District 11aa

wareagleblue

I saw Liberty Tech play Camden during the season. Late during the season. They didn't impress me. They have some size but they are lazy on the court, especially offensive side. I think any of our top 6 teams could have won that District.

Saying that, I think it will be an all 11AA final in the region for girls. Not so lucky for boys IMO.

I doubt that everyone of your top 6 would have won the district. Your 3 seed Creekwood is already 0-2 against 12AA and McNairy Central and Liberty only had two district loses.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt that everyone of your top 6 would have won the district. Your 3 seed Creekwood is already 0-2 against 12AA and McNairy Central and Liberty only had two district loses.

I'm not from Creek Wood, but they did play without their best player for most of the year. She is back now. I don't doubt that any of the top 6 would do it. Unless Liberty Tech has some magical new formula other than what I saw.

Waverly which finished no. 6 beat McNairy in summer pretty soundly without some of their players.

Edited by papatiger

I'm not from Creek Wood, but they did play without their best player for most of the year. She is back now. I don't doubt that any of the top 6 would do it. Unless Liberty Tech has some magical new formula other than what I saw.

Waverly which finished no. 6 beat McNairy in summer pretty soundly without some of their players.

I doubt that McNairy had Crayton in the summer because she was coming off ACL surgury and she is their best player. Boehler has been out all summer and season except the last five games and she was all district and I believe 3rd team All West TN last year. Plus Erika Wright who had over 1200 points coming into this season tore her ACL in the 1st of December. I've saw alot of teams beat other teams in the summer and when the season starts they got ran out of the building by the that same team they beat. I'm not saying it is going to happen to Waverly or anybody in 11AA but it is not going to be as easy as you think. I remember last year some were thinking 11AA was going to run through 12AA but 12AA won 3 out of 4 and McNairy, Liberty, and Southside return all of their key players from last year.

I doubt that McNairy had Crayton in the summer because she was coming off ACL surgury and she is their best player. Boehler has been out all summer and season except the last five games and she was all district and I believe 3rd team All West TN last year. Plus Erika Wright who had over 1200 points coming into this season tore her ACL in the 1st of December. I've saw alot of teams beat other teams in the summer and when the season starts they got ran out of the building by the that same team they beat. I'm not saying it is going to happen to Waverly or anybody in 11AA but it is not going to be as easy as you think. I remember last year some were thinking 11AA was going to run through 12AA but 12AA won 3 out of 4 and McNairy, Liberty, and Southside return all of their key players from last year.

True. We'll just have to wait and see. I was going on what I saw from the Liberty Tech girls, and they just don't impress me. That's the reason though they play the games. We'll all see at Waverly. I just hope the Tigerettes will be able to play on their home floor. Should be a great tournament.

I know what your saying about Liberty. I have saw them in some games where most of the team is just standing around on offense. I agree and said before for, I think all four 1st round games are going to be close. When the district tournaments are over and we start a Region 6AA thread we can give a breakdown on each of our four teams.

Cheatham Co. won 63-41

Harpeth won 43-20. Our varsity gave up around 8 points, Mandy had 15, I really wish she would shoot the ball around 5 or 10 more times, because she is COLD!!!! Stephanie Lawrence came back tonight and had 8 with two three's. There number 32 had 4 fouls in the first half, and they did less with out her(which wasnt much at all). But Harpeth will be ready for tomorrow. BOOK IT

The officiating was terrible at Creek Wood. The officials took control of the game and took a well played close game by both teams and turn it into a free throw shooting contest for Creek Wood. Creek Wood hit 28-31 free throws in the game, 15-16 in the fourth quarter. Franklin hit 15-15 at the line in the second half alone. Now before everyone starts yelling I'm crying because Waverly lost. I admit that Waverly committed their fouls. But the officials didn't call the same thing on the other end of the court. 21 fouls on Waverly, 6 on Creek Wood for the whole game. Waverly shot 2 free throws for the whole game. ONe call saw a Waverly girl tripped and she fell to the floor right in front of the referee. The Adams girl consistently went over the back for rebounds.

I'm not taking anything away from Creek Wood, they played a great game and have a great coach. Just wish it would have been left to the kids on the floor. Good luck the rest of the way Creek Wood.