District 11aa

wareagleblue

So just when the district can't get any tighter it does tonight! Waverly finally connected on all cylinders and took their frustration out of Montgomery Central beating them 56-35. It was tight after the first quarter but in the 2nd Waverly took control and never looked back keeping their hopes alive for finishing out of the bottom three in the district. But is it even going to matter who finishes where? Obviously any team in the district with the exception of Stewart County is capable of beating any other team. The intensity of this district is unreal and definitely causes motivation to fly everywhere. Cheatham was handed their second district loss in a roll tonight also.

Edited by utvols04

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NEWLY UPDATED DISTRICT 11AA STANDINGS:

1.) Harpeth (7-1)

1.) Sycamore (7-1)

3.) Creek Wood (6-3)

4.) Cheatham Co. (5-3)

5.) Montgomery Central (4-4)

6.) Waverly Central (2-5)

7.) Fairview (2-7)

8.) Stewart Co. (0-9)

Friday Night's Games:

Sycamore at Cheatham Co.

Stewart Co. at Montgomery Central

Harpeth at Waverly Central

Cheatham over Sycamore (Coach Carr will get in them after losing two in a row since who knows when)

Harpeth over Waverly in a squeeker

MC over Stewart

Cheatham over Sycamore (Coach Carr will get in them after losing two in a row since who knows when)

Harpeth over Waverly in a squeeker

MC over Stewart

I would pick Waverly over Harpeth Friday, but Waverly will be without Ashley Mullinax who is their leading scorer. She is going to miss just this game because she is in Ms. Tennessee contest. But don't underestimate the rest of the team. She is not the whole team so don't get me wrong. But it is extemely difficult to pick up 18 points a game. The rest of the team is capable and could pull together and win it but someone will have to step up. They played very well tonight and completely dominated Montgomery Central. This is a tough District and any of the teams can win the tournament except Stewart County.

Edited by papatiger

NEWLY UPDATED DISTRICT 11AA STANDINGS:

1.) Harpeth (7-1)

1.) Sycamore (7-1)

3.) Creek Wood (6-3)

4.) Cheatham Co. (5-3)

5.) Montgomery Central (4-4)

6.) Waverly Central (2-5)

7.) Fairview (2-7)

8.) Stewart Co. (0-9)

Friday Night's Games:

Sycamore at Cheatham Co.

Stewart Co. at Montgomery Central

Harpeth at Waverly Central

Wouldn't want to be next on Cheatham's schedule after them losing two in a row. It's possible Sycamore and Harpeth will both be handed their second district losses of the season. Not making any promises Waverly can pull it off, but i'm banking on it being an intense game. Waverly has the home court, but I can also see that not being a factor for Harpeth and them bringing more intensity than they did at their house.

Cheatham by 5

Waverly by 2

Mont Cent by 20

Wouldn't want to be next on Cheatham's schedule after them losing two in a row. It's possible Sycamore and Harpeth will both be handed their second district losses of the season. Not making any promises Waverly can pull it off, but i'm banking on it being an intense game. Waverly has the home court, but I can also see that not being a factor for Harpeth and them bringing more intensity than they did at their house.

Cheatham by 5

Waverly by 2

Mont Cent by 20

With out Waverly's leading scorer dont ocunt on Waverly pulling anything out of there butts against Harpeth. Harpeth will probably hand Waverly what there 6th loss in the district??

I would pick Waverly over Harpeth Friday, but Waverly will be without Ashley Mullinax who is their leading scorer. She is going to miss just this game because she is in Ms. Tennessee contest. But don't underestimate the rest of the team. She is not the whole team so don't get me wrong. But it is extemely difficult to pick up 18 points a game. The rest of the team is capable and could pull together and win it but someone will have to step up. They played very well tonight and completely dominated Montgomery Central. This is a tough District and any of the teams can win the tournament except Stewart County.

Ohhhh didn't know Mullinax would be missing, and unfortunately that changes things a bit. Recently she has really been getting the teams momemtum rolling and without their go to player it will be hard for Waverly to pull it out! She had 9 agaisnt Harpeth last time.

:thumb::D:D please tell me your not saying that, waverly girls can beat harpeth girls HAHA!! wow this person has jokes. all we have to do is give Mendenhall or Flippo the ball and the game is over WE WIN! there is no way. keep dreaming.

Yes, I agree. Waverly can beat Harpeth. I know Harpeth blew them out at Harpeth by a whole 5 points. In fact, if Waverly doesn't miss all those free throws in the first game, it would have happened the first meeting. 7-17 from the line in the fourth quarter alone and some of those the front ends of one and one. Waverly has the talent to do that and it is not over this year. Mullinax is all the Tigerettes lose off of this year's team. They may still pull it off without Mullinax, so don't count your chickens.

Edited by papatiger