District 11aa

wareagleblue

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt realize that Mullinax was averaging 18 ppg. The Tennessean has her at 13. I guess more props should have been thrown in the direction of Harpeth last time they played Waverly for holding one of the mid-states top scores (18 ppg would have her in the top 15) below double figures. Harpeth played like a team with something to prove tonight, not sure that Waverly would have pulled this one out anyway, and as for Burlison, she was completely a non-factor the first time these teams met. She played but did not attempt a shot. If Harpeth can build on this one they will be heading in the right direction. They scored anywhere they wanted and played outstanding defense. Good game Harpeth, glad to see you are back on track, I guess you were off track by some people's standards.

Edited by aj1133

I didnt realize that Mullinax was averaging 18 ppg. The Tennessean has her at 13. I guess more props should have been thrown in the direction of Harpeth last time they played Waverly for holding one of the mid-states top scores (18 ppg would have her in the top 15) below double figures. Harpeth played like a team with something to prove tonight, not sure that Waverly would have pulled this one out anyway, and as for Burlison, she was completely a non-factor the first time these teams met. She played but did not attempt a shot. If Harpeth can build on this one they will be heading in the right direction. They scored anywhere they wanted and played outstanding defense. Good game Harpeth, glad to see you are back on track, I guess you were off track by some people's standards.

Yea no joke "off track" I think some people had them off track for the whole season with a 18-3 record, but it doesnt really matter if we are winning games now does it? Good job Harpeth, and lets get ready for Mont Cent for Tuesday, that will be a big game. :thumb:

With the CC victory Harpeth moves to the top of the standings. Cheatham's defense was impressive in tonight's victory. The absence of the ballhandling of Jill Covington was noticeable in the game. Cheatham 60-39.

Where is Covington I noticed she wasn't in the box scores tonight?

Also, Harpeth played with intensity of last years team tonight and if they keep that momentum rolling they are set. I have no idea what Mullinax is averaging but I know that the Tennesseans stats are not correct. Burlison is not a scoring threat really but she was missed because of depth from Waverly's bench. Waverly was working with 6 players tonight and It was noticable. Mullinax was missed greatly, but with the way Harpeth played tonight they had any contest in the bag. Props to Phennessee for picking up the slack tonight. Salem could not miss either.