Antioch vs Dickson County

couga14

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember that Antioch's head coach, Michael Woodward was the Offensive Coordinator on Ravenwood's State Championship team last year and he will be very familiar with what DC does on both sides of the ball.

I think this could be a trap game for DC, especially if they look ahead to the second round.

But playing at home, I think that they can pull this one off and maybe start a deep run into the playoffs.

DC 17

Antioch 12

Remember that Antioch's head coach, Michael Woodward was the Offensive Coordinator on Ravenwood's State Championship team last year and he will be very familiar with what DC does on both sides of the ball.

I think this could be a trap game for DC, especially if they look ahead to the second round.

But playing at home, I think that they can pull this one off and maybe start a deep run into the playoffs.

DC 17

Antioch 12

Dickson's 3-5 defense is a lot different than the 4-3 they ran last year.

Also, the offense has been changed a little bit

From what I've seen Dickson has some good back-ups too, not to mention Brown. #17 and #25 got some good runs in the Ravenwood game.

DC has three quality backs behind Brown and Rayburn. I'd expect atleast one of them to spell for Rayburn some

Jordan, Turner, and 34 Vidulich have a combined 395 yards on 62 carries with 2 TDs.

Brown and Rayburn have combined for 1611 on 243 carries with 22 TDs

Antioch will have the best looking athletes that you have seen this year. #80 and#88 are huge and great looking players. #19 is a speed demon that you don't want to get to the outside. But they have a very inconsistant QB and are a typical metro "once you get the lead they come unravelled" team. I wasn't impressed with them the night we played them but too many stupid mistakes just took the wind out of them. I don't see Dickson having too much of a problem with them. Just don't let them stay in the game and think that they can play with ya'll. Score early and often.

Alright, here's someone from Antioch because it seems no one is giving 'da Bears a snowball's chance in ........ to win. I believe that Antioch is focused and will put up a mean fight. As said, the ends are ferocious, so those TE seams will be hindered. #36 in the middle is a beast, traps will not be as effective. Antioch has played well in stretches, and had some lapses. But a team that is hungry for a playofff win (and these seniors have not experienced that) is dangerous. I am taking Antioch to win in a close game. GO BEARS!!!!!

Alright, here's someone from Antioch because it seems no one is giving 'da Bears a snowball's chance in ........ to win. I believe that Antioch is focused and will put up a mean fight. As said, the ends are ferocious, so those TE seams will be hindered. #36 in the middle is a beast, traps will not be as effective. Antioch has played well in stretches, and had some lapses. But a team that is hungry for a playofff win (and these seniors have not experienced that) is dangerous. I am taking Antioch to win in a close game. GO BEARS!!!!!

Hey it's nice to see someone from Antioch out there ( GOOD LUCK FRIDAY ) :unsure:

I don't believe any of Dickson County's players have experienced a playoff win either. These seniors missed the playoffs as sophmores, lost in the first round last year to Gallatin as juniors, and have a chip on their shoulder this year. They feel they have some unfinished business to settle. They're motivation is high and they know (as do other playoff teams) they can't finish it unless they win their first round game.

As all of you know, the team with the best athletes doesn't necessarily have the best team. The best team doesn't always win. Ability and potential never won a game and never will. A team's performance determines the outcome. And that includes all facets of the game.

I for one think Antioch has a chance to win because they're playing the game. If teams like Riverdale and Franklin can give up leads and lose a game everyone thought they would/should win, then who's to say Dickson County can't?

Dickson County's performance this season has been solid for the most part. Defensively they started off slow but have definitely gotten better each week. If they want a chance to settle their unfinished business, they must perform well against Antioch and take care of first things first.

I don't believe any of Dickson County's players have experienced a playoff win either. These seniors missed the playoffs as sophmores, lost in the first round last year to Gallatin as juniors, and have a chip on their shoulder this year. They feel they have some unfinished business to settle. They're motivation is high and they know (as do other playoff teams) they can't finish it unless they win their first round game.

I thought it was a #4 seeded Dickson Co. vs #1 seeded Smyrna, but maybe I'm a year off or just wrong altogether. :thumb:

Edited by ForumPhantom