Battle of the state at lipscomb allen area

timbdp

you guys are rididulous, i'm wonderin how white house didn't impress you after beating haywood, then losing to the tourney champion by 3 in O.T. ( figure that one out) :thumb: also we missed a lay-up with 10 secs. left against lipscomb and could have beaten them. luckily we got the rebound and forced O.T. union city just straight pounded us, but we won't be the only ones in their path. but just go ahead and keep doubting, 10-4 now and we'll be in the boro :o

Substate is possible because of the weak Region. Seriously doubt they make it to state. They would have to really slow the game down to have a chance against top teams and need to make it a 1/2 court game. Too slow with the big guys to run with athletic teams.

Sounds like David Lipscomb played poorly and that is how they were able to hang with them. WHHS better be glad they are not in Region 5, they would have a hard time against Giles, DL and even CPA. Region 6 would even be worse for them with Bolivar, Sycamore, Jackson SS and Liberty, they would have no shot in that Region.

benstiller you should have redshirted along the way so you could have another year of eligibility since you only got to play 1 year of varsity tssaa.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UC had a great tournament, as did Lipscomb and BA. UC will have a good shot at winning the 1a state this year. If they face a discipline team with good guard play and size it could cause them problems. The only real weakness I see on UC is lack of size but they make up for that with great defense and transition offense.

Great win for Lipscomb. Slater looked like the best player in the tournament. I was surprised how easy he beat people off the dribble. BA should have double teamed him or maybe even box and 1.

BA will be very good before the season is over. When all players are healthy they are easily the class of the field.

SLATER'S GOT HEART AND DESIRE . HE ALSO HAS THE WILL TO WIN. HE'S A COMPETITOR. I BET HE HATES TO LOSE AT ANYTHING.AND HE DID BEAT EVERYONE OFF THE DRIBBLE EXCEPT BARNES FOR WHITE HOUSE. BARNES WAS WITH HIM EVERY STEP . IF YOUR ABLE TO GO WATCH THE TAPE YOU'LL SEE WHAT I MEAN !!! I DONT THINK UNION CITYS LACK OF SIZE HURTS THEM MUCH. THEY HAVE SO MANY GREAT THREE POINT SHOOTERS AND THEY NEVER STOP RUNNING . THEIR DEFENSE IS SUPER. AS FAR AS BA IS CONCERNED I DONT THINK THEY WILL BE CHALLENGED MUCH IN THEIR DIVISON . THE POINT GUARD AND WRIGHT WILL MAKE THEM ALOT BETTER WHEN THEY COME BACK.

SLATER'S GOT HEART AND DESIRE . HE ALSO HAS THE WILL TO WIN. HE'S A COMPETITOR. I BET HE HATES TO LOSE AT ANYTHING.AND HE DID BEAT EVERYONE OFF THE DRIBBLE EXCEPT BARNES FOR WHITE HOUSE. BARNES WAS WITH HIM EVERY STEP . IF YOUR ABLE TO GO WATCH THE TAPE YOU'LL SEE WHAT I MEAN !!! I DONT THINK UNION CITYS LACK OF SIZE HURTS THEM MUCH. THEY HAVE SO MANY GREAT THREE POINT SHOOTERS AND THEY NEVER STOP RUNNING . THEIR DEFENSE IS SUPER. AS FAR AS BA IS CONCERNED I DONT THINK THEY WILL BE CHALLENGED MUCH IN THEIR DIVISON . THE POINT GUARD AND WRIGHT WILL MAKE THEM ALOT BETTER WHEN THEY COME BACK.

Plus UC has guards that can really jump.Simpson is the smallest one on the team and he is very quick off his feet to get rebounds over taller people,He has to be 1st or 2nd on the team in rebounds.All in all when we get Andre Coby back and Lovan Mosley back into the groove of things,we will have 4 players off the bench that wont be a drop off.Their are not many teams that can do this.Im not saying that UC will win it,but we will be very very very hard to beat come tourney time when we get every thing together.So Red and Bigster who said that we have peaked to soon,we still have room for improvement,and u havent seen UC at their best yet.

Plus UC has guards that can really jump.Simpson is the smallest one on the team and he is very quick off his feet to get rebounds over taller people,He has to be 1st or 2nd on the team in rebounds.All in all when we get Andre Coby back and Lovan Mosley back into the groove of things,we will have 4 players off the bench that wont be a drop off.Their are not many teams that can do this.Im not saying that UC will win it,but we will be very very very hard to beat come tourney time when we get every thing together.So Red and Bigster who said that we have peaked to soon,we still have room for improvement,and u havent seen UC at their best yet.

Union City does have many things to improve on....One is....Free Throws...Can we make a throw? Please....15-45 going into the White House game wasn't too good....Cost them the BA game....Almost the Ensworth game....Union City will improve though...

i don't have time right now to read all these posts but i will later. the only thing i have to say is i watched every game of this tourney. union city is the best 1-A team in tennessee, not even close. they are the best team white house has played the last two years. last night they should've beat b.a. they were winning the whole game. white house hadn't allowed 60 pts. all year and union city put up 104. we had cut it to 12 in the 4th, but could never get it down to single digits. yall have a great coach, and great players. i'm glad we did get to play yall, yall will make us a lot better. we won't play any team as good as union city until the state tourney, (if we make it) i will say one thing, white house did not back down, they gave it all they had, just too many athletes, they are great shooters as well, i think mj had 21 in the 1st half, gotta give credit to coach mathis, he didn't want to slow the game down, he wanted to try to run with the tornadoes even though he knew it probably wouldn't work out, he wanted to try though to make us better in the long run. union city should definetly be in the championship, they would destroy lipscomb just like they did us, but unfortuneately the brackets didn't allow that. good luck to union city, even though they might not need it. :blink:

I'll agree with you that U.C. is the best Single a team in the state..But our district has two others teams that are capable of beating U.C.in Humboldt and Lake co..U.c. beat Humboldt by about 13 and Lake co by 9..Lake Co was within 4 points with 40 seconds left and Lake co's best two players had 4 fouls in the first half and didn't play much..And both these teams have U.C. at home the next time...But like I said..I believe they are both capable..not that they will..It will be a very tough task..Our didtrict is the toughest district in the State and these 3 teams could win a lot of Double A districts..And by looking at the score of your game..White House would probably be in the running for maybe 5th in our district!

Edited by mrbigster

Not sure if UC would destroy Lipscomb. It would probably be a very good game. Lipscomb forces you to play at their tempo and has a very good guard in Slater. Good luck to UC hope to see you in the boro. :o

I saw enough of Lipscomb..Union City would have beaten them(Destroy is a little much)...I heard a number of people over the weekend say that this DL was the weakest one they have seen in awhile....I don't know,I don't see them enough to make a comparison...But,I did see enough of them this weekend to know they couldn't have handled UC's defense for an entire game...They were having a hard enough time with White House...I'm not a big comparative score guy,but UC had no such problem with White House....

Union City is a very good team, but they were badly out-rebounded by BA and were terrible at the free throw line. They were unable to beat BA. Lipscomb outpalyed BA from the very start of the game. I wouldn't be talking about how UC would dominate Lipscomb. Lipscomb loves to play teams that under-estimate them. They went toe to toe with Bolivar Central last year (Chisim and Kemp)!

Union City is a very good team, but they were badly out-rebounded by BA and were terrible at the free throw line. They were unable to beat BA. Lipscomb outpalyed BA from the very start of the game. I wouldn't be talking about how UC would dominate Lipscomb. Lipscomb loves to play teams that under-estimate them. They went toe to toe with Bolivar Central last year (Chisim and Kemp)!

Union City went toe to toe with Bolivar last year, too...And without all their football players, but last year has nothing to do with this year....I do agree they did get outrebounded by BA, and yes they did miss alot of free throws, but I'm sure that is things that they will try and improve on...

Here are the teams in the tourney from Lipscombs schedule on the tssaa website: Sycamore, BA, Ensworth, Liberty, Hamilton, Haywood Co., David Lipscomb, Union City.

No they do not need an exemption. Pioneer is a category "2" school, which means they are accredited trough the state of Tennessee as well as the Tennessee Association of Christian schools. Any school that is fully accredited by TACS can play ant TSSAA school and nothing special is required.