District 11aa

wareagleblue

The boys game ALWAYS starts right after the girls game. :lol: I'd like to see a little more physical play in the post for the Lady Indians. They're going to need that to get where they want to go.

What's 12AA got this year headed into regions guys?

Mcnairy is pretty good, and from what people have said Lexington and JSS are pretty good as well.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 NWTF 08 - I will have to disagree whole heartedly with your last point, Waverly, nor any other team that Harpeth has played this year has shut Mendenhall down. She is a very intelligent player and realizes during the course of the game that she can benefit the team nore at times by distributing the basketball and getting her teammates involved. that is what makes her such a special player. Maybe one of the most important improvements to her game is that she has gained the intelligence to understand when she is needed to score or when she is helping the team more by drawing the defense and finding the open player. This is a sign of a great high school basketball player and boy does she have so many fooled that believed she could only score. She has the total package and those who are just watching the box score and ppg average are missing one heck of a player.

Waverly is now tied with Montgomery Central at 6-6 in the district because they beat Fairview tonight.

NEWLY UPDATED 11AA STANDINGS:

1.) Harpeth (11-1)*

2.) Creek Wood (9-3)

3.) Cheatham Co. (7-4)

4.) Sycamore (7-5)

5.) Montgomery Central (6-6)

5.) Waverly Central (6-6)

7.) Fairview (2-10)

8.) Stewart Co. (0-13)

THE RACE FROM #'S 2-6 ARE AS TIGHT AS IT GETS FOLKS!!!!!

I can understand you being a homer since you broadcast for Waverly, but please...so many excuses, guarantees and ridiculous statements especially considering Waverly still has a losing record. When is the last time they have even had a winning record. Like I said earlier, if they win their play in game and make it to the district tournament then maybe I'll start buying a little of what you're trying to sell about your team. I don't think all the other district teams are shaking in their boots worrying about playing Waverly like you think they are. I would rather play Stewart County and Fairview, then after that Waverly or maybe Montgomery Central. If you do end up broadcasting some of the region games I'll look forward to hearing how you are on the radio. I do hope Waverly can upset Creek Wood and Cheatham.

It's in the works that we will cover the Cheatham games for our sister station. I'm not being a homer, I am biased towards my team, but I'm a realist too. I said in some earlier posts that Harpeth had the best team. But I don't think they are a lot above the other 2-5. Waverly is playing really well although they didn't play well tonight and even got the W over Fairview by 14. I think Waverly will contend for the District Championship. They may not do it, but I don't see them being blown out any more this year. The Tigerettes are 11-11 now 6-6 in District. We lost to Harpeth by 6, Cheatham by 4, Creekwood by 1 (blowing a 10 pt. lead in the 4th). They lost a game they blew a lead to Hickman County AAA by 2. So they could easily be 15-7, 9-3 in District. But if and buts, etc. I know. But just pointing out things could turn on a dime.

Edited by papatiger

Chill guys, HHS#1 and papatiger, you are both very BIASED towards your teams and seem to be a little blinded because of that.

If Harpeth plays their best game possible, they are 15-25 points better than ANY team in the distcrict, maybe 10-15 better than CCCHS. Don't forget I said "BEST GAME POSSIBLE." It just doesn't happen often enough for them to advance much further than districts this year, sorry HHS1, but it's the truth.

If they don't play their BGP, they're lucky to squeeze out a 5 point victory against an average Waverly team. Sorry papa, but it's the truth.

That being said, I just don't see Harpeth winning the district tournament, and I certainly don't see Waverly winning it.

"Talent-wise" and athlecticlly, just in Mendenhall and Richardson alone, Harpeth has the edge above the other district teams, IMHO.

Too many games this season, however, I've seen things that will keep this team from winning the region, they may take 2nd, but I doubt it. I won't go into all the ins and outs of my opinion (it is just that after all), but they're just not going to enjoy the success they've had the last year or two.

I applaude Coach Johnson for the job he has done this year and I think he will ultimately get this program to the next "level." He has taught this team something they didn't know about the last few years, defense. If he could only get Mandy to buy into it EVERY trip down the floor. I can recall 6 points, just off the top of my head, that could have been prevented Friday night had she just executed her help responsibility.

Harpeth will suffer a couple of down years, as far as wins and losses go. Losing these 3 seniors is just going to be difficult to overcome, no matter what's coming from across the street and what's coming back.

Waverly will be a force next year, as will Sycamore, but I don't think they can sustain the level of play the have been playing at come tournament time this year.

My prediction going into regionals is;

1-CCCHS

2-Harpeth

3-Sycamore

4-Creek Wood

By the way, I'm usually standing next to the gym doors by the home bench for Harpeth home games if BC or papa would like to introduce themselves. I met ELA and Pageman a couple of years ago, but have never had the pleasure of meeting anyone else. I'm tall (6'5), close-cropped (mustache and goatee) and usually have a Razorbacks or blue Harpeth basketball shirt on. It would be a pleasure to meet anyone, not just you two. If you're lucky you'll get to meet KSGOVOLS (What time does the boys game start?) as well. Name is Slube (Sloob), but will also answer to William.

All this being said, I worry for Harpeth at this point in the season. They will get to regions, I just don't think they can overcome their roadblocks and get beyond that.

Would like to meet you if we come back to Harpeth. If you come to Waverly, I am up in the balcony with the radio station broadcasting the games usually. We have to split time with McEwen. If we are not broadcasting, I am sitting on front row next to the student section taking pictures and notes for the local newspaper. I'll be wearing a blue Tiger hat and blue coat. I am 6'4", have a beard. Maybe we can meet. Love to chat with you. It's nice to meet everyone around the District.

Cheatham County has a difficult road to get to that spot Slube. Their remaining district games are anything but givens.

Playing the tournament at home is a good thing for a young CCHS team. Their only loss at home was the 2 point loss to Harpeth on Friday night.

I should have said that's how I thought the order of finish in the district tournament, not the seeding for the region tourn.

First off this isnt a dating hot line.!. B) j/k

ANd I think you try not to be "Biased" in your opinion, so you put Harpeth down. I understand that they have some weaknesses, but it hasnt failed them except for in one game. Mandy's defense isnt the best, but neither is Kobe Bryants. Last year Harpeth didnt win District and they won Regionals, so I am not really worried about winning Districts. Because it wasnt the end of the world last year, I dont think it will be this year. :)

Also teams dont play there "bgp" every night, usually they play that game 3 or 4 times a season, if that. Harpeth has yet to play that game, and in regions Many explodes every year, and you can count on Mandy blowing the roof off at Waverly. In my Biased opinion.

Ha, Ha. B)

I have yet to put Harpeth down. There's a difference between honesty and putting them down. A few years from now, when you're sitting on the other side on the gym, not wearing the red and blue socks, watching the game you may understand.

Mandy plays much better defense than Kobe does, everyone knows that. I'm not speaking about her overall defense. Her defense has improved tremendously since Coach Johnson has been here. I commented many times about that, you have heard me, ks can vouge as well. She's proven she can be the total package.

No doubt about it, Mandy will probably put on a show as she has before come regionals, but will they be able to hold someone under 45 points? It's never been the offense that has kept them from moving on to state.

I would love to see them peak at the right time, I will serve myself up a good old heaping helping of crow and let you watch me eat it. :lol:

papatiger, I'll be looking for ya.

Ha, Ha. :lol:

I have yet to put Harpeth down. There's a difference between honesty and putting them down. A few years from now, when you're sitting on the other side on the gym, not wearing the red and blue socks, watching the game you may understand.

Mandy plays much better defense than Kobe does, everyone knows that. I'm not speaking about her overall defense. Her defense has improved tremendously since Coach Johnson has been here. I commented many times about that, you have heard me, ks can vouge as well. She's proven she can be the total package.

No doubt about it, Mandy will probably put on a show as she has before come regionals, but will they be able to hold someone under 45 points? It's never been the offense that has kept them from moving on to state.

I would love to see them peak at the right time, I will serve myself up a good old heaping helping of crow and let you watch me eat it. :)

papatiger, I'll be looking for ya.

Random comment, but we do know that Kobe has been a multiple year NBA All-Defensive team member right? But, yes, Mandy is amuch better defensive player than I heard she was in the past, and it has helped improve her overall game for the nexy level.

Edited by smittygk00

15 NWTF 08 - I will have to disagree whole heartedly with your last point, Waverly, nor any other team that Harpeth has played this year has shut Mendenhall down. She is a very intelligent player and realizes during the course of the game that she can benefit the team nore at times by distributing the basketball and getting her teammates involved. that is what makes her such a special player. Maybe one of the most important improvements to her game is that she has gained the intelligence to understand when she is needed to score or when she is helping the team more by drawing the defense and finding the open player. This is a sign of a great high school basketball player and boy does she have so many fooled that believed she could only score. She has the total package and those who are just watching the box score and ppg average are missing one heck of a player.

I misinterpreted myself that time, lol. Mendenhall is an outstanding player, no doubt about it. My biased opinion just got in the way of things, I apologize. She has improved, me and the girls that play for waverly talk about how good she is, and what she does to help her team all of the time. I guess me being a fan from Waverly just noticed that Salem was doing everything with the ball, and Mendenhall was drawing the defense towards her. I mean, if I had to play against Mendenhall, I would put a person or two a little closer to her as well...lol

Random comment, but we do know that Kobe has been a multiple year NBA All-Defensive team member right? But, yes, Mandy is amuch better defensive player than I heard she was in the past, and it has helped improve her overall game for the nexy level.

There was sarcasm oozing from my fingers as I typed that.

The NBA and no defense is a misconception I debate with people all the time. The majority of people I talk sports with don't watch the NBA because of the lack of defense. They refuse to understand, see my point of view, that if they did not play defense we would see routine nightly scores of 169-157. They are the best basketball players in the world after all.

Edited by Slube