Gordonsville vs. South Pitt

R. Willoughby

This question is for the non SP and G-ville fans. This is for fans like you brdogg...

what makes you think South Pitt will win? For the most part with a few exceptions, South Pitt is favored heavily in this game. Are their any fans who have seen these 2 teams play this year?

If you do not have anyone who can punt it down field, you are going to lose.

If you only have one or two fast guys who can run 4.4, you are going to lose.

South Pitt has the fastest, highest scoring offense in the state. If you do not come into this game with a good answer to the question of how to contain the running and passing game, you will be playing catch up most of the game, and you are going to lose.

Like last year's Trouncedale, they have the ability to run the score up on you quick. It does not matter how big and strong your line is. South Pittsburg played against bigger lines all season long. A lot of teams came to the battle field against the pirates half-cocked and left with their tails between their legs. If you make the same mistake, you are going to lose.

This is not last year's pirates. If you think they are, you are going to lose.

If you can strike hard and fast and often, early in the game, you might win (But it is doubtful).

(Please let me know if I am giving the Pirates' fans a bad reputation)

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Pitt has the fastest, highest scoring offense in the state. If you do not come into this game with a good answer to the question of how to contain the running and passing game, you will be playing catch up most of the game, and you are going to lose.

Like last year's Trouncedale, they have the ability to run the score up on you quick. It does not matter how big and strong your line is. South Pittsburg played against bigger lines all season long. A lot of teams came to the battle field against the pirates half-cocked and left with their tails between their legs. If you make the same mistake, you are going to lose.

If you can strike hard and fast and often, early in the game, you might win (But it is doubtful).

Sorry pasture, maybe you should re-read my post. I am looking for opinions of fans who have no alliegiances to either team, and has seen both teams play. You are basing your opinion when you have yet to see Gordonsville play.

And hey Zone, anyway you can give me a hint on the number of MO$$$$ son, I would like to know who he is, and I know I may not seem old, but I feel it. I graduate from college in December, but going back in January, and I turned the big 22 this year :lol:

I-40 West...840 to the boro...I-24 South toward Chattanooga,,,Exit at the PITT...See how easy that was :lol:

Let me add to this... !-24 east toward chattanooga exit 152 kimball spitt exit.. go right and stay right for 2 miles stadium is on the left .. trust me u will see it.. the spitt marion cny game had over 8,000 people there .. I look for atleast 7,000 at this game.

No this is your opinion and i agree with it 100% and not in a cocky way.. its just a fact... spitt has played a few teams with bigger Lines and won that battle.. spitt is a running team. I know it u know it they know it.. but the difference is they dont get tired.. i have seen practice they are Fired up .. you will see the Pirates in there A game.... they look good @ practice even Zone said he is starting to feel better about this game

This question is for the non SP and G-ville fans. This is for fans like you brdogg...

what makes you think South Pitt will win? For the most part with a few exceptions, South Pitt is favored heavily in this game. Are their any fans who have seen these 2 teams play this year?

Well, I think this game COULD go either way because Gordonsville is a pretty tough team year in and year out, but with that said, I don't know if they'll figure out a way to contain South Pitt's speed. If G'ville can do that, then they WILL win this game, but I don't know if they can do that, so... I'm gonna lean slightly toward South Pitt in this one... only for them to get beat by FCS in the 2nd round.

Ok im gonan say it and get fussed at lol. this is how i really feel .. I dont think the fan's on here well most of them realize how good spitt is.. i dont think this game will be close at all.. yea yea yea i know you can throw all the scores and records away for this game.. Isnt that what everyone said about the spitt marion county game> and the score was 48-0.. south pitt is clicking again they have had some of the best practices ive seen this year... I really dont think this game will be close... 1 reason speed speed speed.. no offense to any gv fan or GV team itself.. just my opinion.. ive said it before and now ill say it again... the weather says perfect football weather for friday night... so im gonna say again spitt by 21

yes your right they sure have and played them well.. but i dont think any team i have seen has this much speed... and our offense is not even in the same neighborhood as last years .. this one is 100% different.. alot of motion and mis direction's...and we can pass, not a passing team but we have the capability.. i seen a cpl people say we have 4 back's with 4.4 speed that isnt true.. the truth is and it is even written in the chattanooga paper we have 7 players with 4.7 speed and better.. that is saying alot seeings its a single A team.. with 40 players. the one thing that bothers me is exactly as Zone says we need leadership someone to take this team on his back and say get up lets go.. we are only loosing 2 senior's off this team for next year and only one that gets alot of playing time so were young... I think this team can become a super Great team in the future and I think this year is a stepping stone for that.. i dont know how far we can go into the playoff's i think if we play as well as we can i think we can win it all. not saying we will but can... I actually see only one team that actually scares me.. and its from the west.. not saying GV, Tc, Coalfeild, FCS inst good . cause if i said that we all know thats a lie. but just my opinion... ive been getting alot of crap for posting my opinion lately.. but its just that my opinion... nothing more. no disrespect to anyone or team. afterall they are just kid's I wish them all Luck...