hardest hitter in high school football

powerp

Brent Boyd #4 Safety for FCS will lay the wood,

Also Wade Mitchell #55 will bring it, but he will not miss the opportunity to make the tackle in order to knock your lights out.

Many times a defender will miss tackles to lay somone out. I would like to see thread for who is the best at wrapping up and making the tackle rather than who is the hardest hitter. I think that is much more important.

To me it shows a ton of class also when you ring a guy up to offer to help him up. I do not like it when someone stands over the person after a hard hit.

Football is not about being nice to your opponent. I do not agree with being arrogant and standing over an opponent that you just tackled, but lingering to help him up......sounds like a teammate's job to me. The way I see it; make the big hit; turn around and go crazy; get ready for the next play. No need to make a spectacle out of the guy you just hit, but also no need to get him off the ground.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Football is not about being nice to your opponent. I do not agree with being arrogant and standing over an opponent that you just tackled, but lingering to help him up......sounds like a teammate's job to me. The way I see it; make the big hit; turn around and go crazy; get ready for the next play. No need to make a spectacle out of the guy you just hit, but also no need to get him off the ground.

maybe if it is on an important play, it is ok to go crazy. But on a normal play, i think it is more intimidating to just walk off after the hit, looks like you are used to it.

The hardest I’ve ever seen was from Milan’s Jake Anderson. He’s a corner and he only weighs in at around 175, but he hit a Huntington receiver so hard a Huntington poster said the next day that he broke two ribs and suffered a collapsed lung. I don’t know just how accurate that is, but it was one of his fans that said it.

Not accurate....two bruised ribs nothing major......first thoughts were he broke them but it was jus rumor......and his lung didn't collapse.....anyway big hit all the same

I witnessed the HARDEST hit i have ever seen in a highschool football game last night. Kurt Reeves the Safety from Jo Byrns Hit head on w/ a receiver as he was trying to catch a football. He him so hard he did a backflip, and his helmet came off. The entire crowd went CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!! It was awesome, Cascade may have been bigger but, Jo Byrns showed them who lays the wood.

Last night, Marshall County's Donta' Hightower absolutely crushed Giles County's Sam Edgmon as he ran down the side line and flew through the air...of course he ran for about 360 something more yards afterwards...Wow. How can u seriously let a runningback run for 366 yards against you in one game??? Amazingly good job Sam...Atleast the Tigers played with some spirit for once against their rival...That one got sparked up again