Carter McMasters or Philip Jurick ?

3ball30

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're different type players, even though they're both tall. Who's better, that probably can't be judged for a few more years. And just because one might be good, doesn't mean they both can't be.

Phillip Jurick is better because he is not afraid to go in the paint and play like a big boy should... and carter thinks hes a guard for some reason!!

Both are very good players, but Carter is much more talented than Philip. Philip might put up better numbers because he plays much closer to the basket than Carter; but Carters game is more built for the college level. This year they will not even guard each other. Philip will be guarded by Graces 6'8 transfer from berean Patrick (not sure on last name) who is basic the same exact player as philip, just a year younger.

Both are very good players, but Carter is much more talented than Philip. Philip might put up better numbers because he plays much closer to the basket than Carter; but Carters game is more built for the college level. This year they will not even guard each other. Philip will be guarded by Graces 6'8 transfer from berean Patrick (not sure on last name) who is basic the same exact player as philip, just a year younger.

thats good that Carter wont guard Philip.... he might of put up 40 on him... as for the other kid good luck

To me philip is the best big man in the jr. class and he showed some good post moves that is far more advanced than that of Carter. Carter to me is confused on if he want to be a sf. or a pf. he settle on to many jumper from 15 and out than just taking it to the rim. And a head to head meeting philip if heard right dominated Carter. Carter needs to work inside more than the jumpers and he would be ok.

They're different type players, even though they're both tall. Who's better, that probably can't be judged for a few more years. And just because one might be good, doesn't mean they both can't be.

Everyone could have stop replying to this thread after Indian hit the nail on the head. Both good. Both DI. Different players - completley. Just depends on who recruits them, where they stack up on the depth chart and what the needs are of the school recruiting them. Jurrick is a tough post player and likes to play with his back to the basket. McMasters is an unusual talent because of his height and ability to dribble, pass and shoot. I like 'em both.

In high school, I would prefer Jurrick. He will be a tough match up for most teams. If McMasters gets cold, then he will not be as valuable as Jurrick day in and day out.

To me philip is the best big man in the jr. class and he showed some good post moves that is far more advanced than that of Carter. Carter to me is confused on if he want to be a sf. or a pf. he settle on to many jumper from 15 and out than just taking it to the rim. And a head to head meeting philip if heard right dominated Carter. Carter needs to work inside more than the jumpers and he would be ok.

Head to head Carter took round one, and Jurick dominated round two. Carter got in foul trouble. Carters team won both games, but the comparison is hard to make considering Eldridge was Graces star last year and Jurick was East Ridges key player.

Carter should dominate under the basket much more than he does in high school basketball, but at the same time he still needs to work on his outside game because that he where he will play at the next level. Thats what makes him so special and heavily recruited; his skill set.