District 11aa

wareagleblue

Cheatham County fell behind early and then battled back to actually take the lead after being behind double figures. Harpeth found a way to escape and lock up the number spot for the district tournament. This was a very exciting game down the stretch as was the boys game. Cost of the game well worth the price of admission.

Bring on the district tournament.

What night are the play-in games on?

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is how it ends up we could see a Waverly upset like last year, putting Cheatham home early. UH OH.

I really dont think that would happen, but Waverly has Coach Carr's number.

Congratulations to Coach Johnson on his first win over Coach Carr, I know that was very exciting for you. And I hope there will be plenty where that came from.

I think the two teams playing the best ball in the District right now is Creek Wood and Waverly. Yes, Waverly can and will beat Cheatham I think on the last game of the schedule. Waverly's senior night. They beat Sycamore last night without a starter. These girls are peaking right now at the right time. And the good news for Waverly and bad news for everyone else, they only lose one player to graduation.

Theoretically Harpeth should win both District and Region.

To borrow a quote from Lee Corso who I don't like, "Not so fast my friend"

I think the two teams playing the best ball in the District right now is Creek Wood and Waverly. Yes, Waverly can and will beat Cheatham I think on the last game of the schedule. Waverly's senior night. They beat Sycamore last night without a starter. These girls are peaking right now at the right time. And the good news for Waverly and bad news for everyone else, they only lose one player to graduation.

To borrow a quote from Lee Corso who I don't like, "Not so fast my friend"

A little hate towards Harpeth, its ok I am really sorry we had to beat you all by 30 points the last time we played yall, just to prove you were not on Harpeths level. And how are you going to say CW and Waverly of all teams are playing better than Harpeth right now?? Answer me that one.

A little hate towards Harpeth, its ok I am really sorry we had to beat you all by 30 points the last time we played yall, just to prove you were not on Harpeths level. And how are you going to say CW and Waverly of all teams are playing better than Harpeth right now?? Answer me that one.

First of all. The first contest between the two was a five point difference with WAverly missing 10 free throws in the fourth period. We lost it, our fault.

Yes, you won by 30 the last time. But Mullinax, the leading scorer for the Tigerettes and who is one of the better defenders wasn't playing and the main sub off the bench was out with an injury. both are back now.

I don't have any hate for Harpeth. They are a very good team. but I think any of the teams 1-7 can beat the other on any given night. I think the District is that even. No one is head and shoulders above the rest. I do think Harpeth is the best team in the District, but there is so little difference in all of the teams no one can count their chickens, as the saying goes. Should be a fun District tournament.

I have to agree, Harpeth has won 10 straight games including beating Waverly by 30 at Waverly. I give Waverly credit as they have won 5 straight games, but who have they beaten; Camden, Fairview, Stewart County, Montgomery Central and a Sycamore team who has lost 5 or 6 straight. That's not exactly 5 impressive wins. Now, they have both Cheatham and Creek Wood at Waverly and if they win those games we'll start talking. If not, I don't see Waverly making it to Cheatham County with the rest of us for the district tournament. I do hope Waverly makes it to region because maybe they can upset someone from the other district since the region is at Waverly. If not, then ya'll can root for all the Cheatham County schools.

Waverly played their best game of the year agaisnt Sycamore, they really impressed me Friday night lacking their best defensive player also. I would say Waverly is peaking at the right time. Harpeth and Creek Wood are both on winning streaks and Cheatham looks to have gotten back on track. What is up with Sycamore though? Friday all the girls seemed upset on the court and their play was not smooth. Harpeth is the only team guaranteed a spot in regions however and two teams from the 3-6 seedings are going to be really upset. I would not want to play anyone opening round. I would love to see Harpeth, Creek Wood, Waverly, Montogomery Central in the region tourney but who knows.... this district is all about match-ups.

Edited by utvols04

I have to agree, Harpeth has won 10 straight games including beating Waverly by 30 at Waverly. I give Waverly credit as they have won 5 straight games, but who have they beaten; Camden, Fairview, Stewart County, Montgomery Central and a Sycamore team who has lost 5 or 6 straight. That's not exactly 5 impressive wins. Now, they have both Cheatham and Creek Wood at Waverly and if they win those games we'll start talking. If not, I don't see Waverly making it to Cheatham County with the rest of us for the district tournament. I do hope Waverly makes it to region because maybe they can upset someone from the other district since the region is at Waverly. If not, then ya'll can root for all the Cheatham County schools.

As I said above. the 30 pt win wasn't indicative of the closeness of the two teams since the Tigerettes leading scorer and a very good defensive player, along with the number 1 sub were out of the game. 1-7 are very close to each other and anyone can beat anyone. It's going to be a great District tournament.