Montterey vs Watertown

handyy

If Watertown prepares for the "Bucs" of South Pittsburg they will be in big trouble. If they win they better prepare for the PIRATES :ph34r:

Shows how I keep up with SP. Got your signs made up yet? I do remember when Gv last visited there was signs from the interstate to the stadium. Good spirit down there. So who are you pulling for WT or MHS?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shows how I keep up with SP. Got your signs made up yet? I do remember when Gv last visited there was signs from the interstate to the stadium. Good spirit down there. So who are you pulling for WT or MHS?

Signs are up every week, even for away games. I Imagine there will be just a few more signs for a first round game :ph34r: . South Pittsburg lives for Pirate football!

Based on what I know I would rather start off with Watertown than Gordonsville just like Gordonsville would rather start with Lookout Valley. Doesn't mean Watertown will be an easy game just hopefully easier than playing Gordonsville. So I guess I'm pulling for Watertown.

I'm just happy to be playing at home :ph34r:

Signs are up every week, even for away games. I Imagine there will be just a few more signs for a first round game :ph34r: . South Pittsburg lives for Pirate football!

Based on what I know I would rather start off with Watertown than Gordonsville just like Gordonsville would rather start with Lookout Valley. Doesn't mean Watertown will be an easy game just hopefully easier than playing Gordonsville. So I guess I'm pulling for Watertown.

I'm just happy to be playing at home :ph34r:

Yeah, 10-4 on playing at home. GV would rather stay home also. You wont have the same type game as Lookout however. Them boys will play a physical game.

Yeah, 10-4 on playing at home. GV would rather stay home also. You wont have the same type game as Lookout however. Them boys will play a physical game.

Lookout has a tailback (Scruggs) that has really come on but they are a pretty young team and LV is an even smaller school than SP. I figured Watertown was a bunch of scrappers

LV was a young team last year. They only had three or four seniors, and I think only one was a factor and that was the fullback.

Personally, I normally wouldn't care who Gordonsville played in the first round, but this year I'd rather them play LV, only because the game is at home. I'm out of town that week, and I'd be hard pressed to get back from Ohio Friday and then go to South Pittsburgh.

Other than that I'd rather them play SP, because if GV's going anywhere, they'd have to go through them anyway.

So, in this game, I'm definitely rooting for Watertown and my friend Coach Gavin Webster.

He is a good coach and a great guy, and he definitely has WT going in the right direction.

However, Monterey is tough, and they are also well coached.

It seems to me, after seeing both teams, that they both play with more emotion than anything.

The winner will be the team who let's their emotion carry them the longest.

The team that its emotion runs out first will be the loser.

Go Purple Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, in my opinion, I think any playoff team in region 4 can beat SP.

I've not been impressed by their scores against some of the teams.

Other than that I'd rather them play SP, because if GV's going anywhere, they'd have to go through them anyway.

Also, in my opinion, I think any playoff team in region 4 can beat SP.

I've not been impressed by their scores against some of the teams.

We either play Gordonsville in round 1 (if Watertwn loses) or it would be round 3. I would like to think we both make it to round 3 but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. Some good football teams between here and there.

Some of Gordonsville's scores were not exactly stellar. Again, regular season scores will have absolutely nothing to do with how teams do in the playoffs

I just heard that Blaze Eaton (#44) isn't going to be able to play Friday. That might make it a little bit tougher for WT but I still say we'll pull it out. GO PURPLE TIGERS!!!

Thats not good news for WT or GV. Is it just a rolled ankle, or something more serious? Sometimes when a player is out an unsung hero will step up from out of the blue. Play the game of the year. You never know who may be waiting his chance on the sidelines. I think # 2 will still be more than MHS can handle. Montereys kicking team is the least I have seen this year in the region. So good field position after kick off will be a big factor. I hope #44 wasnt your kicker. I cant recall. Good luck Friday night. GV is pulling for you. :rolleyes:

Thats not good news for WT or GV. Is it just a rolled ankle, or something more serious? Sometimes when a player is out an unsung hero will step up from out of the blue. Play the game of the year. You never know who may be waiting his chance on the sidelines. I think # 2 will still be more than MHS can handle. Montereys kicking team is the least I have seen this year in the region. So good field position after kick off will be a big factor. I hope #44 wasnt your kicker. I cant recall. Good luck Friday night. GV is pulling for you. :lol:

I don't recall Blaze doing much against GV, but that doesn't mean he didn't do anything.

What kind of backup does WT have, they need a good lead blocker for Thompson to be successful.

I think Monterey has a better line, and that may where the game is won.

But, Go Watertown. :rolleyes:

I think we have a good chance to beat watertown it will be a tough hard fought ballgame though. they are a good team i think it will come down to whoever plays with the most emotion and heart for the seniors this game means alot i know it does to me..Its win or go home...Good luck to the boys in watertown........GO MONTEREY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

I think WT definately has the potential to win this game. Will they win? Who knows, I've given up trying to speculate how our boys will play. If they come out and play hard and play as a team like they are capable of, they should win, but if they play like they have some of the time this year, they will be in trouble. It sure would be a shame to beat TC and then not even make the playoffs. Could happen though! And yes, in WT we think it is a big deal to beat TC (down or not).Hope its a fair and injury-free game for everyone. Good luck Tigers YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! GO WATERTOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing like a little water in Watertown! The rain definitely adds a new dimension to this game. This game could come down to who makes one big play in the rain. Without Blaze (he's out for at least this week and probably next week) somebody has to step up...I have seen his #44 in on a lot of plays this year. It might be a bad night for Senior Night recognition, but it's gonna be a good night for Purple Tiger Football! Go TIGERS!!