Antioch vs Dickson County

couga14

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe any of Dickson County's players have experienced a playoff win either. These seniors missed the playoffs as sophmores, lost in the first round last year to Gallatin as juniors, and have a chip on their shoulder this year. They feel they have some unfinished business to settle. They're motivation is high and they know (as do other playoff teams) they can't finish it unless they win their first round game.

As all of you know, the team with the best athletes doesn't necessarily have the best team. The best team doesn't always win. Ability and potential never won a game and never will. A team's performance determines the outcome. And that includes all facets of the game.

I for one think Antioch has a chance to win because they're playing the game. If teams like Riverdale and Franklin can give up leads and lose a game everyone thought they would/should win, then who's to say Dickson County can't?

Dickson County's performance this season has been solid for the most part. Defensively they started off slow but have definitely gotten better each week. If they want a chance to settle their unfinished business, they must perform well against Antioch and take care of first things first.

DCHS---It's nice to see someone who consistently has good, well-thought posts put out there. A number of posters will bang the drum for their team and "beat up" the competition. We both know that to make the playoffs all these teams are capable of a win of any night. Having seen Dickson and Antioch play this year, I think you have made a fair assessment of the game. I do think that Dickson will be too much for Antioch to handle on both sides of the ball. Good luck to all the Region 5 and 6 teams starting tomorrow.

I thought it was a #4 seeded Dickson Co. vs #1 seeded Smyrna, but maybe I'm a year off or just wrong altogether. :thumb:

If your talking about last year it was Gallatin in the playoff's and we got hammerd.

the year befor that we missed the playoff's for the first time in years. And 2003 we hand a team that should have went all the way but we lost to Hendersoville.

12-3

Antioch physically whipped DC. This was a great game between both teams.

Antioch played a great game, DC had their worst performance of the year IMO and couldn't get anything going all night. 5 turnovers will kill you when you are playing a good team.

Antioch came out, not intimitated and just played a heck of a game.

Good luck for the rest of the playoffs Antioch

And to all my DC faithful, i know the loss hurts, but next year looks promising with 7 starters returning from a defense that came on really strong to close the year.

Edited by couga14

I hate to brag again, but I tried to warn folks that Antioch is a DANGEROUS team when they are motivated. There probably isn't a better looking team this side of Riverdale than Antioch. Woodward is doing a good job over there without ideal personnel in some spots. This neighborhood rivalry (Ravenwood and Antioch are what......six miles apart) with the coaching family tree linking Rector and Woodward, makes this a great matchup for next Friday night. Congrats to the Bears!!!

hmm...very disappointed in the play calling tonight, i know that definantly isnt the only reason dickson lost. Five turnovers will get you everytime, but we didnt pass when we needed to, and did pass when we didnt need to. I think the coaching staff needs to put a little bit more faith in the passing game, they need some 3 wide reciever sets! And i dont think anyone can snag a ball away from collins, anyway good luck next year guys. Maybe the players and the coaching staff will learn something from this loss. I am really looking forward to next season!!!!

hmm...very disappointed in the play calling tonight, i know that definantly isnt the only reason dickson lost. Five turnovers will get you everytime, but we didnt pass when we needed to, and did pass when we didnt need to. I think the coaching staff needs to put a little bit more faith in the passing game, they need some 3 wide reciever sets! And i dont think anyone can snag a ball away from collins, anyway good luck next year guys. Maybe the players and the coaching staff will learn something from this loss. I am really looking forward to next season!!!!

Playcalling wasn't the problem. It was the 5 turnovers.. The defense kept us in the game like they have all year. Next years defense should be better if they can find any kind of lineman.

And to antioch fans, good game and good luck next week.

#88 and #80 were beast

Edited by couga14