Marion Co. @ Sequatchie Co.

eagles60

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just wanting to get some of your thoughts on this game. The way it looks, the winner goes on into the real season and the loser is done. So just let me hear everyone's prediction on the game.

I think marion will win this one by 3 TD'S or more!

I have talked with a couple diffrent people in dunlap they are really grumbling about their current record and doing alot of talking!

Yes.... it is true that we have had some rough weeks lately but I still have faith in my Warriors. There is a lot at stake in this game and I think that we can come back from Dunlap with a victory. This is another one of those rivalry games that has a lot of pride at stake. SC would like nothing better than to have their ONLY win against Marion County... that would almost make their season more bearable. I don't look for that to happen. Marion by 17.

Well stated PurpleGrad. I'm hopeful this team will make the most of this last regular season game and play to their potential. They really haven't played with any intensity since the first quarter of the SP game. I'm picking the Warriors by 6.

I heard Bud Christi will be back for this game. Anyone know if this is correct?

Has marion had any bad injuries or anything to make them have such a rough set back?

MC had three starters out for the Bledsoe game and lost a fourth early in the game. That's hardly the reason we lost that game though. Bledsoe clearly wanted it more and simply outplayed the Warriors South, as did Upperman also. MC seems to have lost their focus lately. I hope they regroup Friday night and play like they're capable, complete some offensive drives, tighten up their defense, and begin playing again with confidence. Good luck Warriors.

Marion 21-14. Sequatchie had about 250 yards rushing and passing in the second half, a lot on a 95 yard scoring run with less than a minute left. problem was they had only about 25 yards total in the first half and trailed 13-0 at half. Marion led 21-0 in mid-third. Sequatchie scored on a short run with 1:45 left in the fourth, forced a punt then the long run with about 30 seconds left. Kicked onside kick and a freshman got it, hit 3 passes to the 25, had to throw in the end zone on the last play, incomplete. Clock malfunctioned and eventually was kept on the field, it lost Sequatchie some seconds that would have helped in the end, would keep running for 5 and 10 seconds sometimes through incomplete passes, plays out of bounds, about 60 seconds went off in one series alone. Not sure why those seconds weren't put back on and time kept on the field earlier, but Seq was the host and so it was the school's own fault for the malfunction, not Marion's.

Well stated PurpleGrad. I'm hopeful this team will make the most of this last regular season game and play to their potential. They really haven't played with any intensity since the first quarter of the SP game. I'm picking the Warriors by 6.

He played the second half. I'm guessing they thought if he played the first half, had to sit 20 minutes at halftime, that it would be hard to come back for the last two quarters so they chose the second half. Had 9 catches for about 90 yards, all in the second half, really opened things up for other players too, obviously, Seq had about 25 yards in the first half and about 250 in the second half. Wish he'd been playing in games 4 through 9, but these things happen, it's football. Team missed him at receiver, defensive back (All-State last year in his second year of high school football as he didn't play as a freshman), had a 100 yards interception return against Dade, and kick returner, was averaging around 35 yards on kickoff returns. Players that would have had to step in next year anyway got those snaps, so hopefully that will pay off next year. Other players did well in the second half tonight too, not just him, would have been easy to give up down 21-0 in the last few minutes.

Edited by Indian

Marion County will do fine. They have some really good players. I wish them the best "GOOD LUCK BOYS"