District 11aa

wareagleblue

Stephanie Lawrence. Harpeth is experienced and the 2 teams have split during the season, so upset isn't the best choice of words. The Lady Cubs can beat Harpeth, but Harpeth has alot at stake too with region seeding. It'll be a good game. Harpeth has alot of weapons. They need to minimize Cheatham's offensive rebounds and be a little more physical in the paint. It's getting there. :)

Edited by ksgovols

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought a key reason Harpeth defeated Sycamore last night was the play of their post players. Yes Richardson and Mendenhall did lead in point totals, but I thought the trio of Miller, Harrison, and Erland, played well defensively against the taller Thompson.

I didn't make it to last night's game. Harpeth's middle school teams were in the TMSAA sectionals, but the Achille's heel that I referred to earlier in the season (shoot, earlier in the month), was their post play. I have seen them step up since the last Cheatham game when they got schooled in the paint and killed on offensive rebounds. It looks like that has been a point of emphasis since that game. That bodes well for where they want to go. There will be physical posts in the big dance. :)

Richardson, Mendenhall, Flippo, & #23 (sorry can't remember her name) ALL have more playing experience than many on Cheatham's team. Carr has a coaching edge in that dept. over Johnson but Johnson's players have the experience factor by far. The only senior for the Lady Cubs that will be on the floor tonight is Forsythe.

I've said all along that if you are going to get the Lady Cubs it had better be this year because in 2007-2008 all I have got to say is LOOK OUT!!!!!

I agree that the cubs are younger, but they do have around 3 or 4 players that have played since there freshman year.

Harpeth Lady Indians win in overtime over Cheatham County by 2 points. Great thriller of a game that was exactly what we expected from these two teams and showed what makes this district so fun to watch. Sycamore also entertained us with a 4OT game in which they finally won in that last OT. Congratulations to Coach Derrick and Coach Johnson on their wins this evening. Edited by bb2552

WOW! I couldn't have picked a better night to sit at home and listen to the games. My blood pressure would be through the roof had I been there, it's high enough just listening.

Great broadcast guys. Rolltide, who was your broadcast partner tonight?

Congrats to Harpeth and Sycamore on their wins, and thanks to all 4 teams for providing us a great night of basketball.

11AA MVP -- Mendenhall

11AA COY -- Johnson

Tournament MVP -- Richardson

As Rolltide said, "...gonna have to get a van for all the hardware," or something like that.

Edited by Slube

All District Team

Carder-Stewart Co.

Flake- Mont Central

Phennessee-Waverly

Caldwell-Fairview

Covington-Sycamore

Parker-Sycamore

Doty-Cheatham

Hunter-Cheatham

Forsythe-Cheatham

Fayette-Creek Wood

Adams- Creek Wood

Franklin- Creek Wood

Richardson- Harpeth

Flippo-Harpeth

Lawrence-Harpeth

MVP--- MANDY MENDENHALL---HARPETH

COY--Johnson--Harpeth

All Tournament Team

Fayette- CW

Darden-CW

Covington-Sycamore

Ellis--Sycamore

Doty--Cheatham Co

Hunter--Cheatham Co

Forsythe-- Cheatham Co

Lawrence--Harpeth

Mendenhall-Harpeth

Flippo--Harpeth

MVP---SALEM RICHARDSON---HARPETH

All District Team

Carder-Stewart Co.

Flake- Mont Central

Phennessee-Waverly

Caldwell-Fairview

Covington-Sycamore

Parker-Sycamore

Doty-Cheatham

Hunter-Cheatham

Forsythe-Cheatham

Fayette-Creek Wood

Adams- Creek Wood

Franklin- Creek Wood

Richardson- Harpeth

Flippo-Harpeth

Lawrence-Harpeth

MVP--- MANDY MENDENHALL---HARPETH

COY--Johnson--Harpeth

All Tournament Team

Fayette- CW

Darden-CW

Covington-Sycamore

Ellis--Sycamore

Doty--Cheatham Co

Hunter--Cheatham Co

Forsythe-- Cheatham Co

Lawrence--Harpeth

Mendenhall-Harpeth

Flippo--Harpeth

MVP---SALEM RICHARDSON---HARPETH

Disappointed with the snub of Ms. Thompson from Sycamore. Should have been on both lists. Solid performer in the paint all year long.

How in the world does Ashley Mullinax get left off the all District team? She averaged around 14 a game and was Waverly's go to player. Mullinax was better than half of those chosen.

I would have given her the nod over Phennessee for the regular season team as well.

Edited by Slube