What happened to Meigs?

Coach J

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meigs with it's first loss to Sweetwater?

no excuses sweetwater made the plays when they had to ---and meigs didnt--i thought it was devastating for meigs to get the touchdown called back on their opening drive--seemed like the wind went right out of them after that. sweetwater is not a bad football team and will make some noise in the playoffs--meigs kids keep your heads up and go back to work.--not to say i told you so but i predicted this earlier in the week on another thread ---meigs could not play over their heads 3 games in a row

no excuses sweetwater made the plays when they had to ---and meigs didnt--i thought it was devastating for meigs to get the touchdown called back on their opening drive--seemed like the wind went right out of them after that. sweetwater is not a bad football team and will make some noise in the playoffs--meigs kids keep your heads up and go back to work.--not to say i told you so but i predicted this earlier in the week on another thread ---meigs could not play over their heads 3 games in a row

OVERRATED & PLAYING IN A REGION THAT'S REALLY NOT AS GOOD AS SOME MAY THINK :justwrestle:

There is the only correct answer to this question :lol:

I do not think we have been overrated

Sweetwater is a good team and I am not taking away from their win but

The first touchdown came in the first few minutes of the game

and the last came with only a few minutes left

What happen in between was each team kept the other from scoring

We kept them from scoring at least twice inside the 10

The defense was good but we just could not get on the score board

Their defense was also good

So do not say we are overrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are five good teams in this region

Keep up the good work Tigers

The fans are behind you all the way

OVERRATED & PLAYING IN A REGION THAT'S REALLY NOT AS GOOD AS SOME MAY THINK :thumb:

There is the only correct answer to this question :thumb:

Are u kidding me?? meigs is clearly better then sweetwater...sweetwater just out played them...MEIGS BEAT THERE SELFS...a region that is not as good as everyone thinks??? WhAT??? are u kiddin how can you say that with teams like ND,Polk,East Ridge not to mention having 9 teams in one region meaning u play 8 out of the 10 region games a year...And this region is not as good as eveyone thinks???so come on think b4 u type

OVERRATED & PLAYING IN A REGION THAT'S REALLY NOT AS GOOD AS SOME MAY THINK :D

There is the only correct answer to this question :D

Meigs plays in a very competitive region. None of the teams are state powers but the top teams are all pretty even. If you think any of these teams are overrated then sleep on em in the playoffs and look ahead to the next week. Meigs played flat and Sweetwater is a good team. Refs had a small role in it but they always do in one way or another. Good thing for Meigs they got their bad game out of the way befor the playoffs and in a non region game.

Meigs was not Meigs friday night against sweetwater. After getting the touchdown called back, they just fell apart on offense. It was mostly a defensive battle all game. Usually when Meigs is in a tight game at the half, they usually come out third quarter ready to go. Normally if an opponent shuts out meigs running game in the first half, meigs tb comes out third quarter ready to make his own holes if the lines not doin it. He did not do this friday. Sweetwater is a decent team. Meigs is the better team, sweetwater just played better. And you will see in playoffs if meigs is overrated when they smash u in the mouth. As far as polk, It wouldnt suprise me if them or howard(whoever finishes fourth) doont knock off station camp in first round.

3-3a is just as tough as 4-3a

And I am ASSUMING that means that region 4 has 7 awfully good teams in it ??......

There are five teams (at least) in Region 4 that would be playoff teams in Region 3. That was proven in the first round last year when 4-3A took 3 out of 4. Notre Dame was the best overall team in both regions last year because they put out both PC & WH. This year's Meigs Co. team does not even compare to last year's ND team. Station Camp is every bit as good as WH was last year. PC & WH are as good as they are every year. Sycamore is a very solid football team that could very easily be region champs if a few things go differently against both Station Camp & Pearl-Cohn. Finally there's Macon Co. The Tigers might turn out to be the best non-playoff team in all of 3A last year because of how tough the region is. I'll call them this year's Anderson Co. (who was a good football team last year that just missed out on making the playoffs behind another very good #4 seed in Livingston Academy). All LA did was win it all last year :thumb:

Are u kidding me?? meigs is clearly better then sweetwater...sweetwater just out played them...MEIGS BEAT THERE SELFS...a region that is not as good as everyone thinks??? WhAT??? are u kiddin how can you say that with teams like ND,Polk,East Ridge not to mention having 9 teams in one region meaning u play 8 out of the 10 region games a year...And this region is not as good as eveyone thinks???so come on think b4 u type

Okay??? your point??? Those teams are weak. Like I have said before Meigs will be very very lucky to make it out second round. The point is if you're gonna be a undefeated team you gotta play like it.