Franklin Co. Vs Cookville

defensiveman

Ouch!

Obviously the Cavs had their heads somewhere else.Had 1st & goal at the 10 with 2 mins to go & fumbled it away.Fumbled earlier in the game that lead to a TD also.

Thought we had the young mistakes worked out.Obviously not yet...

First region loss for the Cavs since the 2004 season.

Got a lot of work to do in practice this week if we're gonna beat Lavergne next Friday,if their score against Wilson Central is any indication.

Congrats to Franklin County on a big win.I know ya'll are looking forward to the future & this could be a big springboard for next year.I'd love to see more teams in 3-5A be successful.It'll make all the teams better & make us a better region.

THE SQUAD :thumb:

Edited by THE SQUAD

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Coach Britton and the Rebels on the win. Folks in Region 3 better get ready because Coach Britton will build a solid program there for the future.

Not a two team race for the Region in the future.

Cookeville congratulations for winning the Region. Coach J is building a solid program there also and it shows this year when y'all were suppose to be 're-building'!

Solid tough teams will only make EVERY team in Region Three better.

Congrats to the Rebels - y'all didn't let up and it paid off. Nobody can say that Cookeville laid down for you - check out this quote from the Herald-Citizen on 25 October, with Joslin talking about the Rebels:-

"If I'm on the other side, what better way to end the season? That's what they have to preach," Joslin explained. "What could be better than to go to Cookeville, beat Cookeville on their home field when they have already claimed they are region champs. That's what we are dealing with this week."

After Lincoln County played the Rebels I posted that y'alls reputation was undeserved - obviously tonight you showed everybody.

Cavs, you're still representing the top spot in Region 3 - get past this, get ready and play like you did against the Falcons and you'll make it at least to the third round.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Congratulations to Coach Britton and the Rebels on the win. Folks in Region 3 better get ready because Coach Britton will build a solid program there for the future.

Not a two team race for the Region in the future.

Cookeville congratulations for winning the Region. Coach J is building a solid program there also and it shows this year when y'all were suppose to be 're-building'!

Solid tough teams will only make EVERY team in Region Three better.

They are losing a lot of srs, but have some talent coming up. The players are good enough for Britton to be competitive over the next 3 yrs. A very well known region 4 coach said last yr that Coach Mantooth should be coach of the yr for taking the talent he had and making the playoffs. Britton had a tough yr, but the toughest should be over.

A coach cannot win consistently with out talent. The talent will be there and FC should be back in the playoffs next few yrs.

Edited by wingman10

Well Im glad for the rebels they got some of that bad taste out of their mouth from all of those losses this yr. Im very pleased with them they played hard against Cookville and they came out with the win....Next yr.Coach Britton should have them up and Running and make it abck to the playoffs and maybe have a chance at region Champs...Nexy yr. they got some players coming back they should really be good they got .....#88 Stovall, #61 Miller, #11 Dixon, and they got their Freshman Runninback Terrance Martin moving up so they sould be pretty good they will have a early start to hit the weights hard and get ready for next yr..

Congrats Rebels....

Good Luck Next Yr...PLAY HARD & PLAY SMART

REBEL FOR LIFE

Another year in the weight room will make a big difference.

Well Im glad for the rebels they got some of that bad taste out of their mouth from all of those losses this yr. Im very pleased with them they played hard against Cookville and they came out with the win....Next yr.Coach Britton should have them up and Running and make it abck to the playoffs and maybe have a chance at region Champs...Nexy yr. they got some players coming back they should really be good they got .....#88 Stovall, #61 Miller, #11 Dixon, and they got their Freshman Runninback Terrance Martin moving up so they sould be pretty good they will have a early start to hit the weights hard and get ready for next yr..

Congrats Rebels....

Good Luck Next Yr...PLAY HARD & PLAY SMART

REBEL FOR LIFE

Tough loss, i told everyone before that this wasnt going to be an easy game for the cavs. oh and cavs haven't lost a region game since 03' not 04'.

Oops! You're right. And who was the last region team to beat the Cavs?

Franklin County...the last regular season game in 2003.

Cavs better get ready for Friday night.If they can come out like they did against Lincoln County they'll be all right.But if it's like the last game they'll get THUMPED!

THE SQUAD :)

Edited by THE SQUAD

Oops! You're right. And who was the last region team to beat the Cavs?

Franklin County...the last regular season game in 2003.

Cavs better get ready for Friday night.If they can come out like they did against Lincoln County they'll be all right.But if it's like the last game they'll get THUMPED!

THE SQUAD :)

Cavs will be ready and the future looks bright.