Boone vs Morristown East

BIGR35

It will be important for East to stick with a Head Coach. I hope Hatcher is the guy they have been looking for, he is a good guy. I personaly love the Wing-T, I ran it in high school and college. But in my op when you get deep in to the playoffs you have to be balanced to compete. You can not win State with 0 pass completions, can you?

Anyway, Friday can not get here soon enough I am stoked about a good football game coming our way. This will be our last week butting heads, I'll be pulling for the whole region once post season gets here..

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's very difficult, if not impossible, to forecast how 11 and 12 year old talent will turn out at 16, 17 and 18 years of age. Growth, maturity levels, the ability to learn much more complicated high school Os and Ds, disipline and coaching input are some major variables.

You are right, the youth league has changed in a drastic way over the last few years. Many coaches that had dominating teams are not coaching now and I understand the participation overall is way down. Hopefully this will change and the league will get back to feeding our middle schools potential high school players.

The league just changed hands and I think lowered the fee. I know that the Bean station team and rutledge team left to go to another conference but you are right, the coaching is down. I think the league(MYSA) is heading in a good direction but it will just take time. When I coached, the rivalry was the Cowboys vs. Steelers and it is so good to see those guys playing together and becoming friends. I also think it would be good to run the varsity offense at the middle school level or at least use the same terminology.

The league just changed hands and I think lowered the fee. I know that the Bean station team and rutledge team left to go to another conference but you are right, the coaching is down. I think the league(MYSA) is heading in a good direction but it will just take time. When I coached, the rivalry was the Cowboys vs. Steelers and it is so good to see those guys playing together and becoming friends. I also think it would be good to run the varsity offense at the middle school level or at least use the same terminology.

It would be great to have varsity influence at the middle school level, which is what happens in Blount county, but you have to have the right coaching staffs in place in the middle schools to carry out the plan.

BTW, I spent several years with the old HCRFA/LYFA so I am sure we've met before.

It would be great to have varsity influence at the middle school level, which is what happens in Blount county, but you have to have the right coaching staffs in place in the middle schools to carry out the plan.

BTW, I spent several years with the old HCRFA/LYFA so I am sure we've met before.

Who did you coach and when? Just curious.