smyrna vs lebanon

82cat

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're absolutely right. This game has huge implications.

Don't overlook Lebanon...they are playing very good football right now.

My early pick is Smyrna due to Lebanon's tendancy to try and run right up the middle most of the time. Smyrna is very strong right in the middle.

Don't know much about Lebanon's pass defense but they can defense the run pretty darn good.

This should be a great game.

I'm not sure where you got your, Smyrna is very strong up the middle. Riverdale had no trouble pounding it through the middle along with many other teams in the region. Smyran is not good on the defensive line and their LB are not aggresive. Gaines could have HAY DAY. I think Smyrna by 13. Sonny Grey is too good for that Lebanon D. Lebanon's defensive line has not recorded many sacks and will need to get to Sonny to have a chance at this game.

Lebanon is known to run the full house sweep, and has created more counter plays to the outside. They are still very much up the gut team, but should be fine in doing so against Smyrna.

Smyrna 27 Lebanon 14

Game MVP's Sonny Grey and # TWENNTTYYY SEVVENNNN

I'm not sure where you got your, Smyrna is very strong up the middle. Riverdale had no trouble pounding it through the middle along with many other teams in the region. Smyran is not good on the defensive line and their LB are not aggresive. Gaines could have HAY DAY. I think Smyrna by 13. Sonny Grey is too good for that Lebanon D. Lebanon's defensive line has not recorded many sacks and will need to get to Sonny to have a chance at this game.

Lebanon is known to run the full house sweep, and has created more counter plays to the outside. They are still very much up the gut team, but should be fine in doing so against Smyrna.

Smyrna 27 Lebanon 14

Game MVP's Sonny Grey and # TWENNTTYYY SEVVENNNN

i don't know where u got your info from. riverdale got about 8 yards total up the middle. granted they probably only tried about 6 times, but all of their yards came outside of the tackles. smyrna is pretty tough in the middle. they just struggle on the edge.

To win this one Smyrna MUST bring its A game. Lebanon is playing better than I have seen them play in the last 4 years.

Right now I 'think' Lebanon has the edge as Smyrna seems to have dropped off with its intensity the last couple of weeks.

Not downing Smyrna, just my observations overall. Being a Smyrna grad I am pulling for Smyrna, but Lebanon HAS to be taken very seriously.

I agree with you. Some people were saying that Smyrna hadn't played their best game yet (before Ravenwood loss) and after they beat Blackman, they haven't performed their best on offense. They've only scored over 30 once in the last 4 games and this is a team that should be averaging 35 to 40 a game. They have fallen off dramatically from the first 5 games on offense.

I think Smyrna will pull off the win Friday. It will be a tough game but the score won't indicate it. Either it will look closer than it was because Lebanon makes a comeback in the second half or Smyrna pulls away in the second half to make the game look not so close. I don't think this game will be decided in the final minutes.

I agree with you. Some people were saying that Smyrna hadn't played their best game yet (before Ravenwood loss) and after they beat Blackman, they haven't performed their best on offense. They've only scored over 30 once in the last 4 games and this is a team that should be averaging 35 to 40 a game. They have fallen off dramatically from the first 5 games on offense.

I think Smyrna will pull off the win Friday. It will be a tough game but the score won't indicate it. Either it will look closer than it was because Lebanon makes a comeback in the second half or Smyrna pulls away in the second half to make the game look not so close. I don't think this game will be decided in the final minutes.

One thing everyone is missing here is

Smyrna's first of the year schedule was against very poor or barely average teams

Lavergne - average now bad then

brentwood - very young are now much improved but at the time not very good

columbia - no explanation needed

wc - no offense

blackman - came out hot but after going up 21 to 14 were outscored 40 to 13 and as their record shows they are a very bad team

so Although I agree Smyrna was playing much better early and needs to get back to that level certainly the competiton has also had a lot to do with it.

The competition has certainly been much higher the last part of the season

especially on defense with teams like Ravenwood,Riverdale and Oakland

I expect it will continue to be tough again this friday against Lebanon

Thing that hurts BOTH teams is the fact that they BOTH play so many both ways. This comes into play especially in the second half when they are both tired. This game may be determined by who actually has the deepest bench of players that can actually play.

Folks can say this doesn't matter, but have you noticed that it is in the SECOND half when R'dale pulls away from the compitition? It happens because they always have fresh linemen ready to go in. They are also helped in the fact that they play two squad football and especially the linemen.