District 11aa

wareagleblue

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HHS#1 fan

I don't think always necessarily believe the predictions that they make. I think they sometimes make predictions with their hearts and not with their heads.

Harpeth clearly had the two best returning players in the district in Mendenhall and Richardson. How could somebody legitimately pick them to finish fourth.

well i'll say this when i put that the quotations meant i was being sarcastic im sry if that was a misunderstanding that was a shot at the ppl who didn't pick them i'm sry if i offended u

A very good game in a tremendous atmosphere.

Harpeth actually got physical in the paint and stepped their D down the stretch. Saw great help on the baseline.

It's been a pleasure watching this group over the last 10 years or so. Thanks ladies.

Great to talk to you tonight RollTide. By the way, did you happen to see Mr. J. Chester tonight, with whom you went to school and played ball?

Edited by Slube

HHS#1 fan

I don't think always necessarily believe the predictions that they make. I think they sometimes make predictions with their hearts and not with their heads.

Harpeth clearly had the two best returning players in the district in Mendenhall and Richardson. How could somebody legitimately pick them to finish fourth.

Yea I understand, but I honestly think some people thought that is all we had. And that Sycamore would be able to run us out of the gym, and that Coach Johnson didnt know what he was talking about and wasnt going to be a good coach.

I agree, Sycamore was getting talked up a lot at the beginning of the season. They should be better at this point in the season and I wonder what's going on. But yeah everyone knew Harpeth was gonna be the team to beat, but a lot of ppl wanted to see Sycamore run the table.

who are alot of these people.... we on the south of the county knew harpeth was going to run it and it shows with a 3 game lead in districts at the end of the season! :rolleyes:

Our girls are finally playing like a team. Coach Johnson stepped into a situation....He has done a great job and continues to encourage each player, something they weren't use to hearing. Keep it up Lady Indians. We'll be there yelling for you all the way to State. Keep the faith and keep playing as a team. :D:D;)

who are alot of these people.... we on the south of the county knew harpeth was going to run it and it shows with a 3 game lead in districts at the end of the season! ;)

You've got a good team and some good athletes. I don't think the other district will give you any problem at regions, however you are going to have to step it up at substate and beyond from what I saw the one time I saw you play this year, and have heard from others you have played. You're gonna have to have some more presence in the middle working the paint, Mandy and Richardson alone won't be enough to carry you through the state, but good luck anyways.

This is not a two person team. I'm not sure which game you were able to attend or who you get your information from, but Harpeth is solid 1 thru 4 and the 5 position is really improving. Stephanie Lawrence and Holli Flippo are great compliments to Salem and Mandy and are having great seasons, Flippo averages a double-double. The post position was a worry but they have been making tremendous strides in the last month and played very well against Sycamore and Montgomery Central in their last two district games. This is a team that is still working very hard and looks like they could peak at just the right time. First step will be to win the district tournament, something that as good as the past teams have been, they have yet to accomplish with this group of seniors. Try to make it to a couple of games. This team is worth the price of admission.

Edited by aj1133

You've got a good team and some good athletes. I don't think the other district will give you any problem at regions, however you are going to have to step it up at substate and beyond from what I saw the one time I saw you play this year, and have heard from others you have played. You're gonna have to have some more presence in the middle working the paint, Mandy and Richardson alone won't be enough to carry you through the state, but good luck anyways.

Our post presence has stepped up, as you probably know we have two Carly Miller and Emily Erland and sometimes Sonia Harrison, in the last 5 games they have stepped it up and averaged around 14 points a game. They are getting a little more physical as time goes on and not to mention this is both there first year for varsity time for Harpeth. They are young, and learning. I guarantee in the next year or two we will be talking about the twin towers. And you can count on Harrison gaurding any big girl you throw out there, right now she is our physical post. ;)

Not to mention we have holli flippo that puts up great numbers for an X-Factor that she is.

District 12aa is a very tough district, I hope we make it out of regions, because after that it is in fact defense that will get us through what we need to get through. Coach Johnson has the tools and the mentality to win state this year, IMHO, it will be tough and I know there are some good teams out there, but we have a very tough group of girls, and mandy will do what ever it takes to win it all this year. :D