West TN 1A Playoff Bracket

MOTO24

I believe Lake Co will grab the #2 spot..The local paper said Springer,Sep Valentine and Yancey were all healthy after Springer sat out last week!

mrbigster,

If you are right and all those 3 guys are ready to go now, I definitely believe that Lake Co. will own the #2 spot!!!!! This is just my humble opinion but, BESIDES TRENTON, when Lake Co. is at 100% they are the best team we've seen so far this season. :(

Good luck tomorrow night!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mrbigster,

If you are right and all those 3 guys are ready to go now, I definitely believe that Lake Co. will own the #2 spot!!!!! This is just my humble opinion but, BESIDES TRENTON, when Lake Co. is at 100% they are the best team we've seen so far this season. :(

Good luck tomorrow night!

;) Without a doubt. Yeah what he said. :(

what about jackson christian school? has everyone already counted them out of the hunt?

they have 3 loses:

1. a 2 point loss to DCA during week 0

2. a signigicant loss to the strongest SS team jackson has seen

3. a 3 point loss to Fayette Academy (JCS turned the ball over 3 times in the red zone) but somehow, FA has made it to everyones top pick?

Also, can somebody tell me why TCA is getting all this hype? Just look at their strenght of schedule! Besides JCS and FA, these guys have played nobody. I predict TCA finishes 8-2 after a loss tomorrow night to FA.

IMO, I think this year will be a repeat of last: It will come down to JCS vs. McKenzie, and everyone will pick McKenzie, but JCS will pull through.

By no means am I for or against Jackson Christian...just some objective observations...

JCS is a good program, no doubt, but they aren't the team they were last year.

They played DCA tough, but this DCA team isn't the same as last season's. They could potentially miss the playoffs with a loss tonight in a 5-2A that's not as strong as it usually is. So that narrow loss isn't as impressive as it was last year when they lost by 1 on the road.

JCS had been plagued by red-zone woes all season, and it's not a coincidence. They've got speed and athleticism, but not much size. The closer you get to the goal line, the tougher it is to score if you can't control the line. Against teams like McKenzie and FA, whose lines are significantly bigger, they'll keep having problems in the red-zone. They don't have the size to line up in the power-I and ram it down your throat this year.

TCA's schedule hasn't been nearly as strong as JCS's, but it's not horrible either. USJ has played a lot of those 7-2A schools tough, Bruceton could be the #2 team in 8-1A, and Wayne Co. is always a playoff team in 5-1A. They're not playing Chopper Liver High. I don't think they're as good as JCS, though, and that was proven in Week 2.

Also keep in mind FA played JCS without their starting QB, who is supposed to return soon if he hasn't already. They're very well-coached and they ALWAYS show up in the post-season. They gave Union City a much tougher game than JCS did last year if you'll remember.

McKenzie has by FAR the best chance to get out of the Region 7 vs. 8 bracket. Tell me this, how do you stop them offensively? Despite all their points last year, they did have trouble scoring against good teams. Not this year, aside from the Peabody game when they only ran 12 times. They've got a near-2000 yard passer and a 1000 rusher, and they've owned their opponents in the 2nd half. In games against Dresden, Huntingdon, Bruceton, Union City, and Lake County, they outscored them 103-22 in the last two quarters. 103-22. There's a reason for that.

I can point out weaknesses on JCS. I'm hard-pressed to do the same for McKenzie. Taking nothing away from the Eagles, but they lost a lot of key players from last year's team.

I'll post on our game as soon as it's over ..win or lose...The weather could play a part in the game tonight and cause a few fumbles..Hopefully not..I understand they are all healthy..I may take my laptop and post a halftime score and then immediately after the game..Good luck to you guys tonight!

Good luck tonight to ya'll mrbigster!!! Since ya'll seem to be healthy now from all reports, ya'll should be OK against the Tigers. The Falcons can balance their attack if they just will. Springer throws the short routes well and has a couple of kids who can catch it. Add that to your running game and Bruceton should fold under the assault. Pretty much all ya'll have to do defensively is contain Jordan. Keep Jordan under wraps and you've got Bruceton pretty much. Ya'll have more weapons!!!

JCS is a good program, no doubt, but they aren't the team they were last year.

They played DCA tough, but this DCA team isn't the same as last season's. They could potentially miss the playoffs with a loss tonight in a 5-2A that's not as strong as it usually is. So that narrow loss isn't as impressive as it was last year when they lost by 1 on the road.

JCS had been plagued by red-zone woes all season, and it's not a coincidence. They've got speed and athleticism, but not much size. The closer you get to the goal line, the tougher it is to score if you can't control the line. Against teams like McKenzie and FA, whose lines are significantly bigger, they'll keep having problems in the red-zone. They don't have the size to line up in the power-I and ram it down your throat this year.

TCA's schedule hasn't been nearly as strong as JCS's, but it's not horrible either. USJ has played a lot of those 7-2A schools tough, Bruceton could be the #2 team in 8-1A, and Wayne Co. is always a playoff team in 5-1A. They're not playing Chopper Liver High. I don't think they're as good as JCS, though, and that was proven in Week 2.

Also keep in mind FA played JCS without their starting QB, who is supposed to return soon if he hasn't already. They're very well-coached and they ALWAYS show up in the post-season. They gave Union City a much tougher game than JCS did last year if you'll remember.

McKenzie has by FAR the best chance to get out of the Region 7 vs. 8 bracket. Tell me this, how do you stop them offensively? Despite all their points last year, they did have trouble scoring against good teams. Not this year, aside from the Peabody game when they only ran 12 times. They've got a near-2000 yard passer and a 1000 rusher, and they've owned their opponents in the 2nd half. In games against Dresden, Huntingdon, Bruceton, Union City, and Lake County, they outscored them 103-22 in the last two quarters. 103-22. There's a reason for that.

I can point out weaknesses on JCS. I'm hard-pressed to do the same for McKenzie. Taking nothing away from the Eagles, but they lost a lot of key players from last year's team.

Well apparently Boredguy, you've spent alot of time viewing these teams. i can't think of anything to add to ur post except thank-you for ur insight on 8a. We are real proud of our team as u r of yours. good Luck to all teams and this thing will be over all too quick now. PLZ no injuries and everybody play hard. :lol:

Let's bring this thread back on topic and discuss playoff brackets and games.

I see 8-1A finishing this way.

1 Fayette Acadamy

2 Jackson Christian School

3 Trinity Christian Acadamy

4 Memphis Manassas

I see 7-1A finishing this way.

1 McKinzie

2 Bruceton

3 Union City

4 Lake County

I see 8-1A taking 3 of 4 first round games vs 7-1A.

Well, I guess picking 7 of the 8 seeding positions correctly is not too bad now is it? Now who all was it that completely disagreed with me on my picks again? :ph34r:

Have you seen any of 7a teams play. I see Mckenzie beating Manassas, I see Lake County as no.2 beating no. 3 JCS. I see no3 Bruceton losing to Fayette Academy and No4 Unioncity losing to TCA so an even split.

I'd have my eyes re-examined if I were you there Butchie. I "see" that none of your above predictions will come true. :lol::ph34r:

Sorry, I could not resist!

I'd have my eyes re-examined if I were you there Butchie. I "see" that none of your above predictions will come true. :):lol:

Sorry, I could not resist!

Butchie..We had about 5 chances to score tonight against Bruceton and kept shooting ourselves in the foot with a fumble ,lining up off sides..holding..After seeing Bruceton and Lake Co tonight..I believe TCA will beat Bruceton by two touchdowns and Fayette Academy will beat us by two touchdowns..The only team I see our district winning is your Rebels..I hate to say I don't think my team will win but this team is underachieving!

Butchie..We had about 5 chances to score tonight against Bruceton and kept shooting ourselves in the foot with a fumble ,lining up off sides..holding..After seeing Bruceton and Lake Co tonight..I believe TCA will beat Bruceton by two touchdowns and Fayette Academy will beat us by two touchdowns..The only team I see our district winning is your Rebels..I hate to say I don't think my team will win but this team is underachieving!

mrbigster,

I watched ya'lls score as best I could in the rain at Gleason tonight and sure am surprised at ya'lls outcome. "Underacheiving" is very likely the best assesment of what ya'lls team is doing. It seems like to me that when ya'll lost to UC and then things went bad quickly against us something just plain left the competitors on the Falcon team. It happened to us last year at JCS and you were there and saw it for yourself. We hit the wall at JCS.

If we go to the show, you got a ride. I ya'll go to the show I want a ride!!!!!!! From here on out it's a Region 7A thang!!!!

First round play-off match-ups for 7-1A vs. 8-1A

8-4 Halls at 7-1 McKinzie

7-3 Union City at 8-2 Jackson Christian School

8-3 Trinity Christian Acadamy at 7-2 Bruceton

7-4 Lake County at 8-1 Fayette Acadamy

Region 8A takes 3 of 4 first round match-ups versus 7A. McKinzie will be the only 7A school to win in the first round. IMHO