District 11aa

wareagleblue

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Region 6 AA tournament is not an all District 11 final,everyone in that area should be ashamed .This is the weakest you will ever catch District 12.Only McNairy has a real chance.South Side is young and will be a team to watch next year,Liberty is missing some vital parts to their game but might have one more great game left in them and Lexington is getting better,but has too many young people to be a serious threat (could they have the eye of the Tiger )...Sycamore and Harpeth are loaded with experienced players and Cheatham Co. is a power of the future with a great young team.Creekwood has experience and a Lambuth signee.

11 AA will take three games for sure,but beware of the Lady Bobcats,they are better than you think.Watch out for the Blue Nation,the team and Coach Lott.They know how to win.

If the Region 6 AA tournament is not an all District 11 final,everyone in that area should be ashamed .This is the weakest you will ever catch District 12.Only McNairy has a real chance.South Side is young and will be a team to watch next year,Liberty is missing some vital parts to their game but might have one more great game left in them and Lexington is getting better,but has too many young people to be a serious threat (could they have the eye of the Tiger )...Sycamore and Harpeth are loaded with experienced players and Cheatham Co. is a power of the future with a great young team.Creekwood has experience and a Lambuth signee.

11 AA will take three games for sure,but beware of the Lady Bobcats,they are better than you think.Watch out for the Blue Nation,the team and Coach Lott.They know how to win.

Just wondering, how does McNairy's team this year compare to their team last year? Did they lose any key players last year, add new ones this year?

I'll give some info on McNairy.

They returned all their key players from last year. One player 11AA didn't see lasy year was Eboni Crayton and she is their best player and this year's District MVP. However, they have not played with their whole team this year. Erika Wright tore her ACL and knee cartilage in the first of Dec. She tried playing through it in early Jan but hurt it the 1st game back. She has been rehabbing it and I heard she might play at somepoint in the Region. Meribeth Boehler, a 6'2 Freed-Hardeman signee, missed all of the season but the last 6 or 7 games. She is getting back into game shape and starting to play like last year. Markita Cole was good last year but she really stepped up in the absence of these two players. She went for 36 in the District Championship. Samantha Burns 6'0 Soph, stepped up and gained alot of experience in the post while Boehler was out. She has good defense but her offense is inconsistant. Also in the absence of the starters, Jill Brock, Carnisha Loving, and Kelisha Burns have played well at the guard spot and really have given McNairy some outside threats which they lacked last year. Brianna Holt is another soph that has seen alot of time this year but mainly for her defense. If Erika comes back, McNairy will play about nine players.

Info on the other teams:

Liberty-They are quick and have some size. Returned their three main players from last year. Jarrett, a Bethel signee, is a really quick guard who can drive to the basket or shoot the outside shot. Irish McDonald is quick and has a really good pull up jumper. Eboni Prather is a big post player for them and can cause some problems for the other team. Sometimes they don't play with aggrasively but when they do they are a good team.

Southside- They are athletic and also have some size. They rebound the ball really well and can kill teams with 2nd or 3rd chances. I think Kayla Merriweather is the best player. She can post up or shoot the ball outside.She has a little sister who is pretty good and I think Neely is the other player that can score for them. They have about 2 players who come in just to shoot the three.

Lexington- They are pretty quick but are young. They have some guards who can really score. I can't recall their names though. The trouble Lexington has is they don't have alot of experience in the post.

If I had to compare them to last year's team then I would say 1. McNairy is better than last year, 2 Liberty is better than the 2 seed of Chester Co, 3 Southside is about the same as last year, and 4 Lexington is not as good as last year's 4 seed in Liberty.

Good Luck to everyone tonight and everybody drive safely.

Edited by LetMeHearYA

Congrats to the Lady Cubs!! They're the only team left out of 11aa and it only serves to show that Coach Carr is the coach of the year in my mind. Everybody thought it was going to be a rebuilding year and he's turned that team into maybe getting a substate birth!! I'll be there tomorrow night and everybody from Cheatham should be there rooting them on!!

Congrats to the Lady Cubs!! They're the only team left out of 11aa and it only serves to show that Coach Carr is the coach of the year in my mind. Everybody thought it was going to be a rebuilding year and he's turned that team into maybe getting a substate birth!! I'll be there tomorrow night and everybody from Cheatham should be there rooting them on!!

DITTO!!!!!

Good Luck Lady Cubs!!!!!

GO GET 'EM!!!!!!

Phil Carr

Ed Derrick

Drew Johnson

ALL THREE OF THESE GUYS ARE EXCELLENT BASKETBALL COACHES WHOSE PROGRAMS WILL HAVE TO BE RECKONED WITH YEAR IN & YEAR OUT BY ANYONE WHO'S HOPING TO BE A STATE CONTENDER IN CLASS AA!!!!!

Ed Derrick? You're crazy!

I'm not bashing Coach Johnson. He is a great guy who has a long prosperous coaching career ahead of him. I just disagree with him getting COY award. I would've like to have seen someone more established as a coach in the district receive it, like Carr or Mullinicks.

Also, just from rumors (and you know how Cheatham Co is w/ rumors), I heard Coach Carr was retiring after this year? Can anyone confirm this? If this is the case, who would take over the program? The middle school coach (forgive me, I do no know his name)? Or would Coach Drew Johnson consider returning to his ol' alma mater???

Coach of the year? HAHA, dont make me laugh. He has talent and a "COACH OF THE YEAR" takes no talent and wins. Anyone with talent can win. You got boat loads on that team. I'm a 9th grader at SHS and know just enough about B-Ball to get smacked but even I know theres talent there! Coach of the year wuld be Creekwood's. haha, you thought I would say Derrick right? WRONG! Hurry up and move on so we can get Rochelle to step up. Derrick had boat loads of talent to and lost, what a joke and trust me he's no better teacher. retraction - atleast he shows up to coach.