Battle of the state at lipscomb allen area

timbdp

you guys are rididulous, i'm wonderin how white house didn't impress you after beating haywood, then losing to the tourney champion by 3 in O.T. ( figure that one out) ;) also we missed a lay-up with 10 secs. left against lipscomb and could have beaten them. luckily we got the rebound and forced O.T. union city just straight pounded us, but we won't be the only ones in their path. but just go ahead and keep doubting, 10-4 now and we'll be in the boro :thumb:

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who got the MVP or did they have an all tournament team?

Congrats to Lipscomb on the win. Josh Slater was outstanding

and Prady hit some big shots in the second quarter and down the stretch.

Brandon Brown did his best to put BA on his shoulders but

it wasn't quite enough. Chris Besch hits some big shots for

BA and Bill Kottas showed some heart coming off the sick bed to

play this game. BA really will be looking forward to

getting Brian Wright back in the lineup.

you guys are rididulous, i'm wonderin how white house didn't impress you after beating haywood, then losing to the tourney champion by 3 in O.T. ( figure that one out) :blink: also we missed a lay-up with 10 secs. left against lipscomb and could have beaten them. luckily we got the rebound and forced O.T. union city just straight pounded us, but we won't be the only ones in their path. but just go ahead and keep doubting, 10-4 now and we'll be in the boro ;)

You could argue with me till you are blue in the face....White House did not impress me....I see three teams in the district Union City plays in that could and would beat the Blue Devils(A 1A district by the way)....Humboldt and Lake County would beat the Devils about as bad as Union City did today...I'm glad UC-WH got to play today,I wish it would have been in the championship game,but this game served it's purpose....102-76....Have a nice year and maybe you guys will make it to The Boro..I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas only if you weren't one of the ones booing the Union City players when they accepted their third place trophy...That showed a real lack of class....

you guys are rididulous, i'm wonderin how white house didn't impress you after beating haywood, then losing to the tourney champion by 3 in O.T. ( figure that one out) :blink: also we missed a lay-up with 10 secs. left against lipscomb and could have beaten them. luckily we got the rebound and forced O.T. union city just straight pounded us, but we won't be the only ones in their path. but just go ahead and keep doubting, 10-4 now and we'll be in the boro ;)

ACTUALLY WHEN WE MISSED THE LAYUP THEIR WAS 5 SECONDS LEFT IN REGULATION AND WE WERE DOWN 1 . WE GOT THE REBOUND AND WERE FOULED AND MADE 1 OF 2. THEN LIPSCOMB THRU THE BALL INBOUNDS AND BARNES STOLE IT AND HAD TIME TO DRIBBLE OR PASS BUT HE DIDNT KNOW HE HAD ENOUGH TIME TO DO THAT SO HE THREW UP A DESPERATION AND MISSED AND THE GAME WENT INTO OVERTIME. SO WE DEFINETLY HAD CHANCES TO BEAT THE TOURNAMENT CHAMPS. AS FAR AS UNION CITY GOES WE JUST DONT MATCH UP WITH THEM WELL AT ALL. AND BASKETBALL IS A GAME OF MATCHUPS. TAKE NOTHING AWAY FROM UC CUZ THEY ARE SOMETHING ELSE, AND I THINK THEY WERE THE BEST TEAM THERE. BUT WHITE HOUSE HAS A GREAT TEAM NO DOUBT. I WAS PROUD OF THEIR EFFORT. BARNES HAD 50 POINTS IN THE 3 GAMES WITH 9 THREE POINTERS. HE GUARDED TOURNEY MVP SLATER AND HELD SLATER TO 14 POINTS (7 OF SLATERS POINTS CAME IN THE 3RD QUARTER WHEN BARNES WAS ON THE BENCH WITH 3 FOULS AND DIDNT PLAY ) THE OTHER 7 CAME FROM THE LINE. SLATER MADE EVERYONE ELSE LOOK SILLY IN THE TOURNEY.

booing? must have missed that

I was about four rows from it....Everybody in the place heard it....Shane did too, and he wasn't to happy about it.....I'm sorry if you think I am ridiculous in saying that White House didn't impress me....Maybe it was that I kept watching Gaines not get down the floor to not notice anything....I take that back, I did notice # 3 and # 00....They were good ball players...

Did Brentwood look like they were tired??....I think them having to play Union City in the semis had something to do with them not winning it all....Union City ran them to death....Not taking anything away from Lipscomb, they won when it counted, and congrats to them....

i saw every game of the tourney and didn't hear any booing, maybe in the bathroom or something but whatever. union city is very good and white house is good also. have a good year and good luck to yall, hopefully we'll see yall next year @ this tourney, this time for the title :blink:

anybody know who made the all tourney team???

I was about four rows from it....Everybody in the place heard it....Shane did too, and he wasn't to happy about it.....I'm sorry if you think I am ridiculous in saying that White House didn't impress me....Maybe it was that I kept watching Gaines not get down the floor to not notice anything....I take that back, I did notice # 3 and # 00....They were good ball players...

Did Brentwood look like they were tired??....I think them having to play Union City in the semis had something to do with them not winning it all....Union City ran them to death....Not taking anything away from Lipscomb, they won when it counted, and congrats to them....

GAINES IS ABOUT 6 FT 7 320LBS . YOU TRY TO RUN UP AND DOWN THE COURT WEIGHING THAT. IT WAS HIS 3RD GAME IN A ROW IN 3 DAYS . I DO REALIZE THAT EVERYONE THERE PLAYED 3 GAMES IN 3 DAYS. TEAMS THAT RUN AS MUCH AS UC DOES DEFINETLY GIVES GAINES PROBLEMS. NO DOUBT. IF HE COULD TAKE OFF 50 POUNDS THEN HE WOULD BE A DIFFERENT PLAYER . BUT HES A D1 PROSPECT IN FOOTBALL SO IT WILL PROBABLY NEVER HAPPEN. BUT WHEN GAINES IS FRESH AND YOU DIDNT SEE IT WITH HIM TONIGHT HE IS A MONSTER DOWN LOW. HE ALSO HAS HUGE HANDS AND HAS A VERY SOFT TOUCH FOR BEING THAT BIG. OK HERES THE ALL TOURNEY TEAM:

CECIL COLEMAN PIONEER CHRISTIAN ACAD.

TAVARRUS JEFFERSON ENSWORTH

MURRAY HARRIS SYCAMORE

MJ BROWN UC

ANOTHER UC PLAYER

BRAD HUNT LIPSCOMB

CALEB CLAYTON LIPSCOMB

JOHN GARRETT BA

BRANDON BROWN BA

MVP JOSH SLATER LIPSCOMB

There were eight great teams in this tournament. All of them deserved to be there, and represented their fans, families, and schools with sportsmanship and pride. I hate that all of these threads turn into excuses about why this or that team did not win. Give credit where it is due... Josh Slater deserved MVP. Lipscomb is a great team. If Lipscomb had not won, I could have said... well Lipscomb was half stocked until three weeks ago with Slaters knee rehab and football... Regardless of winner, all teams provided the fans a great tournament. Congratulations to Lipscomb, maybe now you will get a little mid-state attention!!!

I'm sure BA was tired (although I'm sure all of the teams were . . .). Aside from playing a very athletic (if undisciplined) Pioneer Christian and being run up and down the court by Union City, they also won a double OT game vs Giles CO. earlier in the week.

Good time for a rest and some healing . . .