BLOWOUT GAMES

GoingInsane

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this truth will start something, but Alcoa had starters in the game most of the third qtr. Before you pounce on me, check the box score. Running up the score on any team is un-classly.

Gosh, I didn't realize you went to OS when Murvul was playing at Halls. If you had, you would've seen our so-called "playmakers" (I hate that term) in sweats after halftime. You would've seen a mix of O-line out there to give the younger boys protection so they could gain experience. You would've known that Rankin told some of the boys (again, our "playmakers") to go ahead and put on sweats because they were done for the night. You would've seen every kid on the bench out there playing, giving it their all. If you were familiar with the kids from Alcoa, you'd know that some of the 1st string offense also plays 2nd string defense, and vice versa.

According to "The Daily Times":

"Very few of the Tornadoes' starters saw action in the second half, but that had little effect on the scoring. Backup quarterback Robert Frye rolled out and found Andrew Mitchell from the 17-yard line on Alcoa's first drive after the break.

Jeff Dearmond did the last bit of damage, scoring on a 10-yard run to make it 62-0 before the Tornadoes emptied their bench of any subs."

Those names sound familiar??? That's because they're not our starters. Mitchell and Dearmond are names you may want to remember, though. Along with Cline and Toney (just to name a couple more).

Rankin is a first-class, quality coach. Would GQ have put in his 2nd string before the half was over, 2 games before the playoffs???? I doubt it, and we all know he's a quality, classy coach.

Rankin could've had the 2nd string start, and we still would've won by a large margin. Unfortunately, OS is going through some rough times, and, right now, they're just that bad.

So, Mr. FBEmeritus, you may want to check all of the facts before you go running off at the mouth about something you don't know a lot about. If you knew it was going to start something, why did you say it??? Maybe you didn't notice this forum is 1-3A, and not 4A. I don't believe you have a dog in this fight. You may want to start your own thread on the 4A forum. I know, I know, you're "concerned" about all BC teams (yeah, right!).

Back to the subject: It's unfortunate that there are one-sided scores, but teams have to play each other in their region. Those games aren't very fun to watch, but it is exciting to watch the future of your school's football program out there on the field. I would certainly hope that no coach would purposely run up the score, but I also understand that this happens because the teams are so unmatched.

I completely agree with duckman:

"Simply put, you can't tell the younger kids to go out there and choke!!!!!! They want to do well as much as anyone else. And, they have worked just as hard for their chance to play."

Edited by tornadogold

Gosh, I didn't realize you went to OS when Murvul was playing at Halls. If you had, you would've seen our so-called "playmakers" (I hate that term) in sweats after halftime. You would've seen a mix of O-line out there to give the younger boys protection so they could gain experience. You would've known that Rankin told some of the boys (again, our "playmakers") to go ahead and put on sweats because they were done for the night. You would've seen every kid on the bench out there playing, giving it their all. If you were familiar with the kids from Alcoa, you'd know that some of the 1st string offense also plays 2nd string defense, and vice versa.

According to "The Daily Times":

"Very few of the Tornadoes' starters saw action in the second half, but that had little effect on the scoring. Backup quarterback Robert Frye rolled out and found Andrew Mitchell from the 17-yard line on Alcoa's first drive after the break.

Jeff Dearmond did the last bit of damage, scoring on a 10-yard run to make it 62-0 before the Tornadoes emptied their bench of any subs."

Those names sound familiar??? That's because they're not our starters. Mitchell and Dearmond are names you may want to remember, though. Along with Cline and Toney (just to name a couple more).

Rankin is a first-class, quality coach. Would GQ have put in his 2nd string before the half was over, 2 games before the playoffs???? I doubt it, and we all know he's a quality, classy coach.

Rankin could've had the 2nd string start, and we still would've won by a large margin. Unfortunately, OS is going through some rough times, and, right now, they're just that bad.

So, Mr. FBEmeritus, you may want to check all of the facts before you go running off at the mouth about something you don't know a lot about. If you knew it was going to start something, why did you say it??? Maybe you didn't notice this forum is 1-3A, and not 4A. I don't believe you have a dog in this fight. You may want to start your own thread on the 4A forum. I know, I know, you're "concerned" about all BC teams (yeah, right!).

Back to the subject: It's unfortunate that there are one-sided scores, but teams have to play each other in their region. Those games aren't very fun to watch, but it is exciting to watch the future of your school's football program out there on the field. I would certainly hope that no coach would purposely run up the score, but I also understand that this happens because the teams are so unmatched.

I completely agree with duckman:

"Simply put, you can't tell the younger kids to go out there and choke!!!!!! They want to do well as much as anyone else. And, they have worked just as hard for their chance to play."

I think he was referring to last years Gatlinburg - Pittman game. You know how he is. Always looking to put down Alcoa and twisting the truth to suit his needs. :thumb:

Duck,

From what I saw of the Johnson kid tonight, we are set at running back for the next 3 years!

You are right, you dont tell a kid not to score. And I think Coach Comer did a classy job in the play calling. I have know of some coaches who would use blow out games to work on "new plays" to see how they worked.

My vote is with this one too V&T1! In the second qtr. McKenzie was playing b-teamers and the entire second half was played by our young players. South Fulton is working on some serious problems and shows promise for the future but, tonight was a hammerin'!!!!!

Simply put, you can't tell the younger kids to go out there and choke!!!!!! They want to do well as much as anyone else. And, they have worked just as hard for their chance to play.

IF ITS A BLOWOUT IN THE 1ST HALF, THEN PUT IN YOU'RE 2ND AND 3RD STRING IN THE 2ND HALF. WORK ON YOUR YOUNG QB'S PASSING EARLY TO GET THEM SOME CONFIDENCE IN THEIR ABILITY AND RUN THE BALL UP THE GUT LATE. BY NO MEANS DO YOU EVER TELL YOUR TEAM TO QUIT PLAYING FOOTBALL. I DON'T CARE IF IT'S 150-0 BECAUSE THE LOSING TEAM IS NOT GOIN TO QUIT PLAYING TIL THE CLOCK RUNS OUT IN THE 4TH. I THINK PENALIZING A COACH IS STUPID AND CALLING A GAME BEFORE IT'S OVER IS STUPID. YOU'RE DOING NOTHING BUT PENALIZING A BUNCH OF KIDS(WIN OR LOSE) WHO JUST WANT TO PLAY FOOTBALL.

I think he was referring to last years Gatlinburg - Pittman game. You know how he is. Always looking to put down Alcoa and twisting the truth to suit his needs. :D

Oops! My bad! I went back and re-read...guess you're right.

Anyway, time to quit living in the past, FBEmeritus...

different year, different team, different coach.

Maybe just jealous Murvul couldn't put up that many on an opponent without trying in the playoffs.

IF ITS A BLOWOUT IN THE 1ST HALF, THEN PUT IN YOU'RE 2ND AND 3RD STRING IN THE 2ND HALF. WORK ON YOUR YOUNG QB'S PASSING EARLY TO GET THEM SOME CONFIDENCE IN THEIR ABILITY AND RUN THE BALL UP THE GUT LATE. BY NO MEANS DO YOU EVER TELL YOUR TEAM TO QUIT PLAYING FOOTBALL. I DON'T CARE IF IT'S 150-0 BECAUSE THE LOSING TEAM IS NOT GOIN TO QUIT PLAYING TIL THE CLOCK RUNS OUT IN THE 4TH. I THINK PENALIZING A COACH IS STUPID AND CALLING A GAME BEFORE IT'S OVER IS STUPID. YOU'RE DOING NOTHING BUT PENALIZING A BUNCH OF KIDS(WIN OR LOSE) WHO JUST WANT TO PLAY FOOTBALL.

I agree wholehearted on that one, You put them in and you let them play as hard as they can cause that is how they get experience and hopefully when it is their turn to be in the starting position they earned they will be good enough to do they same thing for their back up guys.. Do whatever try out trick plays or new things that you want to see how it looks.. Don't keep the first strings in to intentionally run it up.

This is the first time I ever heard of this one but the opposing team coach spoke to our coach and they agreed to shorten the quarters to 8 mins for the second half of the game. We took our entire first string out in the beginning of the second quarter and let second, third and even end of the bench reserve guys play the rest of the game. they did score on our third string so it ended up 49-12 Camden over Riverside. we have won some games 45-3 54-6 48-7 48-0 44-6 41-9 and only two teams have scored on our fisrt string.. but we got LEWIS co. this coming friday and that one will be a showdown..