Carter McMasters or Philip Jurick ?

3ball30

Slow your roll :thumb: I just said I didn't see it; that's probably why I'm not getting paid millions to coach future NBA players :( I mainly just threw that out there to see if anybody else agreed???? And I'll be honest; I saw him one time, and that was in the state tournament. I didn't even know who he was until I read my program before the game, then started asking around, and got some answers. And I'm not trying to say he stinks or anything like that. I don't think that. I'm just saying that I wasn't impressed, and was wondering if anybody else was in the same boat???

Did you see the State Championship game? Or the Humboldt game? He played well in both.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carter is not that good and he is not an SEC type of player because he will get manhandled by the 250 pound power forwards. He is a European type player who is a Dirk Nowikski wanna be. Mark my word he will not succed in the SEC and will never make it to the pros. He will go to Lee University and be a 4 year starter who is always injured

Carter is not that good and he is not an SEC type of player because he will get manhandled by the 250 pound power forwards. He is a European type player who is a Dirk Nowikski wanna be. Mark my word he will not succed in the SEC and will never make it to the pros. He will go to Lee University and be a 4 year starter who is always injured

Did you watch our NBA players get manhandled by the Europeans? I think you probably did. Don't be so sure that we don't change the way we start coaching/playing the game of basketball over here in the good ole' USA. What they do works and McMasters is that type of player. Sometimes people forget how much stronger and better kids get after their "SOPHOMORE" year in high school. Sometimes you have to have a little vision and be able to read talent. McMasters has it. He will be going to a major college. Lee University? Give me a break!

He will be used at the top of the key as a pick and pop type player in the SEC or ACC. I will bet you a LARGE amount of money that he will not go to Lee University. I guess if you were an SEC coach you wouldnt want him, but all the people who are real SEC coaches seem to love him.

carter is not a bad player you do not have to hate that hard.. He is defintly a D1 player,not Lee sorry buddy..and carter and phillip are only juniors to so that gives them this season and the summer to grow dramaticly on there skills

Phillip Jurrick is so overrated we will see when the season begins

For being as tall as he is I think he's a bit overrated. Not only against howard I also heard about the Hixson game where he only had 6-10 point (don't kno exactly but it was low) in their loss to Hixson last year. I'm sorry but if you're that big you should dominate a school like hixson.

For being as tall as he is I think he's a bit overrated. Not only against howard I also heard about the Hixson game where he only had 6-10 point (don't kno exactly but it was low) in their loss to Hixson last year. I'm sorry but if you're that big you should dominate a school like hixson.

It is always funny to me how people get on these types of boards and say things like "well he is 6-10, he should dominate every game he plays in and score 40 or 50 points." I don't think you understand what goes into "dominating" a game, especially for a post player who depends on others to get him the ball for the majority of their points. They have to have guards get them the ball enough to have a chance to score that many points, not to mention they have to get rebounds and putbacks to add to their total and must avoid being in foul trouble. Also, it is MUCH easier for an opposing team to shut down a stud post player than it is to shut down a stud guard. If the post player's teammates don't shoot well, all you have to do is sit back in a zone and you effectively take the post out of the game.

It is always funny to me how people get on these types of boards and say things like "well he is 6-10, he should dominate every game he plays in and score 40 or 50 points." I don't think you understand what goes into "dominating" a game, especially for a post player who depends on others to get him the ball for the majority of their points. They have to have guards get them the ball enough to have a chance to score that many points, not to mention they have to get rebounds and putbacks to add to their total and must avoid being in foul trouble. Also, it is MUCH easier for an opposing team to shut down a stud post player than it is to shut down a stud guard. If the post player's teammates don't shoot well, all you have to do is sit back in a zone and you effectively take the post out of the game.

I'm not saying he's not good. . . but there's no excuse not to get most every rebound and put it back up. Maybe not every rebound but more than six to eight points worth against 6'4" post players. maybe it takes heart and determination but i guess he just dont have what it takes. And idk bout now but he must gotta A WHOLE LOT better to be 27th in the nation.

he plays way better against players his own size.... when u are that big an somebody 7inches shorter is guarding its easy to get the ball stripped... thats y hes ranked 27th he plays great against people his own size..

There's no reason not to be dominating someone that much smaller, and say it's cuz you're better against ppl your size. Well sorry to break it to ya but there's not many 6"10 juniors on the teams you'll be playin against so you better be getting use to it.