District 11aa

wareagleblue

Salem was decent when we played at Harpeth, Mendenhall was the star that game. Nonetheless, Harpeth is an amazing basketball team with a great first year coach who will probably stay there a while. There were three of four girls from Waverly last night that played so hard last night. Thompson played her tail off the entire first half, and most of the second, but fouled out. Phennessee as you stated played her game as she always does. Ashley McCrary was doing all she could defensively. And Abby Holmquist has improved exponentially from last year. Waverly was playing with next years team, minus burlison last night. Mullinax is their only SR. The 07-08 season should be a fun one next year.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt realize that Mullinax was averaging 18 ppg. The Tennessean has her at 13. I guess more props should have been thrown in the direction of Harpeth last time they played Waverly for holding one of the mid-states top scores (18 ppg would have her in the top 15) below double figures. Harpeth played like a team with something to prove tonight, not sure that Waverly would have pulled this one out anyway, and as for Burlison, she was completely a non-factor the first time these teams met. She played but did not attempt a shot. If Harpeth can build on this one they will be heading in the right direction. They scored anywhere they wanted and played outstanding defense. Good game Harpeth, glad to see you are back on track, I guess you were off track by some people's standards.

I doubt very seriously she averages 18 points per game. Looking at boxscores she has scored 208 points in 15 games played for a 13.8 average. She is a really good player though, although Harpeth has held her in check. From talking to people who went to the game, it wouldn't have mattered if she would have played or not as it was a cake walk for a win. Just like I posted beforehand, the Lady Indians were going to roll. I do think and hope Waverly can knock off Sycamore or Cheatham though. They seem to have Cheatham's number since upsetting them last year.

Waverly was playing with next years team, minus burlison last night. Mullinax is their only SR. The 07-08 season should be a fun one next year.

So the Lady Indians only beat next year's Waverly team by 29? You're right, it should be a lot of fun. Just kidding with you. Waverly will be tough next year and may still pull an upset this year, but Harpeth, Cheatham, Sycamore and Creek Wood will all be good again next year so it's not going to get any easier.

Waverly was playing with next years team, minus burlison last night. Mullinax is their only SR. The 07-08 season should be a fun one next year.

So the Lady Indians only beat next year's Waverly team by 29? You're right, it should be a lot of fun. Just kidding with you. Waverly will be tough next year and may still pull an upset this year, but Harpeth, Cheatham, Sycamore and Creek Wood will all be good again next year so it's not going to get any easier.

Coach Johnson is going to have his hands full next year replacing Mandy and Salem along with Stephanie Lawrence. I think they will be fine probably second in district next to Cheatham, but it will be tough.

There is no replacement for this group of seniors. They are all good athletes and basketball smart. The job Coach Johnson has ahead of him will not be to replace these girls but to regroup. The game plan will have to change to accomodate a more post experienced team, but there is talent still there and coming from the middle school. Sometimes the younger girls are more eager to learn from a new coach than a group that has been doing things a different way for three years. I wouldn't expect a team that is as athletic or puts as many points on the board, however I would expect them to play extremely hard and work well together. Sometimes hard work and heart can make up for a lack of athleticism.

There is no replacement for this group of seniors. They are all good athletes and basketball smart. The job Coach Johnson has ahead of him will not be to replace these girls but to regroup. The game plan will have to change to accomodate a more post experienced team, but there is talent still there and coming from the middle school. Sometimes the younger girls are more eager to learn from a new coach than a group that has been doing things a different way for three years. I wouldn't expect a team that is as athletic or puts as many points on the board, however I would expect them to play extremely hard and work well together. Sometimes hard work and heart can make up for a lack of athleticism.

Very true, and I shouldnt of said replace, because I know you dont replace you regroup as you said. Carly Miller and Emily Erland both work hard this summer get stronger then by next year we could see some twin tower action. Plus Harpeth has a very talented freshman class coming up. It will be interesting to see what happens, but even more interesting to see how far these girls go this year.

Oh and you cant forget Flippo is coming back, and will be a force to be reckoned with from deep and on the offensive boards. :rolleyes:

NEWLY UPDATED DISTRICT 11AA STANDINGS:

1.) Harpeth (8-1)

2.) Sycamore (7-2)

3.) Creek Wood (6-3)

3.) Cheatham Co. (6-3)

5.) Montgomery Central (5-4)

6.) Waverly Central (2-6)

7.) Fairview (2-7)

8.) Stewart Co. (0-10)

Tuesday's Games:

Waverly Central at Stewart Co.

Montgomery Central at Harpeth