Haywood @ Crockett

crockett78

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the starters just sit the whole game. PA preaches that you do not take a day off, nor a week off. The team practices, prepares for, and plays Manassas just like they do Milan. So for him to let the starters sit, would be a huge surprise. I do expect him to get a lead and run the ball/clock to get the game over with.

Crockett78 - you are big on the defense of CC this year. They have been great. Did you happen to notice that we went to a 4-4 alignment on defense against Covington instead of the traditional CC 5-3? Shut down the Covington running game too!

So what do you guys think ..........pratt sits down the starters and risk a undefeated season or he plays them and risk injury?

This was actually the first thing on my mind on the way home from covington friday night. I think coach pratt will probably play it just like any other game: if we get a big lead he will pull the starters but i think the team and all of cavalier nation wants a third 10-0 regular season to go with '02 and '03, and our second team is likely not capable of delivering a victory over the still-formidable tomcats. It's a tough call to be sure though. Will be interested to see what happens.

I don't think the starters just sit the whole game. PA preaches that you do not take a day off, nor a week off. The team practices, prepares for, and plays Manassas just like they do Milan. So for him to let the starters sit, would be a huge surprise. I do expect him to get a lead and run the ball/clock to get the game over with.

Crockett78 - you are big on the defense of CC this year. They have been great. Did you happen to notice that we went to a 4-4 alignment on defense against Covington instead of the traditional CC 5-3? Shut down the Covington running game too!

yeah i did notice this and it didnt suprise me. i think that we could even run this 4-4 just as good as our 5-3 because our three down linemen are quick. Don White and Tyrell Spearman have great quickness and speed.We could just as easily move tyrell to an end and have white and bass in the interior and whiteside at the other end. This gives us another linebacker to help support coverage and run support. i figured pratt would pull out something like this to prove to some of the pass happy teams that we can defend the pass while containing the run. Pratt is giving other teams nightmares when it comes to tape to study with the no huddle, passing, running, defensive changes, etc! Thanks cavcav for givin the D a shoutout

This was actually the first thing on my mind on the way home from covington friday night. I think coach pratt will probably play it just like any other game: if we get a big lead he will pull the starters but i think the team and all of cavalier nation wants a third 10-0 regular season to go with '02 and '03, and our second team is likely not capable of delivering a victory over the still-formidable tomcats. It's a tough call to be sure though. Will be interested to see what happens.

Yes i figured this would be the case. Pratt never takes a game off.....he will start the starters and try for the big 10-0......hopefully we strike early and often and build a quick lead so we can get the starters outta there. The last thing we need is for a key player to go down.

What scares me slightly is the fact that Haywood NEEDS this win. They have been on one heck of a rally and have gotten themselves in a playoff situation. If they win the are insured a playoff steal.....if they lose then they have to rely on someone else to beat another team. Haywood will be fierce this matchup has worried me for weeks because of haywoods situation!

i hope you dont believe your post, crockett should win with no prob but to say your second team could beat haywood dont be silly, haywood has awsome athleats who any school would love to have, and loosing record and all they are still haywood and they are hungry. if you let haywood hang around they are dangerous. if crockett gets up big sure put the seconds in but dont be silly and risk letting haywood hang around or it will be a long night

cc 35

haywood 14 :thumb:

Yes i figured this would be the case. Pratt never takes a game off.....he will start the starters and try for the big 10-0......hopefully we strike early and often and build a quick lead so we can get the starters outta there. The last thing we need is for a key player to go down.

What scares me slightly is the fact that Haywood NEEDS this win. They have been on one heck of a rally and have gotten themselves in a playoff situation. If they win the are insured a playoff steal.....if they lose then they have to rely on someone else to beat another team. Haywood will be fierce this matchup has worried me for weeks because of haywoods situation!

haywood is in they have won head up over ripley and obion look at the facts before you post

Edited by trojanfan56

i hope you dont believe your post, crockett should win with no prob but to say your second team could beat haywood dont be silly, haywood has awsome athleats who any school would love to have, and loosing record and all they are still haywood and they are hungry. if you let haywood hang around they are dangerous. if crockett gets up big sure put the seconds in but dont be silly and risk letting haywood hang around or it will be a long night

cc 35

haywood 14 :thumb:

haywood is in they have won head up over ripley and obion look at the facts before you post

yeah my friend i have looked at the facts..........dyer county can still get in if they beat covington. i know its farfetched but yeah it could happen.They beat haywood.......i do look at my facts before i post them........maybe its you that needs to check the facts.

cc 35

haywood 14 :o

And you need to make sure you carefully read the posts you quote and bash. crockett56 said the 2nd could not beat Haywood.

Crockett Co. wins this one.

They are my favorite to make it to the boro out of the west bracket.

They are my pick also altho P.A. doesnt take any chances with Haywood the way they have been playing the past 3-4 weeks..Vastly improved and Very fast to the ball and Will put a helmet on you Bigtime and arent shooting theirselves in the foot==seems they found out they are in a better position to win games if they play under control without all the silly penalities they have been used to making and still win..they have some of the best athletes in the Region.. They are most certainly the team you dont want to play the Second time around..GO TROJANS