Carter McMasters or Philip Jurick ?

3ball30

Did you see the State Championship game? Or the Humboldt game? He played well in both.

Championship game. And are you absolutely kidding me! Did I just read that McMasters is ranked 27th in the nation!?!? HA! That is ridicilous! What poll is that? And I know I'm sounding like I'm hating (not nearly as bad as that one guy; dang!......I might could play for Lee right now....LOL!) but I'm not. I don't think he's a bad player. Just not SEC material. I've played against and seen SEC material. And although I haven't played against McMasters, I've seen him play, and to say he is one of the top 30 basketball players in the United States is crazy.

Edited by defender25

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Championship game. And are you absolutely kidding me! Did I just read that McMasters is ranked 27th in the nation!?!? HA! That is ridicilous! What poll is that? And I know I'm sounding like I'm hating (not nearly as bad as that one guy; dang!......I might could play for Lee right now....LOL!) but I'm not. I don't think he's a bad player. Just not SEC material. I've played against and seen SEC material. And although I haven't played against McMasters, I've seen him play, and to say he is one of the top 30 basketball players in the United States is crazy.

It is Jurick who is rated 27th. That is 27th in the class of 2008. Carter's in the 80s or 90s. I guess you are correct since the SEC only recruits top 50 players. I guess since I played BB against ACC players and SEC players college coaches should ask me about recruits as well. Call Coach Pearl you can save him another trip to Grace.

It is Jurick who is rated 27th. That is 27th in the class of 2008. Carter's in the 80s or 90s. I guess you are correct since the SEC only recruits top 50 players. I guess since I played BB against ACC players and SEC players college coaches should ask me about recruits as well. Call Coach Pearl you can save him another trip to Grace.

Why wouldn't you hope for the best for both of these guys? I personally think it would be pretty cool to see 2 kids from Chattanooga make it to the SEC/ACC. It's been quite a while (CJ Black?) since somebody inside the city limits has made it big-time.

Why wouldn't you hope for the best for both of these guys? I personally think it would be pretty cool to see 2 kids from Chattanooga make it to the SEC/ACC. It's been quite a while (CJ Black?) since somebody inside the city limits has made it big-time.

I do hope for the best for both players. This topic goes back to last year and alot of similar garbage was posted. Early in this thread it was stated that comparing Carter and Philip were like comparing apples and oranges. They are both the same size and are both fruit but that is where the similarities(sp) end. Carter plays facing the basket while Philip likes to have his back to the basket. Carter is longer while Philip is far more powerful. They would be great together. I just enjoy watching each player dominate the game in his own way.

Dont forget about Harris Walker he played for Tennessee

and look up Rashard Jones-Jennings who plays for Ark. Little Rock he played for the Howard Hustlin Tigers, He may be drafted this upcoming draft

Dont forget about Harris Walker he played for Tennessee

and look up Rashard Jones-Jennings who plays for Ark. Little Rock he played for the Howard Hustlin Tigers, He may be drafted this upcoming draft

Well let's see. Harris Walker got kicked off of Tennessee's basketball team. That's quality. I heard he has really amounted to a lot since then. Rashard Jennings-Jones will not play in the NBA.

Well let's see. Harris Walker got kicked off of Tennessee's basketball team. That's quality. I heard he has really amounted to a lot since then. Rashard Jennings-Jones will not play in the NBA.

If he doesnt go to the NBA he has made great progress(cover of sports illustrated). How many other players from chattanooga can say that. And Walker got kicked off because of behavior, it had nothing to do with talent. He was the best PG to come through Chattanooga in the last 10-15 years

If he doesnt go to the NBA he has made great progress(cover of sports illustrated). How many other players from chattanooga can say that. And Walker got kicked off because of behavior, it had nothing to do with talent. He was the best PG to come through Chattanooga in the last 10-15 years

Please Elaborate and explain why you think Rashard will not make the NBA

He is not big enough to play inside(6-8 232lbs.) and is not skilled enough to play on the wing. AND Harris Walker is not the most talented point guard to come through Chattanooga in the last 10-15 years. A guy by the name of Porter Roberts played at CSAS(graduated '92) then at Purdue where he helped guide the Boilermakers to 3 Big Ten Championships in 4 years. He had a good career overseas and would have played for the 76ers when he came out of school if it were not for the lockout.

Edited by THELEGEND