McMinn Central

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Central is simply reloading from last year. They had a perfect blend of 7 returning varsity with 7 freshmen that blended together as the season progressed. The state tournament was sweet after much early skepticism. 2 strong seniors gone to TWC but 2 more stepping in to take their place, with a big year of experience under their belt. I fully expect Central's success to be equal if not exceed last year's.

Another strong group of freshmen have arrived with two or three freshmen that will challenge some of last year's strong athletic freshman class. The Simbeck girls older taller sister will help as well as a freshman post and two freshman guards.

Because of their youth that already have a state appearance under their belt and strong incoming freshman group, Central should have 3-4 strong years in a row at least.

I look forward to another great year, this time just as a spectator of great basketball.

Edited by maroonandwhite

Starters should be:

1) Simbeck

2) Jordan

3) Elder

4) Rayburn

5) Lambert

And they have a deep bench. I think these are all 10th grade except Rayburn who is 12th grade. From what I saw last year they shoud be about the same. But they make it to state.........

What about that Davis girl? I thought she would be a starter this year? what about that big tall girl also? seems to me a 6' tall girl is always handy?

K. Hearn tore her ACL playing soccer. G. Jordan broke a bone in her hand boxing dash boards. That's all the injuries that I know about, but G. Jordan will only miss the Hall of Fame Games, if she misses those. I'm afraid that K. Hearn will miss her senior year.

Prediction: Get your reservations to the "Boro" now. Shoot. Go ahead and get them for the next 3 years. This team is loaded for bear and I only know of one team that will be able to beat them, and that is themselves. There are 9 girls on this team that would be a starter on ANY of the teams in our area. AA or AAA. They are good. The tuff part is going to be to chose who is the starting 5. I think there will be some seniority honored by C. Morgan at the start of the year, but don't let the first game starting 5 fool you. This team is young, VERY young, and the line up at the end of the year will reflect that.

Speaking of starting 5. I feel more confident picking the NCAA men's BBall champs for 2020. I can tell you this. If ANY of the girls think that they are assured a starting roll, they are mistaken. And it's not that there are no stars. It's that there are maybe 8 or 9, maybe more. If these girls can keep their prides in check and play team ball, there will be few (VERY FEW) teams out there that can stay on the floor with them.

I've not named names or "picked five", but heres one name to remember. Madison Williams. You may not know her now, but I promice you, you will by the end of the year. She is a defensive tornado that plays with LOTS of heart. Reminds me of my favorite player :thumb:

I have heard that Madison and two other freshmen are pushing last year freshmen and upperclassmen for some serious playing time.

I am proud of Madison and proud for her family. Great people. Another one that wore maroonandwhite!

Tell G.J. to leave the dashboard alone! Surely she does not inherit that from her dad's side of the family! :D:D:P

I am proud of Madison and proud for her family. Great people. Another one that wore maroonandwhite!

Tell G.J. to leave the dashboard alone! Surely she does not inherit that from her dad's side of the family! :thumb:;);)

I've not had a chance to talk to any of her family, but did get to talk to Madison some during the summer, and agee with you. She seems to be a super young lady. She's going to be a great addition to the team, and I think she will be seeing lots of time on the floor to give some rest and to cover for foul trouble. She plays alot like my favorite player. When she gets use to the offense, she's going to be double tuff.

And about G.J. If it came from her dad's side, it's just because he grew up so close to Calhoun. ;)

Tell yours we'll be seeing her at T'Dub next Sat. if our son doesn't have a game.

K. Hearn tore her ACL playing soccer. G. Jordan broke a bone in her hand boxing dash boards. That's all the injuries that I know about, but G. Jordan will only miss the Hall of Fame Games, if she misses those. I'm afraid that K. Hearn will miss her senior year.

Prediction: Get your reservations to the "Boro" now. Shoot. Go ahead and get them for the next 3 years. This team is loaded for bear and I only know of one team that will be able to beat them, and that is themselves. There are 9 girls on this team that would be a starter on ANY of the teams in our area. AA or AAA. They are good. The tuff part is going to be to chose who is the starting 5. I think there will be some seniority honored by C. Morgan at the start of the year, but don't let the first game starting 5 fool you. This team is young, VERY young, and the line up at the end of the year will reflect that.

Speaking of starting 5. I feel more confident picking the NCAA men's BBall champs for 2020. I can tell you this. If ANY of the girls think that they are assured a starting roll, they are mistaken. And it's not that there are no stars. It's that there are maybe 8 or 9, maybe more. If these girls can keep their prides in check and play team ball, there will be few (VERY FEW) teams out there that can stay on the floor with them.

I've not named names or "picked five", but heres one name to remember. Madison Williams. You may not know her now, but I promice you, you will by the end of the year. She is a defensive tornado that plays with LOTS of heart. Reminds me of my favorite player :lol:

Has coach picked the team yet? IF so did this WIlliams girl get to move to the team? If not what freshmans did? This will be interesting how Coach Morgan picks his starters. besides, he always takes loosing early and finds the right 5 to start by the first 8 ballgames anyway. :thumb:

So Central lost Coach daughter and Blevins to graduation and a back up from last year to ACLinjury. You say another big group of freshmen. Is everyone else back but the three mentioned? Where is coach gonna put all of them?

McMinn and McMinn Central play early in season again. First game probably will be interesing like last year. It seems kind of tough to play strong team so quick. We play severl AA teams later in season, don't understand why M.Central is so quick, maybe it is to get a lot of attendance and money before Bradley and W.Valley.