District 11aa

wareagleblue

It's all fine and good if he benches one of his better players and they still pull out the win, but if they lose that ballgame he looks like an idiot. I saw the write up in the Tennessean and can't help but wonder what the so called "differences" that the coach and player had. More often than not it is some kind of power trip by the coach. I would love to know the low down. He benched a player against Sycamore as well but put her in during the first quarter, he didn't stick to his guns much on that did he?

It doesnt really matter what the reason was, Coach Johnson has his rules. All the players agreed to these rules and if you break them, that is what happens you dont start.

And big country the time you are talking about I remember very clearly as I was on the team, it was my freshman year, and Shane walked out on practice Coach Wilson went to talk to him they settled it Shane came back and did not start. These two coaches are very good at disciplining there players.

BUT parents last year and the year before didnt run the program for football, it was certain players not the parents. Sophomore year it was players who walked out on the football team not the parents, and it was players who decided to stick it out and sit out the season not the parents. Dont include me in that group, because I played that year and stuck with it. B)

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesnt really matter what the reason was, Coach Johnson has his rules. All the players agreed to these rules and if you break them, that is what happens you dont start.

And big country the time you are talking about I remember very clearly as I was on the team, it was my freshman year, and Shane walked out on practice Coach Wilson went to talk to him they settled it Shane came back and did not start. These two coaches are very good at disciplining there players.

BUT parents last year and the year before didnt run the program for football, it was certain players not the parents. Sophomore year it was players who walked out on the football team not the parents, and it was players who decided to stick it out and sit out the season not the parents. Dont include me in that group, because I played that year and stuck with it. B)

I know good and well that you played and I commend you for that. I do also believe that there were parents who "played a key role" in their childrens decisions to quit. Just my own personal opinion B)

I wish coach Loope and his staff the best in the future but I am bothered by the program's direction when I heard that Loope contacted Cheatham Co. and took them off of the Harpeth 2007 schedule. I can promise you that there are a lto more intimidating football programs in the state than the one located in Ashland City.

I know good and well that you played and I commend you for that. I do also believe that there were parents who "played a key role" in their childrens decisions to quit. Just my own personal opinion :)

I wish coach Loope and his staff the best in the future but I am bothered by the program's direction when I heard that Loope contacted Cheatham Co. and took them off of the Harpeth 2007 schedule. I can promise you that there are a lto more intimidating football programs in the state than the one located in Ashland City.

I know that, but I think cheatham county will have a stout little team next year, and would handle Harpeth, because of there young team from this past year. Harpeth needed to take them off to boost there morale for years to come. I would put money on it that they put them back on the schedule by 2009. :)

Harpeth beat Fairview tonight 59-31, Mandy had 17 while Richardson had 16.

NEWLY UPDATED DISTRICT 11-AA STANDINGS:

1.) Sycamore (5-1)

2.) Cheatham (4-1)

3.) Harpeth (4-1)

4.) Creek Wood (4-3)

5.) Mont. Cent. (2-3)

6.) Waverly (1-3)

7.) Fairview (2-4)

8.) Stewart (0-6)

Tuesday's Games:

Stewart Co. at Cheatham Co.

Waverly Central at Harpeth

Montgomery Central at Fairview

Creek Wood & Sycamore (BYE)

Cheatham over Stewart

Harpeth over Waverly

Mont Cent over Fairview

i agree parents just need to back out of high school sports, and let the best players play. b/c the same thing happened last year with Harpeth Baseball a set of parents got jealous b/c their All-american baseball player of theirs was not playing. and it tore the team apart, into two groups. the ones with the coach, and ones with the players parents. and that is a partial reason why Coach Fraiser is not at harpeth this year

I agree 100% with your picks for tomorrow night :blink:

I actually think the Harpeth Waverly game might be closer then what people think, by the sound of things Waverly gave Cheatham a good fight, I dont know if it is just Cheatham doesnt play good against Waverly or Waverly is about to hits its groove but I look for tomorrow night to be a good game at Harpeth.

I also liked the on the ball magazine, Mandy being the number one player to watch in the mid state, while SAlem was number 3. Congrats girls on getting the recognition you deserve.

I actually think the Harpeth Waverly game might be closer then what people think, by the sound of things Waverly gave Cheatham a good fight, I dont know if it is just Cheatham doesnt play good against Waverly or Waverly is about to hits its groove but I look for tomorrow night to be a good game at Harpeth.

I also liked the on the ball magazine, Mandy being the number one player to watch in the mid state, while SAlem was number 3. Congrats girls on getting the recognition you deserve.

If you remember it was Waverly Central who eliminated the Cubs last year in the district tourney. Maybe the Tigers know something about the Lady Cubs that most others can't quite figure out.

I smell an upset. Harpeth always comes out flat. Somebody is going to make them pay and it might as well be Waverly. They can get away with playing like crap against teams like Fairview and Greenbrier, but a team on the rise like Waverly or Montgomery Central will make them pay and really shake up the district. I will say Waverly by ten because when the Indians get down the coach will have no clue what to do to get them back in the game. Rawlings from Waverly will just outcoach the Harpeth KID.