David Lipscomb at Marshall County

vandy1

No Noise from either side this week. Peter Powell's Lipscomb Game Day Notes featuring the Lipscomb game with Marshall County will soon be posted on the Mustangfanpage. Stay Tuned. Until then you may continue to watch the Test Pattern on your TV or watch the paint dry or continue breaking beans on the couch, or wait for the cattle to come in, or to watch the water boil, or watch the leaves change colors, or wait for the 7 year locust to return.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been very quiet in L'burg on this weeks game not to mention on here. Could this be the quiet before the storm?

Just wanted to mention that the Quarter Back Club is hosting a fish fry Friday night. The hours are 5:00p.m. to 7:00p.m. Tickets are $10.00 includes meal, drink and dessert. They hope to have a big turn out. :thumb:

David Lipscomb is a great all around football team after the last two weeks. Their defense is starting to resemble the one from last year that just shutdown every team that they played all the way up until the Blue Cross Bowl. Offensively they are a juggernaut. Matt Elrod, Jeremy Holt, Kevin Davis, & Russ Moneypenny can all take it the distance from anywhere on the field. I'll go ahead and alert anyone in the state right now that Lipscomb is going to run the trap, run the belly, run the buck sweep, and run the spring draw. YOU STILL WON'T STOP THEM FROM SCORING UNLESS YOU HAVE THE KIND OF PLAYERS TO DEFEND THEM LIKE GOODPASTURE (or like a team they wouldn't see until the quarterfinals, semifinals, and state title game). The Mustangs would then continue to run their same stuff and probably be successful. I don't care if they are playing Jackson South Side, Crockett Co., Covington, Dyersburg, Fulton, Knoxville Catholic, Austin East, Station Camp, White House, or Pearl-Cohn. Coach Mac has them rolling right now and it's going to take an awfully good team to beat them. Did I mention that DL returns a lot of the same kids that came up just short of a state title last year???? If that doesn't place a huge chip on these guys shoudlers I don't know what does.

Now that I'm finished there I'll talk briefly about this game:

Marshall Co. got a much needed win in their last game at Montgomery Central to stay alive in the playoff race. They still have weapons like Cavalla O'Neal, Justin Braden, and of course Donta Hightower that will pose serious threats for the Mustangs defense. I believe Marshall Co. will score some in this game, as was noted in the thread titled "Region 5-3A", HOWEVER what I do not see is them stopping Lipscomb from scoring. Even the homefield advantage of playing in Lewisburg won't help them out in that aspect of the game. THE DAVID LIPSCOMB MUSTANGS WIN THIS GAME AND TAKE HOME THEIR SECOND CONSECUTIVE REGION 5-3A CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!

Come on Big Country, did you have to go & tell us the ending on here ?

That spoils it for those of us who wanted to go watch the game in person !

Guess now, I'll just wait until it comes out on DVD & go watch some other

movie on Friday night.

By the way, I am planning on going to Giles County so be a friend &

don't tip off the ending to that one. Please ??

No Noise from either side this week. Peter Powell's Lipscomb Game Day Notes featuring the Lipscomb game with Marshall County will soon be posted on the Mustangfanpage. Stay Tuned. Until then you may continue to watch the Test Pattern on your TV or watch the paint dry or continue breaking beans on the couch, or wait for the cattle to come in, or to watch the water boil, or watch the leaves change colors, or wait for the 7 year locust to return.

It is quiet because this game is just a forgone conclusion to almost everyone. Good luck to Marshall Co. Play hard, limit mistakes, and you never know what crazy stuff may happen!

movie on Friday night.

The Giles County game ought to be a heck of a show. I agree though with Gower out i don't think Marshall County from what i've heard has a team that can upset against the well rounded Lipscomb bunch. You never know but i'm saying that it's HIGHLY unlikely.

movie on Friday night.

The Giles County game ought to be a heck of a show. I agree though with Gower out i don't think Marshall County from what i've heard has a team that can upset against the well rounded Lipscomb bunch. You never know but i'm saying that it's HIGHLY unlikely.

Quiet indeed. Mustang Nation is on razors edge to see what odd thing will happen this year (besides Barney in the parking lot).

Enjoy the game, but more importantly enjoy the fish (you know us in the radio crew will!).

BTW, Marshall County fans, if a guy named Billy shows up (gray hair and bit on the cushy side) he eats for free.

Quiet indeed. Mustang Nation is on razors edge to see what odd thing will happen this year (besides Barney in the parking lot).

Enjoy the game, but more importantly enjoy the fish (you know us in the radio crew will!).

BTW, Marshall County fans, if a guy named Billy shows up (gray hair and bit on the cushy side) he eats for free.

Bayron just a heads up.

Our scoreboard clock is on the blink. I think the high winds got it

Monday. Anyway, there is a better than even chance that the clock

will be run either manually or by a stopwatch.

Bayron just a heads up.

Our scoreboard clock is on the blink. I think the high winds got it

Monday. Anyway, there is a better than even chance that the clock

will be run either manually or by a stopwatch.

Thats a Scary Thought!

As we await Peter Powell's Game Day Notes, please enjoy the following:

This copied from the Mustangfanpage Message Board of some of the unusual things that have happened at the Lipscomb-Marshall County Game. If you don't understand or get what actually is referenced, just know there is a long story with each entry.

1. When Time Stood Still

2. When Time just disappeared.

3. The Convenient Scoreboard

4. Phantom Penalities

5. The Fish Fry

6. Barney, The Security Parking Guy

7. "Welcome to the Jungle"

8. The Train Horn

9. The Big Snub

10. Delay of game penalty against the Marshall County Band to start a game.

11. The trick plays

12. The 7:00 start vs. The 7:30 kickoff. Not sure of actual gametime until you get there.

13. Do overs

14. P for K

There may be others.

It's official, clock will be kept by two former referees ( both from Lewisburg)

on a Timex stopwatch in the upper level of the pressbox. To oversee the

process & make sure there are no shenigans, a member of the Lipscomb

radio crew will be invited to observe. You all get to choose among yourselves.

As far as all that other stuff, hey, that's what makes high school football

the great sport it is.

By the way, kickoff is set for 7:00 and our coach will have us on the field in

plenty of time.

Oh yeah, what's the big snub? Haven't heard that one before.