WEST GREENE

delayofgame

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard as early as 2009 if the money comes together soon enough. The big question is where do they play? The dome will be gone soon. I'm glad to, because playing in it stunk, and watching the game in there too stunk too. ETSU needs football, because the only other interesting sports there is basketball, and homecomming is horrible without it.

COACH

I've heard as early as 2009 if the money comes together soon enough. The big question is where do they play? The dome will be gone soon. I'm glad to, because playing in it stunk, and watching the game in there too stunk too. ETSU needs football, because the only other interesting sports there is basketball, and homecomming is horrible without it.

COACH

Play it @ Science Hill, until they build a field. It will get very interesting between now and 2009. Anything will go on. As long as Paul Stanton is in charge nothing will prolly happen.

W.G has some VERY good ball players #21 in particular they just need a little help and they could be a better than average team next year. It takes a lot of hard work in the offseason and faith in your Coaches no matter who they are. Contrary to popular belief coaches with losing records don't choose to be there and are trying their best to win with what they have. I agree with ETSUfootball it is very hard to Coach succesfully without enough help. I cant imagine trying to run a GOOD practice with 40 kids and 3 coaches.

Ponder this,

Things are going to have to change in order for West Greene to win. In no particular order here we go.

1. Offseason weight lifting & conditioning. We need to put together a weight room program that makes sense, and pushes the players.

2. We need to get more kids out their playing. There are many athletes in the school that can play football we just need to get them out on the field.

3. Summer conditioning....Summer conditioning....Summer conditioning....

4. Two a day summer football camp..... now what this means is we go off away from parents, girlfriends, cell phones, x-box, play stations etc. etc. Usually we find a place that specializes in football camp, along with other teams doing the same thing. Football becomes the only focus for this camp. It needs to tough, hot, and a place to build teamwork, friendship, and a GRAND VISION.

5. Practice has to be more structured. We have to, " practice with purpose" instead of practicing for practice sake.

6. WE NEED MORE COACHES.... WE NEED MORE COACHES.... WE NEED MORE COACHES.... WE NEED MORE COACHES. We have three coaches. How can we compete when other teams have 6-8 coaches on the sideline. I'm willing to split up my supplement for this one.

7. We need less critical parents (delayofgame). Who will support us a little bit more.

8. We need to schedule some non-conference winnable games.

9. J-V games would help

Thats all I have right now

COACH

1.)couldnt agree with you more on this one

2.)on this one it doesnt have to a science, we all know why kids that can play wont play even though i dont find it as a good reason

3.)i agree we got a good track use it.....

4.)i agree with this one to an extent but not whole heartely, I think if we atleast work on plays in shorts and helmet thru the summer it should be like 2nd nature to them when it counts instead of changing it every week and expecting them to ALL know it by Friday night

5.)practice should be a learning experience not only for the players but for the coaches as well as to what each indavidual player is capable of some may have hidden talents and made to play a position that isnt what they are good at.

6.)more coaches would be nice and we would probably have some more but.....if they feel that thier input is not wanted or appreciated ....or used they figure why even try it when they get thier wings clipped from the get go?

7.)i agree , myself im in for the ride good or bad , but i hope next year is alot better....lol

8.)this oughtta be a feasable idea here but i have noticed thru last season that we were out sized and out powered last season this where we need to fall back on #'s 1 and 3

9.)i totally agree with this we had a few this year but it seemed when the JV team done pretty decent the coaching staff decided to stop it like at the Hampton JV game granted they beat us but did ya realize at that time of the year the JV team almost scored what Varsiety did all year???we were 12 points shy wouldve been tied up if 2 TD wouldnt have been called back one from #12 James and 1 from #14 McAmis..........................anyways more JV games would be a good thing maybe not everyweek but atleast every other

just my insight on your comments there Coach and i hope for a better season next year

Go Buffs

It will take proper motivation, and commitment for the players to have the desire to be competetive. I'm concerned about who will take over program and the new direction for the team. I have a definite vision of were we need to be, what needs to happen. We can be compete in this region and classification. I have a lot of confidence in the kids here at this school. My confidende comes from watching the other sports here at WGHS, and I see great spirit in the kids here. Lets do it and do it right.

COACH

It will take proper motivation, and commitment for the players to have the desire to be competetive. I'm concerned about who will take over program and the new direction for the team. I have a definite vision of were we need to be, what needs to happen. We can be compete in this region and classification. I have a lot of confidence in the kids here at this school. My confidende comes from watching the other sports here at WGHS, and I see great spirit in the kids here. Lets do it and do it right.

COACH

if you are the coach quit making excuses and work harder!! plenty of great teams do not have large #s of assisstants. instead of fishing this weekend go to a clinic or just watch some hs games and see how playoff teams act.

In the news this afternoon that Coach Barry Carter of the West Greene Buffaloes has resigned as head football coach effective immediately. Coach Carter will remain as a teacher and the schools athletic director. He was quoted as saying that it is time to see if someone else could change the programs fortune. He said he was stepping down to see if someone else can get it done. Quoted from The Greeneville Sun newspaper. I am sure Coach Carter wants to see the program do well and maybe some new blood in the coaching position can get it done. Time will tell. Best of Luck to Coach Carter and to the Buffs next season.

Ponder This

Coach Greenlee, Drew Petite @ Mo'town East, Coach Andy Williams, Coach Thompson and myself have been mentioned as the current the current front runners. I would take it if offerred, but I don't know if the powers that be would give it to me. I have some great ideas about the program. Greenlee would be great because he has a good relationship with every body (parents, kids, teachers) at WGHS. I want to coordinate, I love all that comes along with being a coordinator, and I love my defensive system, it just needs some intense practice and repetetion for it to be successful. I also have my offense ready to go as well. I do believe that this needs to settled ASAP. We cannnot wait two-three months on a new head coach.

Go BUFFs