District 11aa

wareagleblue

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How in the world does Ashley Mullinax get left off the all District team? She averaged around 14 a game and was Waverly's go to player. Mullinax was better than half of those chosen.

Does all district get watered down with 16 choices for an all district team? I mean 16 out of a possible 40 starters in the district make the all district team. Why not have a 5 player first team and a 5 player second team. Why do some schools get 4 players while other schools only get one? So if you have a bad team then regardless if you have two players who deserve the all district you only get one player? As for all tournament, pick a 5 person all tournament team...it is watered down also. I do think the mvp and mvp of tourny was correct though.

Does all district get watered down with 16 choices for an all district team? I mean 16 out of a possible 40 starters in the district make the all district team. Why not have a 5 player first team and a 5 player second team. Why do some schools get 4 players while other schools only get one? So if you have a bad team then regardless if you have two players who deserve the all district you only get one player? As for all tournament, pick a 5 person all tournament team...it is watered down also. I do think the mvp and mvp of tourny was correct though.

I'm with ya there phil. Never understood this system.

Slube

My partner was a student from Sycamore High School. He has been helping their team the last couple of years.

What an evening of basketball. Let's start with the clutch free throws that Shawna Ellis made. 3 for 3 to send the game into OT. 2 of 2 to send the game to the second OT. That is clutch in my book. A 4 overtime game. I wasn't expecting that, but what a game. Congrats to Sycamore on the win.

The championship looked like it could be a let down after the 1st game. The Lady Cubs would not quit and forced OT. Harpeth did everything they needed to do to win and deserve the congratulation on their championship.

CreekWood and Cheatham County should be recognized for their efforts as well. All four teams played extremely hard this evening.

Lady Indians, I just about had a heart attack! You came on strong and held in there. You played like a team tonight. You have come a long way since last season. Congrats to all of you....you all deserve a trophy. Keep it up. Congrats to Coach Johnson being selected MVCoach. The fans were there tonight too. You are awesome. What a great student body. Congratulations to the other county teams too. What an honor, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in the district. That's something our County should be proud of. Keep supporting our local teams. All the way to STATE.......... :blink:

For a coach who cant get his players to "respond", has "no clue how to motivate", is "an idiot for disciplining his players", and "has coached the girls out of reaching their potential" I would say Coach Johnson has done a pretty good job this season. He avoided the "Sycamore sweep" and instead his team swept the season and tourney titles. I guess he was able to handle the "internal factors" and keep his team from "imploding". If I had to guess the "lovefest" has continued past December and will continue for years to come. Congrats to the Lady Indians and Coach J

:blink:

For a coach who cant get his players to "respond", has "no clue how to motivate", is "an idiot for disciplining his players", and "has coached the girls out of reaching their potential" I would say Coach Johnson has done a pretty good job this season. He avoided the "Sycamore sweep" and instead his team swept the season and tourney titles. I guess he was able to handle the "internal factors" and keep his team from "imploding". If I had to guess the "lovefest" has continued past December and will continue for years to come. Congrats to the Lady Indians and Coach J

:blink: That is good, the funny thing is all those quotes were from wareaglesfan.