south doyle vs halls

notright

I think that both Powell and Halls are in for some hard times the next season or two. As good as Maryville, Central, and West will be next season, the fight will be for 4th. Powell will lose everything on offense, and a lot on defense. I don't expect Powell to make the playoffs in 2007. Halls loses O'Kicker, but does return a lot of young starters. I'm still not sold on the talent of the offense, but again, they are young, and we won't know anything until next August.

I think next year will hurt Powell the most but you just don't know untill they play the games. The defense kept Powell strong in all games this year. The offense has been a little suspect.

I agree with you on Halls I'm not sold on the offense and they are up and down due to the play calling and the confidence factor by the coaching staff and the players ability to execute. I believe this year we protected our team way to much and didn't show against the powers of the region. But that was my impression only and not probably the consensus view. I will say four games in the win column was well deserved and the squad played well in all the wins and the loss on our annual heartbreaker to Powell.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think Powell will do alright.

YEs they are losing a lot, but the thing that helps Coach Lowe isnt going to have 1 or 2 players to depend on.

The past 5 or 6 years powell has underachieved cause they rely on 1 player way to much.

Next year they are going to have to play team football or nothing is going to happen and it could be ugly.

But ya never know someone from central may decide to get a transfer for no reason :(

I actually think Powell will do alright.

YEs they are losing a lot, but the thing that helps Coach Lowe isnt going to have 1 or 2 players to depend on.

The past 5 or 6 years powell has underachieved cause they rely on 1 player way to much.

Next year they are going to have to play team football or nothing is going to happen and it could be ugly.

But ya never know someone from central may decide to get a transfer for no reason :thumb:

Actually, thats a great point, Powell has had to rely on one, maybe 2 playmakers every year for the past 5 or 6 seasons; when it comes to beating the Maryville's and Central's, they can't win with that formula. It will be a nice change to see this team forced to play as a unit, rather than 10 guys and one playmaker.

Were are the cherokees? Give us some of your insights of this important end of year battle.

Is Provol onto something with the heated moonpies turning into smores. Will they be the food of choice for Red Devils all over Knox Co.,Tennessee and the World?

Will the newly crowned Homecoming babe be the spokesperson for this new food find and be plastered on billboards in the Halls community sharing the limelight with the got milk slogans only time will tell.

Wow it is getting late in the season. :o

Devils 17 Cherokees 14

powell fan is a blooming idiot. dogging a high school kid because he missed a field goal, are you sure it was his fault. have you watched film on it to see if maybe it was bad hold or snap? call lowe im sure he would let you watch film on it. you werent man enough to do it in high school so i doubt you are now. you didnt have to watch or practice anything to stand in the student section and complain about a sport you know nothing about.

I dont stand in the student section but thanks for asking.

Also go back through and read what your QB said to me, and you will see where im coming from. I have been nothing but respectful to Halls up till taht point. He know denies its him but there is proff thanks for your concern and have a good night.

You guys need to lay off Powellfan. Sure, he has dogged O'Kicker a lot, but you guys have worn this out and you have to admit a few things. O'Conner is one of the best kickers in Tennessee, and he had his one off-night against Powell, and in the worst way. All he had to do was make one kick, and it didn't happen. Like it or not, O'Conner was the Goat, after that game went final. I don't think Powellfan disrespects O'Conner, in fact I think he respects his talent a lot. I'm not saying that that gives him a reason to criticize, but when someone like that has an off night against your team, you can't help but think to yourself, 'Wow, I'm really glad he had a bad night against my team.' If the tables had been turned, and Powell sported a kicker that everyone was talking about, and he just happened to miss every one of his kicks in the Powell-Halls game, and only needed to make one, I think it's pretty safe to say that there are a lot of Halls fans out there that would be dogging the Powell kicker. It's simply a 2-way street. Whether people want it to happen in high school sports or not, these athletes are going to earn the 'goat' award once in awhile from someone. You can blame that on the overemphasis that we put on sports in general.

This same kind of thing happens in college football. It's the whole Monday morning QB syndrome.

Edited by osunut2

You guys need to lay off Powellfan. Sure, he has dogged O'Kicker a lot, but you have to admit a few things. O'Conner is one of the best kickers in Tennessee, and he had his one off night against Powell, and in the worst way. All he had to do was make one kick, and it didn't happen. Like it or not, O'Conner = Goat, after that game went final. I don't think Powellfan disrespects O'Conner, in fact I think he respects his talent a lot. I'm not saying that that gives him a reason to criticize, but when someone like that has an off night against your team, you can't help but think to yourself, 'Wow, I'm really glad he had a bad night against my team.' But if the tables had been turned, and Powell had a kicker that everyone was talking about, and he just happened to miss everyone of his kicks in the Powell-Halls game, and only had to make one to at least keep the game tied, I think it's pretty safe to say that there are a lot of Halls fans out there that would be dogging the Powell kicker. It's simply a 2-way street. Whether people want it to happen in high school sports or not, these athletes are going to earn the 'goat' award once in awhile from someone. You can blame that on the overemphasis that we put on sports in general.

Well..... props to Powell for blocking two field goals and the wind for making the ball sail wide right on the third. The PAT was the only real miss, and that does happen occasionally, even to college and pro kickers.

I've asked this before: just how does Powellfan KNOW FOR SURE that the poster he's so mad at really was our QB? At first he was positive it was a different player, and then someone from Halls said something about it being the QB and he latched onto that. The Halls guy then said it wasn't who he initially thought it was. The comment about the house was an expression of speech. Pf is the one who extrapolated that into a personal attack, which, by the way, I'd never condone. But again, IMO it wasn't a personal attack. Maybe I'm just not young enough to get mad at those kinds of things anymore due to my age and the corresponding lack of testosterone :lol: , but I'd say Pf needs to move on.

Edited by DiverCity