Stratford @ Springfield

ut18vols

I would like to be the first to thank Hillsboro's Sam Hunter for his comments on 104.5 last night. Stratford will now come into this one with something to prove and they'll get it done when all is said and done.

Stratford: 14

Springfield; 7

What comments were made? I was at the Stratford game but didn't hear the comments on the radio.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What comments were made? I was at the Stratford game but didn't hear the comments on the radio.

Sam pointed out that Stratford had no less than 10 personal fouls against Hillsboro. Two PF on one play.

I believe he called them "thugs." While it is not fair to label the entire team based upon the actions of a few kids, any negative comments should be reserved for the players commiting the dumb and dangerous fouls.

No point in shooting the messenger.

Sam pointed out that Stratford had no less than 10 personal fouls against Hillsboro. Two PF on one play.

I believe he called them "thugs." While it is not fair to label the entire team based upon the actions of a few kids, any negative comments should be reserved for the players commiting the dumb and dangerous fouls.

No point in shooting the messenger.

Yea, that is what he said, Stratford had 10 personal fouls against Hillsboro. Two PF on one play. He started off saying they are just a bunch of thugs and they play cheap(as in cheap shots and illegal shots). I heard it. GO Springfield

I would like to be the first to thank Hillsboro's Sam Hunter for his comments on 104.5 last night. Stratford will now come into this one with something to prove and they'll get it done when all is said and done.

Stratford: 14

Springfield; 7

No matter what, the score want be that low.

ur wrong if they wanna act like thugs agaisnt Springfield............Springfield will have no problem treating them like thugs

Why does it have to be like this? Are they acting like thugs because they are predominantly black? Be honest. What do you have to say about the players on predominantly white teams acting undisciplined? Are they acting like thugs ? I think not. Stratford has gotten the label of being thugs because of two reasons: 1) their team consists of predominantly black players and 2) a handful of players have been penalized for unsportsmanlike behavior. A few rotten apples should not spoil the bunch. I have seen unsportsmanship from a lot of teams this season. I don't call them thugs. I got a label for you , Guess what it is. Bring it ! God don't like ugly.

Yea, that is what he said, Stratford had 10 personal fouls against Hillsboro. Two PF on one play. He started off saying they are just a bunch of thugs and they play cheap(as in cheap shots and illegal shots). I heard it. GO Springfield

You all stink big time. You all are ignorant. You all are just as much thugs as the players you are calling thugs. God is not in you.

Stratford has been mostly black for 20 years. That has nothing to do with it. Only lately have they been referred to as undisciplined and thugs. Johnson brought that attitude and lack of control, class, and sportsmanship and Smith is trying to change it but ain't there yet.

You never heard that mess with Pigue, Leach, Spears, or Campbell. They coached mostly black teams that played the game the right way.

And there are many white teams that are undisciplined, dirty, and thuggish too. I won't lower myself to name any here.

Stratford has been mostly black for 20 years. That has nothing to do with it. Only lately have they been referred to as undisciplined and thugs. Johnson brought that attitude and lack of control, class, and sportsmanship and Smith is trying to change it but ain't there yet.

You never heard that mess with Pigue, Leach, Spears, or Campbell. They coached mostly black teams that played the game the right way.

And there are many white teams that are undisciplined, dirty, and thuggish too. I won't lower myself to name any here.

I wouldn't sweat it anyway. Sam gets on the radio each and every week and makes jokes about teams that Hillsboro beats throughout the year. I am talking about teams like Whites Creek (who he said was bigger and faster than Hillsboro but poorly coached), Hickman Co. (who he said was so terrible that he actually slept during the game), & the likes of Shelbyville and Lawrence Co.

In fact the only two teams I've ever heard Sam Hunter praise on that show are Tullahoma & Maplewood. THAT IS IT!!!!

Stratford is going to beat Springfield and complete what's going to otherwise be an easy Region 5-4A SWEEP!!!

If Stratford comes to play football, they can win this game. No room for foolishness and 'thuggish' behavior to have a chance.

Why does it have to be like this? Are they acting like thugs because they are predominantly black?

I'm not for political correctness. Its not about race, I see it at other places too.

But the shoe fits here. They are what they are. Just because they are predominantly black does not mean they should not be labeled if they have earned it. The negative actions of a few always stands out, like it or not.

Why does it have to be like this? Are they acting like thugs because they are predominantly black? Be honest. What do you have to say about the players on predominantly white teams acting undisciplined? Are they acting like thugs ? I think not. Stratford has gotten the label of being thugs because of two reasons: 1) their team consists of predominantly black players and 2) a handful of players have been penalized for unsportsmanlike behavior. A few rotten apples should not spoil the bunch. I have seen unsportsmanship from a lot of teams this season. I don't call them thugs. I got a label for you , Guess what it is. Bring it ! God don't like ugly.

Man calm down, when i said about thugs was referring to Sam on the radip, i never called yall thugs. That one guy,allstar said that, i went by what Sam said and the 10 personnal fouls in 1 game. Thats alot. Well this game is gonna be good. Also about the black school thing. H-E-L-L-O, wake up and smell the coffee Springfield is also predominantly black school, we have white players, but this doesnt need to be a racist kind of thing. I never seen Stratford play except back when they beat us, they were some athletes, but were alot better than that time though so im not basing this weeks game on that. We can all stop the name calling and act like adults that we are(atleast most of us on here are adults or are in high school and you can act your age, cause your almost adults) On the field, this friday, will be a bunch of athletes. Whoever has the best team and clicks the best wins. I pulling for Springfield. You saying i didnt have God in me, you need to stop judging someone cause i wasnt talking about yall i was just saying what Sam said, and yes God is in me.

Edited by ut18vols