Warren Co vs. Coffee Co

bigfish1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coffee County dominated the game tonight. They capitalized on 3 fumbles(1 inside the 5) and a interception. Warren Co. dropped a touchdown early. After that play straight down hill. Congrats Coffee. Warren Co. will never be a consistent winner making that many mistakes against quality teams. I thought we were a better team than that. I guess I was wrong.

Coffee County dominated....28-0 until a late fumble return by Warren County during garbage time! CC dominated from start to finish

Wow I really missed this one. I thought WC would have played a much closer game. I don't think I've ever seem them so flat. Coffee Co played a very good game...very few mistakes made by the Red Raiders. They did exactly what everybody saif they would do....use their speed to their advantage and try to stuff the WC offense from running up the middle. They didn't really need much of a pass defense ... WC couldn't connect when they really needed to. WC was full of mistakes tonight.

CC took the opening kickoff and made a very nice drive and took about 6 minutes or so off the clock and went up 7-0. WC came back with a decent drive but bogged down somewhere around the CC 35. The first quarter was over by 7:13 pm. WC's defense started playing much better and it seemed the momentum was shifting to WC. But WC couldn't completely capitalize on their oportunities due to WC's ...dropped passes....fumbles... etc etc. WC even blocked a punt (Morgan Wilcher) around the CC 20 but could do no more than fall back and miss a long FG attempt.

The last possession of CC when CC scored just before the half was the spirit breaker. It looked like the score would be 7-0 at the half but CC made a real nice and fast drive and scored from about 30 yards out with 3 seconds left. (More on that pass later).

The third quarter was a different game...as Mr Pedo said..CC dominated. WC could do no right and CC could do no wrong. CC get two more scores in the third. The second drive only took two plays...scoring on a long TD pass. Other than that the WC team keep CC from making much progress for the rest of the night but WC was so far down that the desperate passing plays would no longer work. Glad to see Mr Shane Wilcher scoop up a fumble a run it in from about 50 yards out to keep it from being a shut-out.

About the pass before the half....I'm thinking the QB and two or three linemen were beyond the line of scrimage when it was thrown for the TD. I don't think officials like to throw flags when it raining...make the game last too long.

Congrats to CC :) and go and see if you can make region 3 look a little better next week.

Wow I really missed this one. I thought WC would have played a much closer game. I don't think I've ever seem them so flat. Coffee Co played a very good game...very few mistakes made by the Red Raiders. They did exactly what everybody saif they would do....use their speed to their advantage and try to stuff the WC offense from running up the middle. They didn't really need much of a pass defense ... WC couldn't connect when they really needed to. WC was full of mistakes tonight.

CC took the opening kickoff and made a very nice drive and took about 6 minutes or so off the clock and went up 7-0. WC came back with a decent drive but bogged down somewhere around the CC 35. The first quarter was over by 7:13 pm. WC's defense started playing much better and it seemed the momentum was shifting to WC. But WC couldn't completely capitalize on their oportunities due to WC's ...dropped passes....fumbles... etc etc. WC even blocked a punt (Morgan Wilcher) around the CC 20 but could do no more than fall back and miss a long FG attempt.

The last possession of CC when CC scored just before the half was the spirit breaker. It looked like the score would be 7-0 at the half but CC made a real nice and fast drive and scored from about 30 yards out with 3 seconds left. (More on that pass later).

The third quarter was a different game...as Mr Pedo said..CC dominated. WC could do no right and CC could do no wrong. CC get two more scores in the third. The second drive only took two plays...scoring on a long TD pass. Other than that the WC team keep CC from making much progress for the rest of the night but WC was so far down that the desperate passing plays would no longer work. Glad to see Mr Shane Wilcher scoop up a fumble a run it in from about 50 yards out to keep it from being a shut-out.

About the pass before the half....I'm thinking the QB and two or three linemen were beyond the line of scrimage when it was thrown for the TD. I don't think officials like to throw flags when it raining...make the game last too long.

Congrats to CC :) and go and see if you can make region 3 look a little better next week.

Good game recap.......and no he was not past the line of scrimmage....I don't know about lineman down field but Graham was not....I had thought that as he threw it but I took a look at the chains and where his foot was....he had about a half a foot to spare lol!

Good game recap.......and no he was not past the line of scrimmage....I don't know about lineman down field but Graham was not....I had thought that as he threw it but I took a look at the chains and where his foot was....he had about a half a foot to spare lol!

Maybe that's one of those that always looks like it past the line to the defense but looks like its close but not over the line to the offense. :) It was a really good throw anyway.

Maybe that's one of those that always looks like it past the line to the defense but looks like its close but not over the line to the offense. :justwrestle: It was a really good throw anyway.

It was a great throw.....Graham didn't have his best night especially with short passes, I would say the wet ball had something to do with that. But on the longer passes he was money!