smyrna vs lebanon

82cat

Not suprised by this game. I picked Lebanon in pre season to be in the playoffs

( I also picked wc but lets don't harp on that)

This game is huge for a lot of reasons

1. Guaranteed at least one home play off game and could easily be 2 If lavergne wins ( thats right lavergne folks there is a scenrio where lavergne would come right back to smyrna in the second round)

2.Momentum don't want to go into playoffs with a loss

3. Get to play either warren county or coffee county at home instead of traveling to lincoln county

4. If you win this game it set you up to have the possibiltiy to go to riverdale the 3rd round instead of the second round.

Shouldn't be any reason not to be sky high to play this one a lot is at stake.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're absolutely right. This game has huge implications.

Don't overlook Lebanon...they are playing very good football right now.

My early pick is Smyrna due to Lebanon's tendancy to try and run right up the middle most of the time. Smyrna is very strong right in the middle.

Don't know much about Lebanon's pass defense but they can defense the run pretty darn good.

This should be a great game.

To win this one Smyrna MUST bring its A game. Lebanon is playing better than I have seen them play in the last 4 years.

Right now I 'think' Lebanon has the edge as Smyrna seems to have dropped off with its intensity the last couple of weeks.

Not downing Smyrna, just my observations overall. Being a Smyrna grad I am pulling for Smyrna, but Lebanon HAS to be taken very seriously.

To win this one Smyrna MUST bring its A game. Lebanon is playing better than I have seen them play in the last 4 years.

Right now I 'think' Lebanon has the edge as Smyrna seems to have dropped off with its intensity the last couple of weeks.

Not downing Smyrna, just my observations overall. Being a Smyrna grad I am pulling for Smyrna, but Lebanon HAS to be taken very seriously.

Lebanon is playing well. If the game was in Lebanon, I would go with the Blue Devils.

I also think that Smyrna has seemed to have fallen off. They have not produced very many points lately at all. Lebanon's Offense is pretty darn good and Smyrna's D isn't. Lebanon's D is good as well and I think they can stop Smyrna's O. They have the Secondary players that will trip you to save the TD.....so I hate to say it But I really think Lebanon has the edge right now. After all they took it from Smyrna in 04 when Smyrna seemed the easy favorite.