Battle of the state at lipscomb allen area

timbdp

GAINES IS ABOUT 6 FT 7 320LBS . YOU TRY TO RUN UP AND DOWN THE COURT WEIGHING THAT. IT WAS HIS 3RD GAME IN A ROW IN 3 DAYS . I DO REALIZE THAT EVERYONE THERE PLAYED 3 GAMES IN 3 DAYS. TEAMS THAT RUN AS MUCH AS UC DOES DEFINETLY GIVES GAINES PROBLEMS. NO DOUBT. IF HE COULD TAKE OFF 50 POUNDS THEN HE WOULD BE A DIFFERENT PLAYER . BUT HES A D1 PROSPECT IN FOOTBALL SO IT WILL PROBABLY NEVER HAPPEN. BUT WHEN GAINES IS FRESH AND YOU DIDNT SEE IT WITH HIM TONIGHT HE IS A MONSTER DOWN LOW. HE ALSO HAS HUGE HANDS AND HAS A VERY SOFT TOUCH FOR BEING THAT BIG.

I understand that, but I wasn't impressed with him in the Lipscomb game either...All I heard earlier in the month was how Union City had no chance because White House had 6'7 and 6'6 guys, and they would take over the game, and all that what-not...I wasn't impressed, sorry.....I would hope the guy is a D-1 football prospect...because he's definately not d-1 basketball....

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't have time right now to read all these posts but i will later. the only thing i have to say is i watched every game of this tourney. union city is the best 1-A team in tennessee, not even close. they are the best team white house has played the last two years. last night they should've beat b.a. they were winning the whole game. white house hadn't allowed 60 pts. all year and union city put up 104. we had cut it to 12 in the 4th, but could never get it down to single digits. yall have a great coach, and great players. i'm glad we did get to play yall, yall will make us a lot better. we won't play any team as good as union city until the state tourney, (if we make it) i will say one thing, white house did not back down, they gave it all they had, just too many athletes, they are great shooters as well, i think mj had 21 in the 1st half, gotta give credit to coach mathis, he didn't want to slow the game down, he wanted to try to run with the tornadoes even though he knew it probably wouldn't work out, he wanted to try though to make us better in the long run. union city should definetly be in the championship, they would destroy lipscomb just like they did us, but unfortuneately the brackets didn't allow that. good luck to union city, even though they might not need it. :blink:

So Union City is the best team in 1A ("not even close")..i take it you have seen every 1A team in all of tennesse..you talk before you know any facts what so ever..just because they beat yall so bad doesnt mean they are the best team in 1A even though there is no doubt they are one of the top teams..i just think you in particular dont recoginize and respect that some 1A teams are extremely talented and great teams. that score 102-76 is very surprising though, maybe White House's heads and ego's will shrink a little bit and that could be very good for them ;) ...

So Union City is the best team in 1A ("not even close")..i take it you have seen every 1A team in all of tennesse..you talk before you know any facts what so ever..just because they beat yall so bad doesnt mean they are the best team in 1A even though there is no doubt they are one of the top teams..i just think you in particular dont recoginize and respect that some 1A teams are extremely talented and great teams. that score 102-76 is very surprising though, maybe White House's heads and ego's will shrink a little bit and that could be very good for them :blink: ...

I've seen a few...And I've seen the best three in Tennessee....Lake Co, Humboldt, and Union City....Union City= #1.....I would like you to tell me who you think is the best 1A team in the state is??...I do agree that their pounding they took today shrunk their head....

u dont know if they would kill lipscomb until they played each other. u can say all u want but it really doesnt matter

I don't know if your talking about Union City, but I think they would have, but that really doesn't matter....I do know it would have been a good game though...Congrats once again to Lipscomb on winning the tourney...

So Union City is the best team in 1A ("not even close")..i take it you have seen every 1A team in all of tennesse..you talk before you know any facts what so ever..just because they beat yall so bad doesnt mean they are the best team in 1A even though there is no doubt they are one of the top teams..i just think you in particular dont recoginize and respect that some 1A teams are extremely talented and great teams. that score 102-76 is very surprising though, maybe White House's heads and ego's will shrink a little bit and that could be very good for them :blink: ...

Can you BELEIVE someone like yourself is saying Union City isn't one of the if not the best team in Single A @ this time. Let me say this in the nicest way I can, No One in Middle or East Tennessee and I MEAN NO ONE can run or stay in the gym with either Union City, Lake Co. or Humboldt. Could you tell me one team. You BOYS in Middle & East TN just can't hang with us. The sytle of play is not even the same.

The days of setting up for a shot and working the ball around is long gone anf belongs to the teams from the 1970's and backwards.

If Union City made a tour through your towns the gyms would be full to come see a REAL basketball team show their stuff.

Merry Christmas

UC had a great tournament, as did Lipscomb and BA. UC will have a good shot at winning the 1a state this year. If they face a discipline team with good guard play and size it could cause them problems. The only real weakness I see on UC is lack of size but they make up for that with great defense and transition offense.

Great win for Lipscomb. Slater looked like the best player in the tournament. I was surprised how easy he beat people off the dribble. BA should have double teamed him or maybe even box and 1.

BA will be very good before the season is over. When all players are healthy they are easily the class of the field.

GAINES IS ABOUT 6 FT 7 320LBS . YOU TRY TO RUN UP AND DOWN THE COURT WEIGHING THAT. IT WAS HIS 3RD GAME IN A ROW IN 3 DAYS . I DO REALIZE THAT EVERYONE THERE PLAYED 3 GAMES IN 3 DAYS. TEAMS THAT RUN AS MUCH AS UC DOES DEFINETLY GIVES GAINES PROBLEMS. NO DOUBT. IF HE COULD TAKE OFF 50 POUNDS THEN HE WOULD BE A DIFFERENT PLAYER . BUT HES A D1 PROSPECT IN FOOTBALL SO IT WILL PROBABLY NEVER HAPPEN. BUT WHEN GAINES IS FRESH AND YOU DIDNT SEE IT WITH HIM TONIGHT HE IS A MONSTER DOWN LOW. HE ALSO HAS HUGE HANDS AND HAS A VERY SOFT TOUCH FOR BEING THAT BIG. OK HERES THE ALL TOURNEY TEAM:

CECIL COLEMAN PIONEER CHRISTIAN ACAD.

TAVARRUS JEFFERSON ENSWORTH

MURRAY HARRIS SYCAMORE

MJ BROWN UC

ANOTHER UC PLAYER

BRAD HUNT LIPSCOMB

CALEB CLAYTON LIPSCOMB

JOHN GARRETT BA

BRANDON BROWN BA

MVP JOSH SLATER LIPSCOMB

The other UC guy was Tony Wilkins.Also thought that Jeremy Simpson and Cedric Allen could have been on the team.Tony averaged almost 23,Brown 21,Allen 17,and Simpson 18.

UC had a great tournament, as did Lipscomb and BA. UC will have a good shot at winning the 1a state this year. If they face a discipline team with good guard play and size it could cause them problems. The only real weakness I see on UC is lack of size but they make up for that with great defense and transition offense.

Great win for Lipscomb. Slater looked like the best player in the tournament. I was surprised how easy he beat people off the dribble. BA should have double teamed him or maybe even box and 1.

BA will be very good before the season is over. When all players are healthy they are easily the class of the field.

Good observance if you see UC's only "weakness" being a lack of size. Remember that was their only "weakness" last year and see where they finished? How can lack of size be a weakness? I have not seen them play this year but can only imagine how well they are playing this year. Maybe will try to see them play in Poplar Bluff while I am back in UC for the holidays. Merry Christmas BackintheOC!

Good observance if you see UC's only "weakness" being a lack of size. Remember that was their only "weakness" last year and see where they finished? How can lack of size be a weakness? I have not seen them play this year but can only imagine how well they are playing this year. Maybe will try to see them play in Poplar Bluff while I am back in UC for the holidays. Merry Christmas BackintheOC!

You Too....I'm going to Poplar Bluff on Friday hoping to see a UC-Vashon match-up....Hope to see you there....They are better this year no doubt..The scoring is spread out,every nite it's somebody else..Tony Wilkins had 27 one nite,MJ had 31 one nite in the tourney..Cedric Allen and Jeremy Simpson are averaging close to 18ppg apiece...BA was taller at every position against UC,sometimes four of five inches taller and they held their own....