of the worst if not the worst team in the SEC....

Thats not saying much? Are you serious? That a 15 year old kid was more talented than any of the post on a D-1 level team. Not to mention SEC ball.

Are you impressed by anything?

I think they both could play in the SEC or ACC....Jurick stays underneath the basket and gets his points by rebounds or dunks..Carter likes to step out to the 3 point line and shoot and shoot some jumpers...So they are different in many ways...

• 2 weeks later...

I saw McMasters play against the exchange student from Cleveland yesterday. His mobility is greatly improved and he played good defense against a 6' 7" face up player with good wheels. He is much improved over last year( as expected).

He is tough on the block with his jump hook and played well on the perimeter. With Jurick's ranking skyrocketing this may be the biggest big man matchup since Mackey-Lightfoot.

I saw McMasters play against the exchange student from Cleveland yesterday. His mobility is greatly improved and he played good defense against a 6' 7" face up player with good wheels. He is much improved over last year( as expected).

He is tough on the block with his jump hook and played well on the perimeter. With Jurick's ranking skyrocketing this may be the biggest big man matchup since Mackey-Lightfoot.

Is the transfer from Cleveland in "their" league?

Mackey was 1st rd draft pick of Phoenix in 1993 and all-time leading rebounder.@ Tech

Jamtland Basket - Solna Vikings 106-107 (34-23, 22-14, 20-17, 19-41, 11-12)

Jamtland Basket: Orlando Lightfoot 30+6reb, Adnan Chuk 15+9ast, Srdan Subotic 14+5reb+7ast, Boakai Lalugba 14+7reb.

Solna Vikings: Mats Levin 34+6reb, Lesli Myrthil 29+7reb, Jerome Coleman 12, Mikael Hermansson 12+8reb, Nils Hedstrom 11.

Solna Vikings outscored Jamtland Basket 41-19 in the pivotal fourth quarter and took the competition to the overtime. The brilliant performance in the last five minutes helped Solno Vikings fight back successfully.